This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

UNDERWORLD discussion thread

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by EyeballKid, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Detective Beauregard

Detective Beauregard Hammer of Serious Anger

I don't understand it, either. To me, a song like Divine Wings or The Odyssey would be mature, whereas Without You or The End of Innocence, while not being "immature" per se, would be less developed. Songs that draw from multiple genres of music and weave complex rhythms into the work seem more mature to me than a straightforward song designed to draw the attention of the masses.

The whole thing has never made sense to me.

2. anonym115

anonym115 Member

I think people actually think Michael Romeo and friends have become less skilled technically, compositionally, and stylistically in their attempt to draw more fans in. I would wager alot of money that the precise opposite is true. I bet Romeo is capable of better things than he has ever been in the past, as well as the rest of the guys. Hopefully on their new album (which should be called, X: The Bird and the Serpent, lol), they will do a sick job of mixing the two worlds of appeal and virtuosity.