This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Want to buy a bass amp!

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Heabow, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Heabow

Heabow More cowbell!

Heyyy

I'm a bit tired to go with DIs and sansamp only. I'd like to record bass through a real amp even if sometimes I have to use IRs. My budget for this is around 500€. What I'd like to get is a round and dirty bass tone — think about the Black Album bass tone ;) Would I find something really cool in this idea for this price? I mean an amp that would be very beneficial and not just one more piece of gear in my room.

What do you think about the SVT 450H by Ampeg?

EDIT - Was thinking about the TC Electronic RH450 too. Looks like a pretty good deal for a bit more than my current budget.

2. crillemannen

crillemannen Member

Well the positive side of things, using an amp to bass is that you get a more finished tone from the start, the whole track and commit thingy. But... I'd rather buy say a B7K pedal and a HW compressor for the bass. But if you still want one i would use a guitarhead with an bass cab. Save you some money and with the right guitaramp it will sound crazy good.

3. Heabow

Heabow More cowbell!

Thanks! I do have several guitar amps and my Savage is quite good for bass tones but I'd like to get a good bass tone without distortion from the start. Indeed, the B7K is great, I have a good bunch of KPA profiles tho.

4. wishtheend

wishtheend clip the apex

I got an SVT-CL, and honestly, I feel like I get a better tone with the DI out of my B7K into a 8x10 impulse. If you really want a bass amp, save some extra cash cause Darkglass is coming out with a 700-watt amp head this year that basically as the VTD/B7K built in and footswitchable (can disable dirt but keep EQ on clean). That's next on my list.

5. crillemannen

crillemannen Member

Yeah honestly 99% of all bass heads are so boring sounding. Sounds just like adding a clean sansamp signal to a DI. Im totally with you using a pedal on the way in and use impulses etc.

To OP: You said you had a Kemper? Then i wouldn't feel any need to adding a whole bass rig to my studio.

wishtheend likes this.
  6. Heabow

Heabow More cowbell!

Yeah that was my idea but I did not find any very good bass profile so far. I always end to record the DI and put a sansamp and/or a disto gtr profile on the track.

But your comments make me think about a pedal instead.