This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

I've never heard anything good about Dodo. Their entire customer base must comprise people who have no idea.

2. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I have Dodo telephone so their dial up is free - as good as any other dial up service I've been with - it suits me fine.

s

3. Rick

Rick Senior User

How do you pronounce this.. dial up?

4. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I'm not sure I was translating from heiroglyphics.

Getting back to topic after watching TV, I'm pissed off with those 20 to 1 shows, a bunch of nobodies giving their opinions about a dodgy top 20 list compiled by a bunch of nobodies.

s

5. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

service this bad shouldn't be allowed, plain and simple

it would seem that EVERY night between 4pm and midnight or so it drops out within 2-3 minutes of switching it on, and then half the time won't reconnect because it "cant find the remote computer"

i think this translates to "we have a lot more customers than network lines so you're all fucked for trying to connect in the evenings"

6. Rick

Rick Senior User

Report it? Most people with an idea about decent broadband would not use Dodo, so as a result, the ones left behind using it are going to be the less wise about how it SHOULD work, etc, and therefore expect nothing more than the poor quality it delivers. It's a great place for Dodo to place themselves. Like that retarded bird, i'm suprised they aren't extinct.

7. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

FYI Dodo is the number one ISP complained about to the telecommunications obudsman. The only time I have recommended their broadband to someone it was as slow as hell and a dismal fail.

8. Rick

Rick Senior User

The character "Skyler" (or pretty much any family member) on Breaking Bad. I feel no sympathy for her, all i want is for her to shut the fuck up. Every episode is a rollercoaster of the INTERESTING characters juxtaposed with the fucking DROLL ones. It's hideous, yet so addictive.

9. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Welcome to commercial television. This is why I only watch SBS and ABC or download the good TV shows from the US season. The only reason to watch commercial TV is for Talking 'bout your Generation, because Micallef is the only Australian comedian worth a shit.

I dunno, Skyler and all the supporting characters have their place. It's a show about how nobody's perfect and everyone's a fuckup in some way. Plus Hank's awesome, I want to see what happens between him and Walt when he catches onto who Walt really is (Which has been hinted at a few times). Easily one of my favourite TV shows, this season has been amazingly well paced and written and the fact that the last episode is next week makes me sad.

And on the subject of drugs, because I forgot to reply earlier... Yeah, there is some amazingly nasty and disgusting shit out there but psychedelics are hands down some of the most amazingly awesome things around. Everyone should try them at least once or twice in their lives, because the world is so much more amazing and beautiful after you've tried them. That's why it's so sad they're as illegal as they are, especially since they're non-addictive and non-toxic.

10. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

I pretty much echo the TV stuff. ABC and SBS are really all I watch when I do watch TV. I feel my brain start melting as soon as I turn the thing on and my missus has watched something..... usually on one of the other stations.

Micallef is worth something? I thought Australian comedy left our TV's about the same time Full Frontal did.

I'll stick to my music for the ride. It's cheap, no risk and everyone around you enjoys it without trying it out.

11. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

AFIAK he was in Full Frontal - Milo Kerrigan, McGaan's World omg youtube time!

I think Full Frontal was (and still is) the only show that can make me teary from laughing. I'm so glad there are snippets on youtube.

If we still had shows of such quality i think TV would be better. :oops:

12. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Micallef is hands down one of the best comedians of all time. It's a pity that 90% of his humour goes above the heads of most people, which is why he never seems to last on commercial TV. Try and find the Micallef in a Box DVD boxset, it's got all 3 seasons of his ABC Micallef Program. Micallef Tonight on WIN was also pure awesome, until he took the piss out of Kerry Packer and said cunt on air and got axed the next week. Then he went to SBS and made Newstopia (Of which there are torrents floating around online) for 3 seasons, which is easily the best satirical news program ever. Totally craps over anything the Chaser boys have done. It's just a pity he seems to lack that 'main stream' appeal which usually means his shows only last 1-2 seasons.

He's currently hosting the celebrity gameshow TBYG on 10 at 7:30, Tuesdays and is pretty much the only reason it's watchable.

13. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

full frontal gets too much credit.
    sure it had micallef, but also kim gingell, julia morris, peter moon and countless others that just weren't funny
    the majority of the time it was really shit

14. Bucko

Bucko Member

my ex-wife , my kids, the shit at work, but who gives a fuk

15. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

going to lunch and finding out half an hour later after getting back that someone had broken into the laptop cage and stolen one.

than finding out later that the cunt is known and on the police's "Do Not Approach" list because he's a viral infected junkie who bites, spits and uses needles to stab anyone who tries to stop him.

so even if I was there to stop him, I'd either not be able to stop him or be in hospital right now.

makes me want to find the cunt and his AIDS-ridden bitch and smash them bother in with a pool cue! :mad:

16. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

Keep an eye out at the local hock-shop ;)

17. Acey Jendell

Acey Jendell Jonesey

Having friends that think its cool to wake me up at 4 in the morning pisses me off.... now im internetting on their phones

18. Shadow298

it'll go straight to their dealer, who will either sell it on eBay or offload it more discreetly.

things tend to operate a little different here in Canberra than elsewhere because we have a concentrated drug culture.

19. Rick

Rick Senior User

Putting effort into something and thinking you'd done a very good job, only to be shown (failed) otherwise.

20. Shadow298

not having enough people to cover shifts, having people not wanting to go to certain places for whatever reason, been told last minute that shifts have changed and can't do them because of prior commitments and other total SNAFUs of the past few days.

minor victory in getting tricky shifts filled but still a big shitfight ahead of me. :mad: :(