This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Varg Vikernes is a fucking idiot

Discussion in 'Bar' started by ~BURNY~, Jul 16, 2013.

1. ~BURNY~

~BURNY~ Member

2. ~BURNY~

~BURNY~ Member

3. drew_drummer

drew_drummer Dancefap

4. Keregioz

Keregioz Kimon Zeliotis

5. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

Not to defend him (I don't know the guy and I wouldn't be shocked if he really was planning something), but I've read a couple articles and it seems really vague so far. His wife bought 4 rifles legally, she's in a shooting club so it wouldn't be completely insane to think she really is buying them for hobby. That's pretty much all they got on him. Yeah, maybe he really is/was planning something, I understand the suspicions, but a lot of people are already reaching conclusions, and there aren't any.

6. ~BURNY~

~BURNY~ Member

IRL, you are absolutely right Dan, but it's the Internet and it's always a pleasure for me to make fun of this dork.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot more to it than just shotguns.

7. updog

updog Member

Apparently the french officials haven't yet released any basis for this 'massacre' claim? I sure know there wasn't any in that article.

8. egan.

egan. daylightdies.com

The most surprising thing to me is that France let a convicted murder immigrate.

9. ratsapprentice

ratsapprentice God can gtfo

10. egan.

egan. daylightdies.com

I'm admittedly ignorant to the inner workings of the EU. By comparison, a paroled murder might not be allowed to move to a different state within the US 4 years after release.

11. blue_fAng

blue_fAng Member

12. LeSedna

LeSedna Mat or Mateo

I agree with you Dan, its not good going Minority Report IRL, but if the guy has arisen the French intelligence service's curiosity for receiving some "interesting" mails from Breivik, being openly racist, declaring the Breivik massacre was not good because it also targeted Norwegians instead of "because it killed people", collecting weapons, all that after leaving prison for killing someone... My guess is it is worth having a chat with the guy and they must have a pretty good reason if they actually "Arrested" him like the article mentions. People are complaining about recidivism, so i don't think it is bad my country's services are interrogating him. I'm already surprised such a guy is allowed to leave his country and come in mine.

13. LeSedna

LeSedna Mat or Mateo

It is not really the EU but the schengen area which allows for free traveling just like there were no borders. I constantly travel between countries from within this space and you don't need any visa, and are never controlled between the countries as the borders are open. Even traveling by plane technically doesn't require a passport even though airlines always check them by principle.

And yes I am actually surprised he was able to move to France.

Edit : the most notable thing about the schengen space vs Europe is that the UK + Ireland are out of it, which means when you cross the channel you have to deal with those damn security checks which treat you like you are a terrorist even if you're the one piloting the damn plane

14. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

Yeah, going from Norway to France is as easy as going to another city in the same region, they just don't check.

15. xTomx

xTomx Member

Even if he's innocent of this, that leaves a dozen other reasons to hope he dies.

16. Skadsson

Skadsson just a nickname

I think it should be mentioned that his wife is a french nationalist (he himself also being an avid racist), and he received one of the manifestos that Anders Behring Breivik sent out. Though he has taken a stance against Breivik and his crimes, albeit because they probably targetted the "wrong people" in his opinion.

If you ask me, no one with a membership in a nationalist organization should be allowed anywhere remotely near firearms. It just seems strange.

17. ~BURNY~

~BURNY~ Member

Apparently they have nothing against him except the rifles legally bought by his wife and his racist rants on the web... Oh well... Too much publicity for this prick already.

18. egan.

egan. daylightdies.com

Sure, same is true state to state in the US but for some paroled criminals they are not allowed to leave the state. I'm not surprised he was able to do it, so much as I'm surprised he was allowed to do it if you get my meaning.

19. He's Dead, Jim

I'm similarly surprised that France let him in though. EU commerce and work visas are one thing, but it's a little nuts that they let a convicted murderer purchase property in their country.

Also, I know Germany has stringent anti-Nazi laws, but it appears France doesn't have anything similar? I would think that if they did, he wouldn't have been allowed in in the first place.

20. ratsapprentice

ratsapprentice God can gtfo

There is nothing they can do if a citizen from one of the Schengen countries wants to reside there.
    EU citizens don't need visas in other EU countries for the most part.

I think you guys are underestimating the shared infrastructure of Northern Europe.