This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

LORD song or Dungeon song on the 4th May??

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

You'll see on May 4. ;)

3. Nitephyre

Nitephyre LORDwhore™/Andy's ManSWOS

It'll be a Culture Club song :D

4. Acey Jendell

Acey Jendell Jonesey

that'd actually be pretty sick.

LT, do some Culture Club covers ;)

5. Lord Tim

HA! Actually that would probably be cool! :)

But no, it was Battle Of Venarium as the new song.

We have a couple of neato covers in the works, though. Stuff that would surprise a few people, I'd wager. ;)

6. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

Everything pisses me off right now.

Had my move pushed back by another couple of weeks, so delaying starting my masters. Am in constant pain due to the damage that they did to my nerves 3 years ago during my reconstruction surgery. Am constantly being fucked around by various people -including those who ran away from this house owning lots of money that my housemate and I have to pay back. And have centrelink hounding me to go t job network appointments despite being a full time post-grad student and not being required to look for work by them.

things slowly getting settled but the slightest thing makes me lose my temper. Which is never solid at the best of times. :p

7. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

For every band that found success like that, there were probably dozens of others just as deserving who simply never got picked up by the recording industry machine. It seems a lot more balanced now. There's more bands quietly achieving on a worldwide scale before most of the locals have even heard of them.

Though when it comes to NZ stuff, Beastwars is one new metal band that did get noticed by the industry.

8. Shadow298

My 5th house move in two years is pissing me off. Going from Hobart back to Canberra & then will have a 6th move to Sydney so I can do my PhD at Macquarie uni.
    Am glad to get to do further study but hate having to arrange leaving Tassie, which is always too expensive & drags on.

9. Lord Tim

Epic bump! A worthy post to resurrect the thread!

10. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

We must be calm these days!

How come you have to go via Canberra?

11. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

He's been in the south too long. Has to get an Australian passport- lol.

12. Shadow298

Because am house sitting my dad's property as he gets ready to sell it, plus half my furniture is there & the rest is on the NSW south coast, so need to get it sorted before I look for a place in Sydney.

Plus have to sure up applications for uni in Sydney first, so don't want to rush off & then get denied last minute.

13. Winmar

People don't seem to want to queue to get on a train these days. I'll stand back to allow others to get off before I board and fuckwits will walk past me to get on. What's with that?

14. Nitephyre

People are Cunts™

:)

15. Winmar

Yeah there is that!

16. cowboy

cowboy Member

Bands that rip people off piss me off! :(

Pre-ordered a special edition pack from the Melbourne band BANE OF WINTERSTORM last year at the end of August.

A few updates were posted on the band's facebook over the following months, then FINALLY an update at the end of february stating that the packs had arrived and would be sent out.

After a few weeks people started asking "where's mine?" to which the reply on 24th of March by 'the band' was:

"I spent $220AUD to send off ten of these. Unfortunately Harley don't pay me enough to be able to send out mode than 10 a week. These bundles cost me $3000 plus the $1600 to record them. Unless you want to ride your push bike here and pick them up instead of waiting you're welcome to claim a refund with PayPal. "

Yeah fine - BUT I paid $55 for my pack, plus $10 "handling". So, maybe think about how much these things are gonna cost before putting a price on them???

And there hasn't been a single update from the band since the above snarky comment, with lots of people wanting updates.

Poor form. I'm not as bitter as some about it all. I'd be happy to pay more to cover postage just so I can get what I ordered!!! But its unfortunately left a really bad taste in my mouth, for a band that I am/was a big fan of.

17. Winmar

That's a really weird way of going about things. Did they not pay for the bundles up front and have however many sitting there ready to be posted? The $10 handling should have been more than enough. What a way to needlessly piss of fans.

18. cowboy

cowboy Member

Yeah very weird - and it wasn't a Kickstarter or a Pledge or one of those things - it was a pre-order from the website kind of deal.

If it was a kickstarter I'd be a little more lenient.

Just an odd situation all round.

Someone posted in response to my post on the BoW Facebook that they received their bundle the other day after ordering it September last year so there is still hope for me...

... but yeah I'm not a fan of the way the guy has gone about this....

19. Lord Tim

Poor form. You treat your customers/fans with The Most Respect, that's the #1 rule. We actually lose money sometimes trying to give you guys the best deal, if we've misjudged how much something would cost or the demand for it. It was OUR fuck up, not yours, and we should wear it, end of story. Any band who shifts the blame onto their most important resource is not gonna stay in business for very long.

cowboy likes this.
  20. Nitephyre

Yeah Tim, the way you guys handle the business end is top notch I reckon. I've never had an issue in the 13-odd years I've been buying stuff from you.