This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Thermionik Amp Modeler Plugin by Kazrog LLC

Discussion in 'Backline' started by superfreak, Jan 22, 2014.

1. TimTomTum

TimTomTum Member

a la carte. Let me have the amps I need and want.

2. DocSauerkraut

DocSauerkraut Member

A la carte but with demo versions that allow you to really test the individual amps/cabs.

3. Kazrog

Kazrog CEO/CTO, Kazrog, Inc.

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll be taking this all into consideration. Pricing will be reasonable and every amp model will be high quality.

4. Robert W

Robert W Member

I'd prefer to buy as you go.

5. aortizjr

aortizjr Member

Big +1 to this if you decide to go ala-carte. But it does all come down to price. I think Recabinet was very aggressively priced (as in low priced) for what you got and all the upgrades and everything like that.

So following that model, I think all in one would be better.

Otherwise, ala-carte is really nice with a good demo system is really nice so you can put it through it's paces and pick what you really use. The Zoom MS-100BT has a cool one with 15 minutes and you can demo over and over. UAD is good too, demo of a plug is good for a month per year and resets any time you buy a new plug. I have Amplitube but never really used the demos because I bought the Metal pack and Ampeg ones before they went ala-carte. These days I rarely use it.

6. LeSedna

LeSedna Mat or Mateo

Have the main plugin with Marshall, 5150, boogie etc from réal amples

Then add a la carte extensions themed like "cllassic rock", "classic métal", "solo", "extrême metal", "clean", "bass", "rare amps" etc

7. Studdy

Studdy Member

I know this is a metal forum, but i'd like to see some "common" rock/grunge/pop amps included in the initial release.

8. akarawd

akarawd Member

Quite frankly I'd be happy with a handful of amps as long as they sound real - as good as kemper or better in terms of realism. And if they have been created after amps with great settings/cab/mic position that sound good enough to tailor a mix around them with just a minimal amount of eq, then we'll have hit the jackpot.

9. MadnessConcept

MadnessConcept New Metal Member

The ideal for me would be a choice of 3-4 amps as an initial set and more as add-ons. Really looking forward to the release!

10. Robert W

Robert W Member

Marshalls, Mesas, and Peaveys have been done to death sim-wise. I wouldn't be interested in these at all. As a consumer I'd much prefer sims of Sunns, Orange, Laney, or Fortins.

11. phisk

phisk Member

Bogner Uberschall :)

12. nezvers

nezvers Beast

I agree that good rock and even jazz amps would be killer. But that's falling Kazrog wanting to earn some money. Respect, dude, for having knowledge in making sims.

13. mikah912

mikah912 Member

THIS. No more Boogie, JCM 800 or 5150 (unless it's the 5153).

I want a Friedman Hairy Brown Eye or Fryette Pitbull or Framus Dragon or Randall Satan/Thrasher or Egnater Armageddon. Tired of the same ole'.

14. Kazrog

There will be a mixture of well known and more obscure amps.

15. Erik Monsonis

Erik Monsonis Member

Nice!

I will buy it anyways, but I'd love to have a dozen GREAT sounds rather than hundreds of loose flubby simulations like all we've seen so far from every company. The only ones I've been able to effectively use in productions are the free ones, and they all sound the same, basically.
    Now I'm using X50v2 since I beta tested it and I can definitely tell that it's the best ampsim I've ever had, which makes me think that the technology is out there today, unlike a few years ago.

I'd love the a la carte option. Not really into huge packages of stuff that I won't ever use.

Cheers!

16. Tokyurot

Tokyurot Mental Errorist

For new ampsims I'd be most interested in Framus Cobra & 5153, but I'm interested in the evolution of cab emulation a lot more
    since there's still so much progress to be made (and money for the first one to come up with something that wipes the competition).
    Ampsims today are already pretty convincing imo. Maybe Fabrice will be the one, who knows.

As for the idea of Thermionik, I'd prefer few ampsims (3-5) with the plugin & a possibility to demo/purchase future addons
    instead of 20 ampsims at once. Same problem with IRs, there are so many, when you only need a few great ones.

17. zentatonic

zentatonic New Metal Member

This. I bought a few cab sim collections, and wind up going back to the defaults in S-Gear, etc. Can't stand auditioning 50 different combos just because I can. o_O

18. Kazrog

The idea that's been kicking around in my head for a while now is 4 amps included, with additional amps able to be purchased down the road. This will also help get this out there faster, as I've had some delays lining up various boutique and vintage amps due to peoples' schedules, etc. It will be worth the wait, though.

That means that the focus of the initial release will be high gain (Peavey 5150 II, ENGL Savage 120, Mesa Dual Rec, Framus Cobra, names will be changed to protect the innocent.) I hope you guys don't mind. :lol:

19. Studdy

Studdy Member

Im still on the hunt for a good amp sim that will work for rock / grunge / pop etc. Hi gain models (metal based sounds) are what i have a ton of already.

20. WolerineBlues

WolerineBlues New Metal Member

not trying to hurt you but i think most of the people here don't give a damned fuck of nirvana and soundgarden,so well,if there's another emulation of 5150 it's ok...