This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

Just had an e-mail from an acquaintance asking if I'd like to be part of his future Kickstarter game project.
    As part of the blurb he sent it said "It's a game that forces the player to take a journey" and that was when I immediately rejected it.
    It's the same with novels or films, you shouldn't FORCE the audience into something. that belies the reasons for creating something. You want to entice them to join in with you, make it seem that they are a part of it all and keep their interest at every point no matter where you take the narrative.
    If you use the would FORCE it pretty much says that you want to beat the audience over the head with your own opinions and limit their emotional connection with the story you are trying to tell.
    It just sounds preachy and wanky. So automatic rejection right there.

2. BurningCreation

TPG piss me off. I might make the move back to iiNet I think.

3. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

People who sit in the middle lane (which can go left or right) of a 3 lane intersection and don't indicate

4. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I wake up at 6am for work, yeah that pisses me off but what pisses me off even more is waking up at 4am (or earlier) then being unable to sleep properly, tossing and turning through the night checking the alarm clock throughout and the last thing I notice before falling into the most deepest sleep is 5.50 am on the alarm clock, then getting woken up by the alarm 10 minutes later and feel crap all day.

:(

s

5. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

not bad, not bad...

don't feed the troll.

6. Shadow298

Having a bloody seppo (American) trying to argue with me; saying that because Australia since has brought gun control laws that it has become a chaotic land of crime where ordinary citizens can't defend themselves and live in constant fear of attack.

Then tries to say he's read statistics proving that to be true.

Well, fucker, I live in the country as you well know and my former job was risk management. I've read every bloody statistic there is on the matter for the past 5 fucking years!

7. Celestial-Todd

I'm guessing Underbelly is the only thing he's ever seen about Australia?

8. Shadow298

I think more that he is hanging on gun-nut forums and such who post up skewed and false facts.

It basically started with him posting up a video called "the truth of Australian gun crime" which had as much truth in it as a story from A Current Affair or Today Tonight.

He's one of those Libertarians. Which basically means "freedom for me, none for you and I twist the laws & constitution into what I want them to be".

9. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

You can't argue with people like that. They're wall-to-wall dogmatic belief and confirmation bias. They are fundamentally unable to accept anything but their own point of view. There may be some merit in posting facts so that other people don't simply swallow the bullshit as true, I suppose. But at the end of the day you have to ask, is it worth my sanity?

10. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I had a similar debate with a Yank over their health care. They like to believe their country and whatever system they have in place is the best and everyone else are communists.

He was saying his tax dollars shouldn't be spent looking after people, if someone gets sick they should look to their community for support, charity, etc.

YEAH RIGHT!

s

11. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

GWAR were right.

12. Shadow298

GWAR are always right.

13. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Getting diabetes for my 40th birthday. Lot of family history for it so I kinda expected it sometime.

14. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Sorry to hear it.

Are you overweight or consume a lot of sugary product?

I thought if you had it in the family but looked after yourself you'd be okay, no?

s

15. Shadow298

[​IMG]

16. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

haha. Yes on both counts. Overweight and ate/drank a fair bit of crap. I do quite a bit of exercise and hardly drink any booze which is probably why the doc said so many things were in very good shape- eyes, kidneys, thyroid etc. I also have a fatty liver which is a problem likely linked to high cholesterol. Nonetheless, its easy to see the signs in hindsight, which for me were tired during the day to the point where I'd sleep in the afternoons on weekends, plus blurry distance vision- in particular at night. When I had a real high sugar event on Monday everything beyond 3m was very blurry- I couldn't read the big green signs on the freeway beyond about 10m. This will go away when my blood sugar recedes. Boils down to high glucose in your eyeball changes the refractive index. For a week or so before the attack I was extremely thirsty and drank 2-3 times more water than I normally would.

Doc said even in the best of circumstances (good diet etc) he thinks I would still have wound up with it eventually. From my point of view it's no big deal. I just need to take a tablet every day and change around the things I eat and when I eat them.

17. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

I turned 40 a couple of weeks back, I get my bloods back tomorrow. I'm not expecting diabetes, but cholesterol might be a thing. Almost everyone in my father's family has either survived a heart attack or, you know, not survived it. Could have more to do with all the booze, smokes, and British cooking though, so I should be safe.

18. Celestial-Todd

I can't help but laugh to myself everytime I go to the docs with ANY ailment... the first response is "lets take some bloods" to test for

a - high cholesterol
    b - diabetes

And they test my blood pressure

The one upside of not drinking / smoking and drinking litres of water a day is that other then being generally overweight, I'm "perfectly healthy"

That being said, I've dropped 10kg in the last few months. On my way to finally forfilling a promise I made when Violet was born two years ago

19. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

Good work, hope you get your target weight and stay there.

Of course you could be Jack Spratt and still have cholesterol issues, because your own body makes it and some bodies overproduce regardless of diet or health.

20. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

How do you know that, from a blood test?

Sheesh, I do that but I hear it's good to get in an afternoon nap, I feel so much better for the evenings. I also go to the gym which can leave you tired but I was sleeping in quite a bit a few months back - I thought I was going through a bout of mild depression - my mood wasn't the best either, I was easily getting upset/worried about things.

Yeah I knew someone that went blind from it as well as losing some toes, from poor circulation?

What happens in an attack?

s