This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by A8, Sep 15, 2007.

1. CiG

CiG Active Member

Bleh. Sloppy pasty tarts with armpit hair and body odor in the hot Australian sun.

Terasophe likes this.
  2. jimmy101

jimmy101 Active Member

Nothing wrong with a bit of B.O. If anything the sweat would make their tits glisten a little bit in the sun.

Silver linings, brother. Silver linings.

Slammed likes this.
  3. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

What gets me about the holidays was how many other people in positions of authority took leave as well, it was like Scomo was the first and the other monkeys just followed. Whether he could have done anything more than offered thoughts and prayers was beside the point for me. What was a bigger issue was that he was the one who instigated the arse kicking for Kristina Nixon during the Black Saturday fires and she only went to dinner for a few hours, he fucked off out of the country when it was his turn.

Obviously he'd be fucking useless on the fire front, he wouldn't burn for long enough, but it was funny to see so many Labor/Greens supporters bitching he wasn't there, then when he came back they bitched he was there. It's nearly as funny as all the Labor supporters struggling with the fact that Abbott keeps getting press coverage for fighting the fires, they want to hate the guy but saying bad things makes them look bad for picking on an RFS volunteer.

jimmy101 likes this.
  4. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Your positive outlook on things is amusing.

jimmy101 likes this.
  5. jimmy101

jimmy101 Active Member

100% mate. People are always crapping on about him being out of the country during the worst ecological disaster in the entire history of the country, yet they'll still use it just to further their contrarian agenda. The lack of nuance/self-awareness is fucking staggering.

Slammed likes this.
  6. CiG

CiG Active Member

B.O. can be dealt with if the personality is redeemable. But don't let me get in the way of your terrible taste in women. ;)

Slammed likes this.
  7. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

It happened during Ash Wednesday, then it went stupid during Black Saturday, now with these latest fires it seems like some fuckwits can't help but make it political. The biggest problem these days though is the media that feeds the shit and keeps it going longer than most news consumers attention spans.

8. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

He tastes their BO too? Now that is truly disturbing.

MasterpieceMesias and CiG like this.
  9. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Active Member

drinking free coffee

10. Onder

Onder Gegen unendlich

I've been installing software on my Linux laptop for the past 6 hours. Cool shit. But I think I'm finally nailing it.

11. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Active Member

12. jimmy101

jimmy101 Active Member

Can't say that I haven't made past blunders in this department.

CiG likes this.
  13. Terasophe

Terasophe Into Valeria

Gross

CiG likes this.
  14. CiG

CiG Active Member

They're truly vile creatures.

15. Terasophe

Terasophe Into Valeria

I don't care to bother with feminists. If you're just gonna scream at me for doing absolutely nothing wrong, you might as well be my mother or something.

CiG likes this.
  16. zabu of nΩd

zabu of nΩd Free Insultation

You've been using Linux for 6 hours, and you think you've nailed it... that's cute. Let's see what you think a month or two from now, when you've had time to remember the rest of the programs you need, which you're used to installing in < 5 minutes on Windows, while on Linux they require 20+ hours of hacking your way through bizarre chains of program dependencies, until you ultimately conclude "hm, maybe I can get by without half the programs I normally use." ;)

Onder and Slammed like this.
  17. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Hehe, it's funny because it's true.

18. Onder

Onder Gegen unendlich

Haha. I should probably say I'm not moving to Linux entirely, I just need it for some statistics and data processing in R. But what you said here, it really do be like that, I'm attending a course on R next week and the teacher sent us a list of like 40 packages we will use, saying "if you can, install those". Well I thought I could, started doing it through terminal, but it turned out that each one of the packages required 5 different packages to be installed beforehand and every second attempt yielded a screen full of errors. Only after several hours I found out I could install the packages through R-studio which actually provides some user-friendliness as it attempts to solve some of the issues on its own but even then I had to deal with a lot of errors in the terminal.

All in all, I hate it and love it at the same time, but I'm definitely not moving to Linux for my personal fucking-around.

zabu of nΩd likes this.
  19. Carpe Mortem

Carpe Mortem Benevolently Batshit

Over the fucking moon right now. Just got approved last night for a waterfront townhouse 10 minutes from my work, much bigger than where I'm at, with a firepit already built. So looking forward to having a coffee with my fishing pole in the water. Then today our director calls and tells me to expect a bonus in next week pay, along with a proposition to have me start training on our other location's software in Florida and be the home office eyes down there a few times a year. Just all around a great Friday.

20. Carpe Mortem

Carpe Mortem Benevolently Batshit

Also I've convinced my partner we need to get a dog after the move and the mutual consensus is we're getting a corgi. A fat butt bearish barking claptrap of a canine. Anyone have one? Barking worst ever, or....?