This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

US 2008 Paradise Lost Tour

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Detective Clarence Beauregard, Apr 3, 2008.

1. DoomsdayZach

DoomsdayZach The Professor was right

No TtLG? Glad i didn't spend the 30 bucks last night. Wish i had seen the show, but I think i woud have been too crushed at them not playing it :lol:

2. Jax

Jax Forum Goddess

I actually have no idea..I've never been to Slim's. :lol:

3. Jax

Jax Forum Goddess

Ahh I meant the soundchecks as a whole (all 3 bands)..and yes, Cleveland was really worse.

4. Seaoflies07

Seaoflies07 Member

Slims is just awesome its my favorite venue ive ever been to, i cant wait to see SX tomorrow!

5. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

That really does boggle my mind. I've never seen sound problems so ludicrous as with Into Eternity in Mokena. Huh. My condolences for the guys.

6. FireMarshal

FireMarshal Member

April 17, 2008
    Portland, OR

It was really good show, though I felt it was interrupted a many times by moshers, and three girls who kept getting on stage and forcing their way through the crowd :mad:

The sound was decent, though for all three bands I felt the vocals were not turned up enough.

Revelation/Divine Wings was definitely the highlight. The girls pretty much ruined Through the Looking Glass, as good as it was. blah. Masquerade was freaking awesome live!

It's a shame that Simone Simmons was not there for Epica, I didn't know she was out for the tour :cry:

anyway:

Courtesy of my cousin's camera:
    [​IMG]

7. maidenpriest

maidenpriest Member

im like praying for Looking Glass in Phoenix. knowing my luck ill get Egypt (no offense its an amazing song but has nothing on TTLG). Lets hope they play Ashes too. that would be awesome to hear. aww... they put sea of lies back in the set. :cry: i totally want to hear Walls of Babylon again. was a definite highlight of the 2007 show.

8. FireMarshal

FireMarshal Member

holy smokes.....I just realized that they played Walls of Babylon at the Portland show, but it wasn't on the setlist. I think it was before Revelation. Who can confirm? I was rather annoyed with some of the people there, and lost track of the songs that were getting played :mad:

9. Metalman7983

Metalman7983 Member

you know what is weird in SF last night it was that set-list but they had the other set-list shown with egypt and babylon but they did the one with TTLG

10. The Emptier

The Emptier t3h b3aSt0rZ

PORTLAND SHOW!

[​IMG]

feel free to SUCK MAH BALLZ. '

so symphony x is my favorite band. and it started at 9 (on thurs) and i got there at fuckin 4. i was eating at this mexican place right next door to the venue and i could see the buses and shit hoping to see any members. i saw michael come out. and i was like shit!!!! i ran out, and i was like "michael! you got a sec?" and i asked him about his old esp mIIs, apprently he got them in japan. then we talked about his caparison. then we moved onto engl. he uses the fireball and the powerball live now. he said fuck the vetta :rollin
    he was so easy to talk to. greatest moment of my life haha. he said he had to call his family so i went to go wait out in front by the doors.

so i wait for a million hours and talk to some peeps, then my friends nicky (guy) and natalie(girl) came. and we went in. i was first in, got an odyssey shirt and got right in front in the left where i knew michael would be.

into eternity was awesome. epica was lame.

so symphony x came on...

set list:

set the world on fire
    domination
    serpents kiss
    masquerade
    paradis lost
    looking glass
    inferno
    smoke and mirrors
    IT SAID SEA OF LIES BUT THEY FUCKING SKIPPED IT
    Revation/divine wings of tragedy (only like 3 minutes of DWOT :( )

the "encore" (which was on the set list)

eve of seduction
    of sins and shadows

fucking amazing playing. i got tons of vids of him doing all the solos. i fucking scored one of his picks and the set list. there were these three girls that went up and were like all humpin on russell and they were really annoying they were up there so long. i looked to michael and i shrugged and said "what the fuck?" and he stopped playing and started laughing and he was like "yeah what the fuck is he doing?". there was a lot of interaction between him and i (sounds gay but...)

afterwards i waited and i met the bassist, mike lepond. he was really tight and he was telling me about how he played with ross the boss from manowar, who was one of his idols. he signed my odyssey cd book thing. then michael came out again, i was honestly the only one actually TALKING to him. i asked him about his pedalboard, which i thought was custom but it turns out its a TC G-system. which was fuckin awesome. but its so expensive :rollin he said he liked the g-major but he wanted that in pedal form so he got the g-system. i told him how much i learned from his the guitar chapter and he said he wants to do another instructional vid. he said he was getting cold and he signed my odyssey thing and that was that :)

best night of my life.

11. GameFreac

GameFreac The Derminator

awesome

how much were the odyssey shirts?

12. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

That's a little creepy, not gonna lie. :)

Sounds like a killer time, though.

13. The Emptier

The Emptier t3h b3aSt0rZ

:lol: yeah

the odyssey shirts were 25 smackers

14. Seaoflies07

Seaoflies07 Member

The show in San Francisco(april 18th) destroyed, my friends and i were the second people there and we got some pictures with lepond,romeo and Rullo!I also talked to Russell and asked if he recovered from being sick and he said he had.During Into Eternitys set the guitarist(not the bald one) got the set list stuck on his boot and he looked at me and i tore it off for him hehe also i got a pick from Romeo................anyways here was the set

Oculus ex Inferni
    Set the World On Fire(The Lie of Lies)
    Domination
    Serpents Kiss
    Masquerade
    Paradise Lost
    Through the Looking Glass
    Smoke and Mirrors
    Inferno(Unleash the Fire)
    Sea of Lies
    Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Tragoedia)/Divine Wings
    -----------------------
    Eve of Seduction
    Of Sins and Shadows

the highlights of the night for me were Masquerade,Ttlg,Revelation and Eve of Seduction

15. es156

es156 Member

What happened to Walls Of Babylon?? :mad:

16. Lucius Octavion

Excuse me but what the heck do you mean when you say Mike LePond is "tight"?

17. maidenpriest

maidenpriest Member

i have to agree with this statement. i much rather hear Babylon than Sea of Lies

18. Jax

Jax Forum Goddess

They're rotating their setlist. Some nights they play it, and some nights they don't.

19. Metalman7983

Metalman7983 Member

jax maybe you can tell me I got the set-list in SF but it had babylon and egypt on there but then they played the other set-list?

I was right in front of lepond the whole time I think I saw you but I'm not sure where were you?

20. The Emptier

The Emptier t3h b3aSt0rZ

they played babylon instead of sea of lies at the portland show. for me as a huge guitarist i'd rather see sea of lies, but no worries. but 7/10 songs they played from PL...c'mon a little overkill