This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

US 2008 Paradise Lost Tour

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Detective Clarence Beauregard, Apr 3, 2008.

1. y2j850

y2j850 New Metal Member

I was at the Houston concert, as far as the setlist,I think it was in this order :
    Oculas ex inferno
    Set the world on fire
    Domination
    Serpents Kiss
    Masquerade
    Paradise Lost
    Inferno
    Sea of Lies
    Walls of Babylon
    Smoke and Mirrors
    Revelations/Divine wings of tragedy(last bit)
    Bonus:
    Eve and Seduction
    Sins and Shadows
    NO Egypt or Through the Looking Glass
    I was hoping for at least one song from V (Communion and the Oracle, and Rediscovery are two of my favorite songs off any of their albums)

It was my first time seeing Symphony X in concert. First I will say the Sound for symphony X was very bad. I'm not a technician but from what I could tell it seemed is the Bass overpowered everything ...and had horrible echo. So it was hard to hear the singing and the guitars unless the bass was not going. Also the keyboards were very hard to hear at all. They skipped the cool intro for masquerade( my favorite parts of the song). What makes it worse is the fact the bands before, Epica and Into Eternity actually had WAY better sounds then Symphony X. I could hear every guitar riff and scream clearly from them. It didn't effect me to much as I knew every word to every song, and all the instrumental parts, but knowing it could have been so much better made me slightly disappointed. And for my friends who came with me and never really listened to symphony X before, they told me they really couldn't say if they liked them or not because they really couldn't get a feel for what they actually sounded like.

Has anyone else on this tour experienced this? Were you all able to clearly hear the Guitar solos, vocals, and keyboards? I was hoping they would do something to turn down the bass volume or something during the show instead of just ignoring it.

Overall it was very awesome to finally see one of my favorite bands live, and I will eagerly await their return to Houston this time hopefully without the Sound Issues.

2. Sabin17

Sabin17 Member

Geez. I bought tickets to the Houston show but something came up a week beforehand so I missed it :cry:. Anywho, it really doesn't seem like I missed much from when they came by in August, both on the sound issue side and setlist. The only new songs to hear seem to be Masquerade and Revelation. I was crossing my fingers that you wouldn't come out and say "Yes they played TTLG!" which would've made me :erk: but now I'm no longer depressed.

3. Seaoflies07

Seaoflies07 Member

The Sound in San Francisco was amazing except the Keyboard was pretty low in the mix

4. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

Yeah, the sound at Mokena was primarily bass...however, we were standing in front of Lepond, and the Pearl Room's sound guys were having a very "off" night (that's me being nice). But I could finally hear the keyboard at a SX show, so I was happy. It was an interesting sound mix. The bass and drum groove-SX.

Sad to hear that they've been playing TTLG and even Egypt less and less. Are they shortening the set?

5. tinchman

tinchman Carpe Diem

The sound at the Cleveland show was awsome. Way better then last year at same venue. The guitar was the only thing that could have been a little louder. A friend of mine from work came with us and he is about 48 years old and he said it was the best sounding concert he had ever been too. Ditto on the bass. The overall sound was not as loud as last time, but it was way better in the balance department. My ears barely rang afterward.

6. Burke

Burke Member

I am pumped - Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow night!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

7. GameFreac

GameFreac The Derminator

Cool....my hometown

Have fun :headbang:

8. naboo

naboo Just Ask The Axis

That's really too bad about the sound man. It's gotta be the venue though, because they sounded crystal clear at the Boston show. Probably the best sounding concert I've been to. Hearing Mike solo live (with great sound) is just surreal.

9. nckissfan

nckissfan Civil War reenactor

this may have been discussed already, if it has, I am sorry

how much are the tshirts going for at the shows? Any long sleeves? Anything else they are selling??

thanks in advance!:kickass:

10. WhoFooldU

WhoFooldU Fool for a Lifetime

I think they are out with the following shirts...but I could be wrong:
    Odyssey tee
    V tee
    Paradise Lost Cover Tee
    Oculus Tee
    Angel and Logo Tee
    Logo baseball shirt
    perhaps there are still longsleeve tribal logo shirts
    may still be Paradise Lost zippered hoodies
    and a couple of girlie tees.

Have seen prices of $25 mentioned earlier in the thread for Odyssey tees.

Hope this helps. Oh and if you see something on either one of the SymX merch pages, let me know. I can always bring it down with me to the show in Charlotte.

Glenn

11. The Emptier

The Emptier t3h b3aSt0rZ

sound in oregon ruled. i was obviously in front of michael and i could hear every note he was playing. and the overall mix was great. a little low on keys but...

12. Burke

Burke Member

dragging ass at work on 5 hours sleep but the show last ngiht in Lauderdale ruled

As far as I could tell the mix was pretty cool???

The guys tore it UP and it was beautiful to see the place full of SYMPH X fans - after two misses in south florida (BG tour back for Odessey and the rain out from Gigantour), it was great to have them in our own neighborhood. And being the headliner.

I tried taking some pics (I was up in the balcony) and they came out 'meehh' but I will try and post some

Russell made a comment near the end of their set about a bartender asking them 'So I guess there aren't going to be any YOUNG people here tonight huh? aren't you guys a classic rock band?'

Then starts laughing, looks over at Romeo and they proceed to launch into the first part of Immigrant Song by Zepp - it was SO badass!!
    :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

[they only did that first part though]

13. The Essence of Conviction

The Essence of Conviction Evergrey Fanatic

Yeah, I was there too, fucking GREAT show. I haven't stayed for an encore for a LONG time to avoid traffic but that was just an amazing show.

14. IronMuffin666

IronMuffin666 there's an eye in me soup

I was at the Lauderdale show too. Fucking AMAZING, needless to say.

15. Harley D

Harley D Member

New to the board, but a fan of the band for several years now. Saw them on Gigantour in NH a few years back. Power went out and cut their stagetime. Going to see them in ATL tomorrow night! I'll be the Army-looking guy in a Manowar shirt.

Cheers.

Bill

16. HurricaneFelix07

HurricaneFelix07 It's Raining Sideways!

Just saw them at the St.Pete show. Fucking Amazing. Slight disappointed that they didn't play Looking Glass (or Egypt for that matter) but it wasn't really that big of a deal.

The Setlist Was:

Oculus Ex Inferni
    Set The World on Fire
    Domination
    Serpent's Kiss
    Masquerade
    Paradise Lost
    Walls of Babylon
    Inferno
    Smoke and Mirrors
    Sea of Lies
    Revelation/Divine Wings part VII

Encore:
    Eve of Seduction
    Of Sins and Shadows

Best songs of the night had to be Paradise Lost, Walls of Babylon and Revelation/Divine Wings!

17. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

Welcome Harley_D!

Still sad to see that they have almost permanently shortened their set. :(

18. symphonyXjapan

I was planning some months ago to go to the Atlanta show. For the first time I really thought I was going to be able to make a SyX show. As the date got closer I soon realized that the show was right at the end of my last semester of college. I had waaay too much going on with final tests and papers and will not make it to the show once again. This is the story of my life. Maybe they should just come straight to my little Florida town... :p

19. nckissfan

nckissfan Civil War reenactor

if they still have the tribal longsleeve, I want one of those in XL, if not, I will pick up something else. :headbang: See you in Charlotte!

20. greenaxer

greenaxer Knight of the Templar

The overall sound in Tempe was awesome, except the guitar and keyboards could have been just a bit louder.