This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vocal workflow?

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by s34nsm411, Oct 18, 2007.

1. s34nsm411

s34nsm411 Member

just curious what other people are doing, whats your guys' workflow when dealing with vocal tracks?

for me its:

however many mono tracks i need to get the whole lead in there (usually like 2 or 3 depending on how much overlapping there is on the lead)

then a track for doubles, sometimes two doubles if i want it panned L and R so the doubles sound wide

then a track or two (somtiems more if need-be) for the harmonies

each track has its own compressor and if needed its own autotune, all the non-lead tracks go into a backing vox group, all the lead vox go into a lead vox group, the backing group outputs to the lead vox group. this is so i can add a touch more of reverb or slightly different eq on only the backing vox

then on the lead vox group i have another compressor and an eq. i used to also put reverb and delay right on the vox track but lately ive been using an fx channel for that and using a send from the lead vox to that fx channel