This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TonePort UX8 extreme hum on outputs for re-amping.

Discussion in 'Backline' started by hkollner, Apr 8, 2015.

1. hkollner

hkollner Member

Hi Guys,

I have posted on the Line 6 forum as well. Maybe someone here has experienced this before.

I tried to re-amp using a real amp and my tone port UX8 with no success. All outputs from 3 to 8 (1 and 2 is for my monitors) produces extreme hum or "SHHHHHHHHHHHH" sound when plugging it into my Real guitar amp. I do not even have to send a signal through the output to produce this noise. As soon as the jack is connected the extreme "SHHHHH" starts.

I have tried isolating the problem and found it must be the TonePort itself.

I done the following tests:

1) To eliminate the cable I plugged my guitar into the cable that goes to the amp - NO NOISE.
    I immediately unplugged my guitar and plugged it into the TonePort - NOISE

2) I have switched off everything else e.g. Computer, Monitors. Only my tone TonePort was on. SAME NOISE.

Does anyone have ANY other suggestions? I am at the point of getting rid of the TonePort.
    Another user experienced the exact same problem in this thread:
    http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/91525/

Thanks in Advance.

2. xTomx

xTomx Member

TonePort is a turd but you realise you need a Reamping box of some sort? You can't just send line level outputs into an instrument input and expect good results...

3. hkollner

hkollner Member

I realise that :)

But for now I have to live with it.
    I know that I need a re-amp box but it's pointless getting one if I can't re-amp in the first place.

I am almost 100% sure that even with a re-amp box the extreme hum or hiss will still be there. Or would the re-amp box take it away?

Thanks,