This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TNT's new album Atlantis

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by VenomGA, Dec 1, 2008.

1. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

Has anyone heard this yet? It was released supposedly September 22nd. After The New Territory not being that good I am a little gun shy on this release, so I would appreciate any feedback you fine people have on it. THanks!:)

2. PM1metal1

PM1metal1 Member

It is completely and totally unlistenable. And I'm a TNT fan for the most part. The songs they've done with Mills sound like a juvenile upstart band that doesn't understand shit about putting together a four minute tune. Horrible.

3. Metaldrumz

Metaldrumz Member

More shit from TNT. What a waste having Tony Mills.

4. Stingray11214

Stingray11214 OSA Triumvir

TNT has not done shit in years. Not since Macaluso was there, anyhow

5. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

MelodicRock.com also gave it a terrible review earlier this year.

~Brian~

6. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

and this is why I asked this crowd for an opinion. Melodicrock.com gave it a crappy review but other online reviews were glowing over this album saying it was a huge improvement over the first album with Mills. I tend to agree with Melodic Rocks reviews more so I thought I would see what the general consensus here was. I see you guys agree with them.

7. edgeofthorns

I feel like they review things fairly as well. The site owner really digs the melodic power metal stuff too. He's been pretty much spot on in his reviews regarding these types of bands. I want him to review some Circle II Circle, but he never has. I'm not sure if he's not been provided with the promos or what?

~Brian~

8. DADRocks

DADRocks Member

I'm skipping based on the MelodicRock.com site review. I usually agree with his hard rock reviews. I think he gives too high of reviews to the AOR type music but that's not really what I lean towards. The last TNT was so bad that I don't want to be burned like that again. New Starbreaker thow is definately worth the purchase.

9. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

Only thing I can think of is Circle II Circle is not melodic enough :lol:

10. edgeofthorns

Well, if they think CIIC isn't melodic enough then they need to get hearing aids! :lol:

~Brian~

11. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

I can;t think of any other reason why else that site would not check them out. :loco:

12. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

I'm a big TNT fan, from Knights of the New Thunder on. I actually liked The New Territory quite a bit and I have Atlantis on order now, so I'm anxious to give it a listen. The new stuff is a bit different than the first few releases, but then again, so were Firefly and Transistor. I don't know....I guess I have an open mind when it comes to TNT!
    BTW- I thought the new Starbreaker was ok, but not nearly as good as the first. For some reason, the songs just didn't grab me the way the first cd did. Still, it's quality stuff!

13. DADRocks

DADRocks Member

I'm with you on Transistor and Firefly, I like those a lot (except a couple on Firefly). The New Territory just never grabbed me. It sounded like they wrote all the songs in an afternoon. I'm also with you on the new Starbreaker, I like the first better but the more I listen to the new one, the more I like it.

14. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

I finally got a copy of Atlantis...... I like it! I've learned NOT to expect Tell No Tales with this band anymore.....instead, I look at TNT as a band who are just having fun experimenting with simple, sometimes goofy, poppy rock tunes. When I listen to their last two cds, I hear a lot of Queen and the Beatles. It's the same feeling I get when I listen to a new Paul Gilbert cd (with vocals) or Cheap Trick....fun tunes with a rock edge. ( I know..I know....I'll probably be the only one who digs this cd!)