This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Turn your eyes (and ears) north...

Discussion in 'Woods of Ypres' started by Miltbrand, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Miltbrand

Miltbrand Member

To Iceland.

I'm sure we all know Solstafir and Skalmöld already. But this island nation of only 300,000 people are turning out a shitload of awesome bands.
    I recently got 2 cd's with Dynfari, and I have 4 Árstidir Lifsins cd's on the way in the mail. I also have to mention Audn, Mistyrming, and Angist among others.

A couple of tasters :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtK3GA7dW6k

https://youtu.be/xm4QdG9oJiM

2. DarriOakenhawk44

DarriOakenhawk44 WoY Supporter

Miltbrand! Good to hear from you man! I hardly ever post on here anymore but I still look around and check in with your ever growing music collection hahaha!
    As for Iceland... Yeah great music brewing for sure I will share a few others... Carpe Noctem, Dysthymia, Fortíð, and Kontinuum are all awesome as well.

3. Miltbrand

Miltbrand Member

Hey man! My collecting has certainly slowed down quite a bit after I bought my house! :)

To me, Iceland has certainly become one of the the places I look to the most, for new music.

4. matt schrauben

matt schrauben Curse You All Men!

Hey everyone! Every now and then I like to come back and see how this place is doing.

I'll check this stuff out, Miltbrand. Thanks for the recs. Iceland does seem like a logical place for good metal to sprout. The atmosphere seems perfect.