This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

what are you reading?

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by dreaming neon darkspot, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Lordlucid

Lordlucid Warning: Contains Alcohol

What were your thoughts that Stephen King decided to make another book to the Dark Tower series?

2. DarkGift

DarkGift ov Doom

3. Dead_Lioness

Dead_Lioness Godless

I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard it is horrible and to avoid it at all costs... I agree with you: Atlas Shrugged is a great story, with a great philosophy, it was an excellent read, and I plan on re-reading it sometimes soon :)

4. Kafka

Kafka Member

Yea I thought that the idea of objectivism and capitalism were presented in a good way but it was exaggerated at times. The whole mystery behind Galt was one of the most interesting aspects of the book, but Dagny got annoying at some points. I have tried to start the Fountainhead on numerous occasions and can't seem to do it, which makes me think re-reading Atlas would be a challenge as well.

5. Kafka

Kafka Member

also I am reading this, which I got for free from outside a book store that had closed.

[​IMG]

6. Traxan

Traxan Member

I'm convinced there are certain books you can't read past a certain age. I wouldn't even try reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy now.

7. Dead_Lioness

Dead_Lioness Godless

^ Traxan, I dunno... In the past 3 years I have re-read so many books that were a part of me for so long, and that I read in my "younger years" and that some, helped shape the person I am today (to some degree)
    and I find that when I re-read those books, and when I see them under different light, of the adult me; it feels amazing... makes you realize a lot more about them!

8. Kafka

Kafka Member

I agree with you DL. The first book of Rand's that I ever read was Anthem back when I was around 17, and I still really appreciate that book. I've actually re-read most of the reading from high school such as Of Mice and Men, To Kill a Mockingbird, etc. They're all great.

9. Kafka

Kafka Member

Does anyone remember "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark?" I just read an article online about it and it totally brought some nostalgia. Those books were so freaking creepy in elementary school.