This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

virtual Emotions or relationships

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by I-TEND-TO-DIE, Oct 18, 2016.

1. I-TEND-TO-DIE

I-TEND-TO-DIE leave this world behind

Well I just wanted to know if anyone made experiences in the case of chatting to a person over the internet where you had expected a real friendship. Do you think it's even possible to make real friends over for example Facebook for example? Personally I don't think so because I believe that many people on Fb just trying to avoid real deep discussions. I rarely found people there with which I can really relate to my life problems and talk about certain issues who affect me. Mostly it's just shallow discussions who never match any real sense. And if so do you think that an internet affair can replace something you lack of in real life? I just wanted to hear opinions about it in general positive or negative.

I called the thread "Virtual emotions" because I recently was chatting with someone I really liked first because of her art I was getting interested and I really thought she would like me too...Normally I don't fall into such things easily anymore because most of the time I ignore social networks like Fb anyway.
    But anyhow this girl attracted me very much and I couldn't refuse to start chatting with her because I had in mind I could talk really about things that go beneath the surface and perhaps I could so to say build a relationship..

In fact it was a very weird chat I showed her something I was drawing and she was an expert in that kinda stuff but anyhow I realized that she wasn't really interested in me. So I switched over to tell something very personal (which I don't wanna talk about here...) but she just didn't reply after a few posts and seemed just to loose total interest in me.

I feel a kind of rejection right now I don't know Iam not really sure. I just expected more to have someone I can talk to about personal issues but I totally gave up on it.

2. Elric of Melniboné

Elric of Melniboné The White Wolf

Plenty of people have met on social media and had long-term relationships or friendships.

3. Kruycium

Kruycium RAMEN LORD

I believe that such relationships are possible and speaking from my own experience I met my best friend over a random chatsite.

I-TEND-TO-DIE and CASSETTEISGOD like this.
  4. CASSETTEISGOD

CASSETTEISGOD Active Member

I've made plenty of deep, lasting friendships on social media.

5. I-TEND-TO-DIE

I-TEND-TO-DIE leave this world behind

well I think so too. I recently chatted with someone and he invited me to a festival. And he was a very nice guy in person too and I believe there was some kind of friendship which started. It depends on gender/peoples mentality I guess.

To mention abit more she seems to be kind of an art student or something and I think she has very high expectations of men I really don't know. But I must say Iam very frustrated I thought being in contact with her could be more just saying "hello and ciao". I also wanted to make a drawing for her but I just threw it in the rubbish so emotionally hurt Iam by this beast.

Some women are like a pyramid. You can watch the beautiful outside but you'll never find the entrance to the inside. I think we never can explore our deeper Psyche totally and we'll never know what some people really find attractive about each other. Perhaps it's also often because of material values etc.

6. HadesRagnazrath

HadesRagnazrath IHATEGRUNGE

You just have to be careful with what you say to people who have just meant you, because at that point, they are still heavily focused on creating judgements.