This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Upgrading from POD HD 500?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by mirflee, Feb 23, 2013.

1. mirflee

mirflee SSL Studios

I was thinking of the POD HD Pro, I know it doesn't match up to the godly Axe-Fx II but it's really affordable. I'm looking for a rack setup, priority would be my studio work before shows but it works both ways I feel. I've got a couple of questions though. Would it work good for recording bass? I know it's perfect for guitar. I'm also thinking of using impulses with their amp sims, can I do that?

Lastly, do you think it's a good upgrade? Would love to hear your thoughts on it!

Thanks for reading.

2. storming heaven

I don't know much about POD HD Pro, but I don't think that you can use external impulses with it.

3. phisk

phisk Member

You own a pod 500 HD? If so: The Pod Pro HD is the same in rack mounted case.

4. spiderjazz

spiderjazz Member

Axe Fx Standard/Ultra would be a good upgrade to the Pod, might not be the newest one out there but you can get great results from it. You can use your own impulses with it, and there's a great ampeg model for bass in it.

5. Nuno Filipe

Nuno Filipe You talkin' to me?

Take a look at Digitech GSP 1101

6. Pursuance

Pursuance AKA Kylezan

I recently purchased a pod hd pro which is the same exact thing as the 500 but is in rack form. I highly recommend it especially considering it's price range. You can also bypass the cabs and use your own IR's while mixing in your DAW so that is also a plus.

Go for it, if you can mix decently you can definitely squeeze some great tones out of it. I'd say get the pod now and later down the road when you are more comfortable with your mixes upgrade to an axefx.

Oh and yes the pod can get some pretty good bass tones, especially if you use your own IRs.