This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by A8, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Funerary_Doom

Funerary_Doom My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I feel it's really weird when everyone is getting older around you, except you. I mean I am getting older too. But... idk. I guess this is the black curse.

Btw I'm drunk. Sup UM.

TechnicalBarbarity and Onder like this.
  2. HamburgerBoy

HamburgerBoy Active Member

Just got home from work. At a stoplight the guy sitting next to me was playing Malmsteen's Crystal Ball, although I didn't recognize it until I Googled the lyrics. Pasty guy with glasses and ponytail, reminded me of Dodens a bit.

Onder likes this.
  3. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Not much, dropped out of school when 16 and took my ged when 17 and passed everything besides math, i have a learning disability in math and can't get my ged and have had all kinds up fucked up jobs, but recently got moved into this town/city and they have dss which knew nothing about, and they pay my rent, but I wanted to get my ged years ago for various reasons and this place could just stop paying my rent and what not, but I can't pass the math.

4. EspaDa

EspaDa Demon of the Fall

what do you do in life man?

5. The Ozzman

The Ozzman Melted by feels

He's on disability so he sits around trying to be edgy on forums while getting a check from the government. My tax dollars at work.

6. EspaDa

EspaDa Demon of the Fall

I feel sorry for his disease but his posts are preposterous most of the time.

7. no country for old wainds

it's fucking great. getting older is clearly the worst thing that can possibly happen to a person. every time someone whines to me about their Adult Problems i'm like hey it's really awesome that i think and care less about this kinda shit than i do about which is the sixth best metal album of 1988.

8. Phylactery

Phylactery Active Member

Getting older is definitely the worst. I'm 30 in a few months, and I can feel a full blown existential crisis coming along! I keep thinking about it. I've built this day up for years and concluded it's pretty much going to be the end of my life as I know it. 30 is old as fuck and those people that say 40 is the best time of their life can fuck right off. Nothing good comes with age. You get terrible hangovers, you can't play sports the same as you used to, and you generally become a pretty boring person. 30 is the time you begin longing for the cold grip of death to the end your miserable, pointless existence.

I'd give anything to be 16 again and starting my A Levels at college again.

#63308 Phylactery, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    The Butt and TechnicalBarbarity like this.
  9. The Ozzman

Shut the fuck up

10. no country for old wainds

the trick is to make your life stagnate as much as possible so there's no difference between being 16 and 30. my life isn't exactly super different and i've always had terrible hangovers, i'm as fit as i ever was and i'm a lot more chilled out and free of anxiety/insecurity so i can't say i'd rather be 16 again. i would definitely rather be 8 or 10 again though, childhood is peak existence unless you're one of the unlucky ones that gets abused or something.

11. Phylactery

Phylactery Active Member

You're probably over 30 and lamenting the death of your previous self.

I'm well aware this is all ridiculous btw, and that I probably won't feel any different until post 40 really. But as I said, I've built this day up for so long in my head, since at least my early teens that as it draws nearer it's beginning to consume me.

I don't know about that. I mean it was all care free, and you had more legitimate experiences of wonder, but at that age you're usually pretty selfish and ignorant and don't really know anything about anything. I don't think I'd want to be like that again.

12. The Ozzman

I'm not. As per usual you spout nothing but conjecture.

13. HamburgerBoy

I can't wait for 30 tbh

[​IMG]

The Ozzman likes this.
  14. Baroque

Baroque Active Member

30s are the best years of life imo. You're a young adult but you're no longer fucking stupid (hopefully). You have an income and you're still healthy, you can do what you want.

zabu of nΩd and Satanstoenail like this.
  15. HamburgerBoy

That's what I'm hoping for. I don't have any great material or social ambitions, all I really want out of life right now is to be done with school, have a moderate source of income, and my own house, so that I can do pretty much whatever I want beyond the judgment of normies within it. I've wanted to become a hermit since approximately the age of 10 and it's taking for fucking ever to reach that stage. Hoping my libido eventually withers away as well.

16. no country for old wainds

once you're an adult everything's filtered through cynicism and self-awareness and familiarity, when you're a kid you get fucking excited every day about something trivial to the point of not being able to sleep or sit still. so much easier to get immersed in stuff, it ruled. plus, ignorance is bliss is one of the oldest and truest clichés in the book. as a kid i was never 'stupid' exactly but i was largely oblivious to the wider world and its workings and it was fantastic.

Satanstoenail and HamburgerBoy like this.
  17. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

Lol, Phylactery kind of sounded like a more "sophisticated" version of DeathDelirium/CF87 right there.

18. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

The sick joke of life is that when we are young we are too stupid and full of anxiety to really appreciate being young and when we get older and smarter and chill the fuck out, our bodies start shutting down in various ways. God is a cunt.

Phylactery likes this.
  19. HamburgerBoy

My body is already shutting down. My memory is rapidly fading, I have random chest pains, and I now have to wipe my ass several times a day even long after taking a dump because shit tends to just slowly leak out now. I'll probably be bed-ridden and incontinent by 40, assuming I don't die of a heart attack before then which one of my great-grandfathers did (though most others lasted to 60-70 before their first heart problems).

20. Baroque

Baroque Active Member

^change your diet and exercise? take care of yoself

Dak likes this.