This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

what do you do when you're down?

Discussion in 'Chat' started by sillyducky, Oct 31, 2013.

1. sillyducky

sillyducky New Metal Member

hey,I often have moments when I just wanna be alone or scream my lungs out..just frustrated of some people or stuff.I wondered what you guyz do when you feel like that.I try to listen to some music or ride my bike.

2. KEVIN.DLL

KEVIN.DLL New Metal Member

Hello,
    I play video game , I listen to death metal too , I watch TV . it's all

3. strings01

strings01 New Metal Member

Music and bike riding, just like you. Listening to music whilst bike riding is even greater.

4. xxAnneLillxx

xxAnneLillxx New Metal Member

Just to be a real slowpoke ;)
    I go and work out for a couple of hours while listening to Emperor.

5. SentinelSlain

SentinelSlain Suck my joined date.

have a wank

listen to my "comfort music" such as zz top, ac dc, whitesnake, 80s Judas Priest etc.

6. HamburgerBoy

HamburgerBoy Active Member

Pace the floors, maybe while eating Cheez-its.

7. spacecorpse75

spacecorpse75 New Metal Member

This is a big topic, because metal fans get down and depressed too sometimes or even often. I have problems with inner rage and depression. I go out into the world and it's mixed, cold, chaotically ignorant signals make me tense and I don't like what I see. I feel like I am in a Voivod nightmare, when I would really envision rather being in a world like the cover of Candlemass Ancient Dreams. What I try to do is go home! To my mancave/sanctuary. I also need time to reconnect with the positive energy hidden within me. I ask myself who am I? What REALLY matters in life. Listen to Firewind's Falling to pieces track as a reference. Of course finding comfort music is huge. What type of music is calling you at this moment? Also, it's going to sound funny but a good orgasm helps cheer the spirit naturally, in addition to a beer or some comfort food etc. Hang in there, life is brutal.

8. xenophobe

xenophobe Active Member

If you want to scream your lungs out... find a place... scream. If you have that urge, it's really best to just scream.

That is... one of the only urges of that type that I'd suggest you just follow through with.

If I get mad or depressed, I often just grab a guitar. If that doesn't work, rub one out? lol Or create something. A bike ride is always nice too.

9. Indestructible

Indestructible New Metal Member

Bike. Period. I mean shit - It's so relaxing that I feel like I'm literally flying to outer space when I ride it. Yes, you'd imagine that's a pretty great feeling.

10. WalkerAllen

WalkerAllen New Metal Member

I need chocolate

11. hawkrielle

hawkrielle New Metal Member

I like to play medieval themed video games and listening to folk metal, sketch while listening to metal, and sleep while imagining myself at a concert screaming my face off.

I just like the energy that comes from metal music because sometimes you just want to shout/scream and just let go.

12. silverblood

silverblood Seeker of.....

If you want to scream go for it. Jam a pillow over your face and let it out.
    Some of the things I do:
    Hit the weights. "Grip it and rip it" until I'm good and tired.
    Go down to the range in the National Forest and shoot the hell out of some paper targets.
    Write. Write down whatever is bothering you. Write it down exactly as it comes out of you. When you get finished start a fire in your fire place or a hole in the ground. Feed each sheet in and send that shit to hell!

13. HadesRagnazrath

HadesRagnazrath Active Member

Listen to metal. I have cut myself before, but out of boredom, not depression. Nothing helps with depression like heavy metal.

14. MetalAges

MetalAges Captain Spectacular
    Staff Member

I visit some of my Facebook friend feeds and realize - "damn, I got it pretty good." :tickled:

Some of my friends I think live to whine and cry about how life treats them like shit, yet they don't do all that much to help themselves!

15. HadesRagnazrath

HadesRagnazrath Active Member

Sometimes I read people's depressive stories online, and stuff like that. I don't have a Facebook account, so I can't really do that. Sometimes, I will listen to DSBM when I feel somewhat depressed. I don't find it all that interesting, so I'm more likely to listen to something motivational or inspiring, think Twilight if of the Thunder God by Amon Amarth. Burzum is great too for that, even though it may not be inspiring in the same way as something energetic and exciting like melodic death metal. Sometimes, when I'm down, I watch The Simpsons, the only television show I like. It's funny. I don't like serious television, but I love serious, morbid, and dark music.

16. opacity

opacity Member

when I'm frustrated I tend to do things that bring back a sense of order and "having a grip on it": most of the time it's re-organizing something (the more frustrated the bigger the things: from bills to furniture ^^ ), or getting it out physically on a bike, or swimming, or anything where I can focus.
    when I'm sad, it's a different picture. then i usually sulk in my own little private hell and listen to music with lyrics that complain about how mean the entire nasty world is ^^ after a day or two I usually see how pathetic I am and get my shit together again.

17. joey_gerbils

joey_gerbils bored

molest a firearm

listen to metal

smoke weed

drink beer

jack off

vidya

18. chuu

chuu New Metal Member

Listen to metal, that's my true savior. That's my bestfriend, that's the one who saves me from the darkness when it engulfs me.

19. Neftys

Neftys New Metal Member

I write down my feeling in a notebook, some become later lyrics and some stay note in a book. I also then listen to music but there it can varied a lot as sometime it is band with lyrics who touch me and other time more brutal band depend if i'm pissed or sad. When i'm very pissed or frustrate it happen I swear in Finnish, very useful at work as no one understand then what I say

20. The Butt

The Butt Unholy gas, flares from my ass

Pot and booze.