This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

UPDATE: Merrylands gig cancelled, Wollongong gig moved!

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Hey guys, we have some pretty bad news for everyone who was planning to see us this Friday in Merrylands: the gig has been cancelled. :(

If you've kept an eye on the news and weather lately, you would have seen that we've had the wettest start to summer in over 70 years, and this wet weather is set to continue well into next week.

The Hyland Road Youth Centre show was being held outdoors, and no alternatives could be arranged at such short notice, so the Youth Council and LORD were forced to cancel the show (both for safety reasons with power, etc. and frankly it would be crap for everyone to stand out in the rain watching bands all night).

We're absolutely devastated about having to make this decision as this was one gig we were really looking forward to as we draw close to the end of the Tyrants Return tour. We know we have some very dedicated under age fans in Western Sydney and it's a big let down, but there was really nothing that could be done at this late stage to make the gig work. Sorry, everyone! :(

In other news, the last show of the tour that was being held at The Grand Hotel in Wollongong has also been cancelled due to the venue being shut down. In this case, however, we managed to get it moved at the last minute to The Cabbage Tree Hotel in Fairy Meadow. We'll be supported by Primal Intent and Knightqueste (featuring Matt Bell who filled in for us on guitar for a few months while my hands were recovering).

So there you have it! This tour has been a hard one to arrange with all of the other touring artists coming through the country and now we have venues closing down and mother nature to deal with as well. Sorry to everyone who won't be able to catch us before the tour ends - we'll see you next time for sure, and for everyone coming to the final gig on December 10, let's make it a big one to finish the tour off!

:headbang:

2. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

We certainly have not had the best of luck. Feel really bad for the under age crew :( We'll make it up to you!

3. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

That really sucks for everyone.
    I hope that the last show goes off though, wish I could get up there.
    Good luck with the new venue, we are losing more and more venues every year, it's disheartening. :(

4. Over the wall

Over the wall Member

LORD show announced at Oxford Tavern => Oxford Closes, LORD show moves to Grand hotel
    LORD show announced at Grand Hotel => Grand Hotel Closes, LORD show moves to Cabbage Tree Inn

Just kidding, hope the final show goes off

5. ImprintedLife

ImprintedLife Arriving Somewhere.....

Feel sorry for the Merrylands folk, especially the underages, that sucks guys. :(

One door closes, another opens.

It's a shame the Grand is not operating, but the Cabbage Tree should be a good venue. I'm helping to get metal acts down there and I am proud that Lord is the first. So Wollongong folk, let's try and get a good turnout so we can have more metal down the Gong. Because, let's face it, it's pretty much one of the last venues left.

6. Doesy

Doesy Fatal If Swallowed

Might be hard given it's rep, I'll still be there though, that's for sure.

7. ImprintedLife

Well, I hope so, I hope Lord will open the doors for it all so to speak. The Harp and The Grand (Cooneys) had a similar stigma and they worked out alright.

8. Doesy

Doesy Fatal If Swallowed

Yeah, the main difference was neither of those pubs had a Cat.3 blacklist.

9. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

Cat.3 blacklist? Haha just keeps getting better and better

10. matt2006

matt2006 Member

I did'nt even know what a Cat. 3 Blacklist was until Jake just explained it to me :/

Hope nothing happens on the night.... I'll commence plugging...... NOW

11. ImprintedLife

I think everything will go fine.... Jeez guys, I'm trying to get gigs in Wollongong here. It's a venue, I'm sure it will work out.

12. Doesy

Doesy Fatal If Swallowed

The Patch isn't a bad pub by any means. It's a great venue it just gets a bad wrap. I think a lot of the negative stigma comes from previous management.

In recent times I've seen the place packed out for gigs and with an awesome line up like this I can see that happening on the 10th.

13. Simon92

Simon92 Man Of Folk

The Room is supposed to be really good at the Cabbage Tree pub, so it should be a decent sound, just hope theres a decent turnout!
    Keen as.

14. matt2006

matt2006 Member

I didn't know you were putting this one on Sam- that's awesome!

From what I've been hearing about the venue, even a decent turnout will make it look rather packed, so hopefully we can get a similar amount to last time and make it look full.

And if things go to plan- everyone who comes gets a free KQ demo:headbang:

15. matt2006

matt2006 Member

Are you gunna be at the gig Simon92?

16. ImprintedLife

Yeah, I'm working with Jeb from Music Farmers who books the Cabbage Patch and in the past, he has booked the Oxford, The Grand and The Harp. So he is a good guy to have in my corner.

Apart from the Lord gig (which Andy did all the work, I just helped find the alternate venue), I have one with Anno Domini & a few locals and a few more interesting lineups down the pipeline.

Let's get this as a decent venue for metal and the likes down here, hey? :)

17. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

Aww bummer. There goes my last chance to see you guys before I go away :(

I can't make the gong gig as I have other commitments. Oh well, Can't be helped I guess :)

18. ImprintedLife

Thank you to everyone who showed up last night, we got a pretty decent attendance and the bands played excellent despite some technical problems from the PA etc which I was not too happy about. Those will be worked on for future gigs.

But seeing as this was the first metal gig at the venue that I had some say in running, I was pretty happy overall.

I think with time, we can make this somewhat of a decent venue for metal and otherwise.