This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Theocracy - Ghost Ship

Discussion in 'Power Quest' started by Symphony, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

It's not often these days that I get totally blown away by an album but Ghost Ship has certainly done that. What an incredible collection of songs.

I'm off for another fix

Aish! likes this.
  2. Aish!

Aish! -Аиш!

I've been a huge fan of Theocracy for years, but Ghost Ship has taken them to a new level!

3. Thematt202

Thematt202 Member

Heard mixed reports about this one but I loved their last two albums. Will check out soon!

Aish! likes this.
  4. Power_Metal_Dom

Power_Metal_Dom Epic Metaller

My biggest guilty admission is that I haven't given Theocracy any time. I know they're highly regarded but I'm uncomfortable with the Christian metal premise...I'd hate to be preached to even if the music itself is really enjoyable. I should probably get over it & just enjoy the tunes, it just feels more wrong to me to have a religious agenda, I'd feel like I was having propaganda pushed on me.

Am I alone in this?

5. Aish!

Aish! -Аиш!

Theocracy is the least preachy Christian band out there, and well worth a listen.

6. Sonic Turmoil

Sonic Turmoil Craving Power Metal

You are not alone. Every group sings about what's important or enjoyable to them, and plenty of metal loving Christians miss out on brilliant music because they're scared of bands they think might worship Satan or promote sex, drugs, murder, suicide etc...

Theocracy really is worth checking out, and you don't have to spend any money to do so. Just go to YouTube and have a bit of a listen.

If any mention of God and hope and being nice to people is too scary for you, try some of the Christmas songs like "Rudolf vs Frosty" and "Wynter Fever".

Aish! likes this.
  7. Power_Metal_Dom

Power_Metal_Dom Epic Metaller

If they're not preachy and ramming it down your throat then I'll give them a fair second shot and listen through their discog.

I can think of plenty harmful christian values out there so it's really encouraging to hear they're way more impartial than I was aware.

#7 Power_Metal_Dom, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  8. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

There's no preaching going on here guys and, as I am the son of a church minister, I detect that kind of thing quite quickly.

Quite simply I've not enjoyed an album so much for a long time.

Me and Ash were listening to it in the car last weekend and once it had finished we were deciding what to put on next. New Hammerfall? New Vicious Rumors? Nope....we listened to Ghost Ship again

Sonic Turmoil likes this.