This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Welcome to Imaginaerum!

Discussion in 'Nightwish (unofficial)' started by C., Feb 11, 2011.

1. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

A Pacific Ocean Soul (California, United States)
    It's official, everyone...the new Nightwish album is in our midst and there is much more to expect...here's the word from Nightwish.com:

[​IMG]

So let's bring some action back to this forum and discuss! Personally, it sounds very fascinating and I am curious to hear/see how it all unfolds.

2. Stingray11214

Stingray11214 OSA Triumvir

I am just worried about where this is going. It could be great like "The Kids are Alright" or an unmitigated disaster like "The Elder". That is my fear. The concept is very complicated, so I will wait for the press conference to say more.

3. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

True, but considering the direction that Tuomas has been going with the last few Nightwish albums, this seemed like the next obvious step.

But I do wonder, though, if it is a film, does this mean it will be released in theaters? And if so, will the American audience get a chance to see it as well, or will we have to wait a year and a half for the DVD like all the other releases? ;) :lol:

Here's the latest promo photo, with Tuomas and Stobe Harju. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

4. ben_uez

ben_uez Member

I totally agree with you. I hope that the film will be awesome and available nearly everywhere and not only in Finnish and English.

I read on Nuclearblast, that the album will be released the same year as the album, but as the release of the film is in 2012, do we have to wait for the album until 2012, too? I thought it would be a late 2011 release...

5. metalworm

metalworm New Metal Member

Well I do like the cover; it reminds me of an Ent (Treebeard) reaching for the hand of a Hobbit! I first thought the movie would just be a DVD in the same package as the music CD, but that wouldn't make sense if the release dates are different. I would LOVE to see it in a movie theatre but I can't believe that would happen i the US, especially not in New Mexico. But let's hope for te best!

6. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

The Nightwish site says that the album's release date is still unknown at this time, but by all accounts it still appears that it will be here sometime this year.

The filming for the movie doesn't start until spring, and the band has been working on the album since last summer. So it wouldn't make sense to hold the album off another year for the movie. Also, the album could generate hype for the movie to come, so it would make sense to have it out first.

I also doubt that the movie would be shown here in U.S. theaters, if it were, it would likely be one of those small theaters that cater to independent/foreign films. Hell, the Chickenfoot tour movie was promoted as being shown in theaters but as far as I know it was never shown in any cineplex around here. :rolleyes:

7. Cazz Escapist

Cazz Escapist Paradise Seeker

It's going to be around January release and tour with movie out March time I believe... sorry. Don't shoot the messenger

8. Melusina

Melusina Century Child

I was hoping for a late release of the album this year, but I can wait. I would rather it be done right than rushed. Seriously looking forward to this new venture Nightwish is going on.

9. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

Actually, I'm a little relieved, as it seems this year for me will be chock-full of music releases and concerts I want to attend, so pushing Nightwish up until next year is OK with me.

At this point it's getting to where they take just as long as WT to release albums. :lol:

10. ben_uez

ben_uez Member

Damn.

11. St Enigma

St Enigma Member

Mape Ollila has once again made an interesting interview with Tuomas and Stobe for Imperiumi.net

I thought I'd translate it and share with all you "Finnish-challenged" people out there.

Enjoy! :headbang:

12. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

Kiitos Enigma, I am even more psyched for the album and movie!

13. St Enigma

St Enigma Member

They are making progress in the studio pretty fast. Tuomas updated the Studio7 diary today:

Also Troy Donockley posted some news on his behalf on his own website. He has some quite surprising things about his role in the "Imaginarium" project to tell us:

14. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

Sounding more and more awesome by the day!

15. erica

erica New Metal Member

i'm always get excited when they put anything about the new album/movie...i'm glad everything is going well. especially with annette and her ribs.

16. erica

erica New Metal Member

kinda quiet here isn't it..:erk:

17. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

Yes, it is pretty slow at OSA forum when the band is not active, so hopefully things will pick up over the next few months as more info about the album comes out.

18. erica

erica New Metal Member

oh.yeah well i was just wondering.lol
    i'm sure it'll get more active with everything coming out and everything.
    i'm counting down the days..:lol:

19. Iced Dog

Iced Dog The Stormrider's Pooch

Wow, Nightwish has been BUSY since last I checked up on them...I knew about the album, but a movie as well, interesting! I'm sure it'll all be top notch, Tuomas doesn't do anything half-assed, the creative perfectionist he is. Can't wait to see how this all turns out :)

20. St Enigma

St Enigma Member

Stobe Harju at Twitter May 27.

Just heard Nightwish's Imaginarium finished... Oh lord!
    (Saying this trough tears and a smile that never leaves my face).

27 May via Twitter for iPhone

So, it means that the CD is ready for mastering and they can concentrate on the movie.

And the band'a update at Facebook:

Imaginarium movie update.

by: Tuomas Holopainen date: May 26. 2011 8:57

During the last six weeks, the work on Imaginarium has advanced by leaps and bounds. We’ve been so busy with the project there has been precious little time for anything else.

While the band supervises the final mix of the album, location scouting is already underway for the Imaginarium movie. As the name of the movie and the information disclosed so far suggest, these real-world special places are few and far between.

The production crew has also been strengthened by people who have extensive knowledge of post-production technology. This is crucial, because the shoot and post-production are expected to be extremely complex and technically challenging. One of the characters in the movie also needs special attention from the animation department. Without teasing you any further, we can only disclose that this character will surely be remembered by many a Nightwish fan.

Because of the technical challenges and need for more planning, the shooting has been postponed. The movie will nevertheless be completed on time, as the post-production was begun already before the shooting.

There’s obviously a lot of expectations for the movie score. Tuomas is currently working on variations with Petri Alanko, renowned for his prize-winning music for the Alan Wake video game. The score will be based on the songs on the album and their main themes in a way that — like many other things with the Imaginarium movie — is a first in the history of motion pictures.

Imaginarium was also featured at the Cannes Movie Festival, where Solar Films presented their forthcoming films. At the same time, the script went through its biggest and most anticipated overhaul so far, confirming that Imaginarium will in no way be a children’s movie but a dark and foreboding fantasy; a dream world that lacks no surprises.

In a nutshell, like the director of the movie tends to characterize his productions, “well-planned is half done”. The famous sign post on the crossroads leading to Imaginarium is already visible. It says “Imaginarium, X miles”, and underneath it reads in small, red, curving hand-writing: “Soon it’s time to start shooting.”