This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wall of Truth - New song

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by xXxMetalJunkiexXx, Jan 13, 2015.

1. xXxMetalJunkiexXx

I had tons of fun writing this
    Drums: Overheads and Toms are SD2, Snare is also SD2 but blended with some other samples. Kick is 100% replaced(Not SD2).
    Guitars: TSE X50, no eq but HP\LP filters, and some C4 on the low mids.
    Bass: Zombass 3, split into 2 tracks, one clean and compressed, and one distorted.
    https://soundcloud.com/grimriffer/elidor-madar-wall-of-truth

2. Fagulhakc

Fagulhakc Member

Nice riffage. I like the composition. Give us more details about the guitars...quad tracking? Clean guitars only one track?

Lead guitars are hidden in the mix. Maybe some equalization would be nice to make them to sit better in the mix, specially if it is an instrumental a song (I dunno if you have the intention to record some vocals)

3. xXxMetalJunkiexXx

Thanks! :D The guitars are double tracked, clean guitars are also double tracked and sent to delay for more depth. I thought about chaning the lead tone actually. There are vocals recorded, I may upload the song with vocals later.
    What do you think about the drums?

4. Fagulhakc

Fagulhakc Member

Nice. The drums are very good too. Specially the kick. The kick sounds awesome to me..how did you replace it?

5. xXxMetalJunkiexXx

Tried the EZDrummer 2 Metal Kick just for fun, and it worked out quite nicely so I left it.