This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Lol, that is pretty much saying everyone in the balkans is an idiot! Getting drunk everyday ftw! Can't wait until the grapes start to grow and we start making home made rakija and cherry liquor... Good times ahead.

2. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

If so, there must be a lot of fightin goin on over there.

s

3. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I've just realised that I've never ranted about how much I hate it when someone calls out "Bless you!" whenever someone sneezes. It's a Pavlovian reaction. "A-choo!" goes someone. "Bless you!" someone else cries out. "Thank you!" the sneezer replies, without actually knowing why. Don't bless me when I sneeze. It's silly.

4. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

My wife does that every time and it annoys the shit outta me. Anyone who blesses me gets no response.

5. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Also the saying "Bless me father for I have sinned"

I thought it was a funny pisstake of "Forgive me father for I have sinned" when I heard it on Operation Mindcrime.

The guy goes around killing people and wants to be blessed for it?

You should bless someone for being righteous correct?

s

6. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

The traditional Catholic request for Confession is "Bless me Father, for I have sinned". Sinners ask for forgiveness; that forgiveness is a blessing bestowed on them by God through a priest. When a priest blesses someone they are absolving them of sin so they can enter Heaven. And if you ask for forgiveness, you're given it if you repent and commit an act of penitance. So you can basically act like an arsehole all the time, go to church and be shrieved of your sins and therefore be allowed to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

7. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

^ Can they ever forgive themselves?

8. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

no, because you cannot hear your own confession or absolve yourself, so you have to confess to fellow priest
    nuns also lack the ability to absolve or hear sins

but, such a system lead to huge issues within the church, where they had to keep the confessions of sexually deviant priests (and not just paedophiles and such) confident as per the rules of the church, so lots of abuse went unreported and often, years and years ago, it was seen as a sin to break the confession of anyone, let alone a brother in cloth, which created huge moral tensions within the Catholic church.
    leading up to all the hide a paedo problems that we have these days

9. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Funny how the church bears the brunt of the paedo thing I suppose it's because priests are people we are supposed to trust and preach to be good, etc.?

...then again aren't we supposed to trust child care centre workers, baby-sitters, relatives, P.E. teachers (lol), etc.?

Speaking of P.E. teachers, another thing that pisses me off a bit is people who call older guys going with younger girls paedophiles - it may not be morally sound to their standards but if a 40 year old guy can land an 18 year old girl I say good luck to him.... and .... I'm jealous, lol.

s

10. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Having a hard drive and now my router die in the same damn week

11. Bucko

Bucko Member

no thats so wrong , I've had to turn down lots of realtionships for that very reason . bwhahahhaa

12. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

At one point I pointed out to my wife how if you quietly burp into your hand, harming nobody, you have to say "excuse me", but if you sneeze, blowing germs and snot everywhere, the other people have to say "bless you". So for a while it became a running joke to say "bless you" when someone burped.

13. Jammin_Jim

Jammin_Jim New Metal Member

When someone calls me a rocker or emo and I correct them, telling them I am a metalhead, and they say, "Eh...same difference..." That makes me want to literally start stabbing people.

14. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

Neanderthal men, wearing slapnuts wristbands, who think it's okay to bash around a couple of small women in the mosh pit.
    And if chicks defend themselves, they turn around and look at you like, 'what the fuck do you think you are doing?'
    Everyone else is just having a good time, enjoying the band, but no, in they come, and start bashing on the smallest in the crowd.
    What heroes............

They are definitely the men who never get laid. I guess this is the reason for their angst?

15. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I imagine there was more to it that just that.

If I found a girl I was in tune with, age wouldn't matter.......as long as she was younger :lol:

s

16. Celestial-Todd

CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT

I just rebuilt my server at home.... copying data from my backup drive to one of the active drives when I get a "disk failure is imminent" warning. No problem I say to myself, this is why I have the backup disk

UNTIL I REALISE I CUT AND PASTED THE FILES. 256gb worth of files down the tube!

17. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

All is not lost if you use some data recovery tools and don't fuck with the disk much otherwise. I'd quickly go out and get another external disk (or use one of the others you have) and run a boot disk with a data recovery utility on the disk you cut the files from immediately and recover to your external drive. I reckon you'll be lucky.

18. Celestial-Todd

I restarted the server and found that I could still access the drive.... so I've started to slowly copy back files onto the backup disk, starting from the most important to those I can stand to lose. An hour down and no crashes so far.... I've been reading around and the belief is that for the SMART error I received, I "should" have a few hours of life in it if I don't thrash it or power it down

I've queued up the rest of the files to copy. Hopefully tomorrow morning will greet me with completed transfers

19. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

^ That was a pants-filling moments, been there myself and it aint fun.

20. Celestial-Todd

Doing it at 1am doesn't help either

I've managed to get all the data back off the drive. I really don't trust the other 750's I have now (two of them). I can only really point the finger at my previous RAID 5 array degrading their life expenctancy because both of the drives failed with the same warning.

Now I have to reconfigure my server AGAIN. I think for the time being (until I get the disks back from RMA), I'm going to keep ALL my media offline in the 1tb drives "just incase" as I'm running with no safety net