This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trey = god

Discussion in 'Morbid Angel' started by loebs, Aug 1, 2003.

1. loebs

loebs Member

As a guitar player adn still learner i still find Trey as one of my biggest influences-idol and i dont even write metal,, people like him, jimi page, and mickael alkerfeldt are on my high list,,, do some u muscicians feel this way as well about him?

2. a fine day to die

a fine day to die Count Minge of Wallachia

3. Stoner Sioux

Stoner Sioux Death Metal Princess

Trey is fucking amazing to watch live. His riffs are beautiful and intense and very unique.

4. bodomite

bodomite Your Executioner

Trey is great but Alexi Laiho is god! :lol:

5. Sóti

Sóti Surrealist

Bathory rules!

6. Neurotic

Neurotic New Millenium Christ

trey is the death metal guitar god for sure!!

7. Morbid Angel

Morbid Angel New Metal Member

Yesturday I read one of my friends old metal edge magazines back when Gateways was new and in an interview Trey said that MA are not a technical band. He was never given lessons, he doesn't know what key he is playing in or anything, but the style that he came up with he calls it lava. I still think that he is good.

8. Neurotic

Neurotic New Millenium Christ

yeh Ma isn't the most technical stuff, but trey's style is unique, that's what makes him so great imo.

9. Oceanic Motion

His soloing is his main strength. Just listening to Secured Limitation's gives me the willies. Once i get round to learning how to play my guitar i'm sure i'll rip off Trey for everything he's worth.

10. union9

union9 He Who Can Not Be Named

He is indeed one of my major influences. He has no equal. NO ONE sounds like he does. If they do, they copied him.

11. Sado God

Sado God Member

I'm into his "lava" lead playing. I think guitar leads are supposed to have that odd feeling and be in the same dimension with the music but with no boundaries like scales etc...

12. kremator78

kremator78 Member

Oh yeah man for sure! I wouldnt call him god or anything but definatley a brilliant guitarist. I play guitar too and have just finished mastering the art of plam mute tremoloing so now i want to master the art of tap solos like Trey. I listen to Treys Lava stuff and i am extremly impressed with how clean he plays the tap, he dont use a pick i always see him using his finger. Like if any of you have heard the song Sworn to Black listen to the amazing tap solo in that song, and if you still think its studio effects listen to the entangled in chaos album when Trey does the solo LIVE AND PERFECTLY! Thats talent man. Drugs or no drugs Trey's solos are something to remember forever.