This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

We need a drummer...

Discussion in 'Suspyre' started by GreggSuspyre, May 12, 2007.

1. GreggSuspyre

GreggSuspyre Member

We're now officially looking for a drummer.

We need someone that can nail the speed and precision of metal, but also possesses the grace and finesse of a jazz/fusion drummer.

Drummers we like:
    • Dave Weckl
    • Virgil Donati
    • Martin Lopez
    • Mike Portnoy
    • Marco Minneman
    • Morgan Argen
    • Aquiles Priester
    • Steve Smith

Other important details:
    • We're located in central New Jersey.
    • Our ages are between 19 and 25.
    • We have our own studio.
    • A third album is currently being written.

If you're interested in the job, let us know by contacting us via Myspace or our website (our e-mails are there). Thanks!

2. Made of Amazing

you guys are already writing your third album?

o:

3. GreggSuspyre

GreggSuspyre Member

There is enough material for about two albums, haha. I have a lot of music written, just a lot of it is too simple for me now and no longer excites me, heh. I'm working on rewriting a lot of it now and am doing some stuff from scratch, as well.

4. Beyond the Pale

third album already=god help me I'm going to go sterile from all the orgasming

I hope you guys can find a solid drummer soon though. I guess it's gonna be a little easier than finding a keyboardist though, there's plenty of drummers around.

5. GreggSuspyre

GreggSuspyre Member

Finding a good drummer is hard because we have such demanding music and big shoes to fill. Sam would learn the parts I wrote (almost verbatim) by just listening to the MIDI files. But, if we're replacing him we need to improve upon things; we need someone that can do all the tight double-kicking he did and can play like a fusion drummer with ghost-notes a-plenty. Good jazz drummers are just as hard to find as a solid metal drummer, so finding someone that does both just makes it harder.

The girl that played the Chicago show may join the band, but that's all up in the air right now. That's another thing I shouldn't discuss on a public forum, heh.

6. Beyond the Pale

Heh.

What you say about Sam is true though, I was so sad when I found out he was leaving because his drumming was so impressive, especially considering how he, to the metal world at large is a complete unknown. @_@ But then again, that goes for all of you really.

7. Rev. Clayton

Rev. Clayton The Singer

Not for long...hopefully

8. Mustang

Mustang The Edge

Hey guys,
    If it's alright with you, I'll send out some e-mails and post in some forums
    in regards to this.

Thanks!

Jeremy

9. Rev. Clayton

Rev. Clayton The Singer

it's an open audition...and not a secret. Feel free to let everyone know we are on the lookout for someone to take Sam's place.

Clay

10. Knulla

Knulla Member

11. Beyond the Pale

Don't worry, I spread the word about you guys every day. So help me god I won't stop until you're signed to a major record label and touring Europe. :kickass:

12. usaprogmusic

usaprogmusic ProgPowerGRRL

Still looking for that drummer .... keep posting, and spreading the word that Suspyre needs a drummer!!

13. Beyond the Pale

I'm glad to see that a year later you guys are actually going to Europe. Heh.

I know a guy who is a great drummer but I dunno if he's Suspyre-level great, I'm really unsure. Personality wise he might not be so great for the band either. :/ But he's definitely skilled.