This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

weird kind of Gojira type song

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Terminus, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Terminus

Terminus Mike

I wrote this thing in 2002, played it in a band and on stage for over a year but at the time had no idea how to record mahself. I just went through and did a nicely tracked but quickly mixed version with programmed drums (AD as always, this time totally ITB AD with no added sample replacement yet). Since I actually have an amp I'll end up reamping this soon, not too pleased with the rhythm guitars but the leads I am digging on. Anyway let me know what you think. It is pretty rough, mind. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/994726/White Tie Black Heart.mp3

2. AceFireForce117

I can soo picture the vocals in this ! like it man great job :kickass:

3. AricMoirae

AricMoirae New Metal Member

This sounds awesome! The song itself and the mix. I love the drum sound. I would be stoked if i could produce a mix of similar quality to this one. I'm a newb by all means. Care to explain a bit of your mixing process?

4. Terminus

Terminus Mike

Thanks guys. Yeah the drum sound is just about the pinnacle of what I can do within AD lol. I've done a shitload of stuff to this song since I posted this including replacing that kick and blending a different snare in slightly, that version above is really fuckin rough and messy sounding compared to how it is currently. I'm almost done editing the silences and tightening things up a bit and then I'm going to redo my vocals from a decade ago hah, then I shall post up a more refined version and I'll even put up the raw files for you guys for mixing practice. Thanks for the replies. :)