This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What happened to this forum?

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by Phil_ocean, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Delitzsch

Delitzsch Führendes Mitglied

I've seen some of URM's YouTube videos and there's nothing there that I haven't learned in this forum or from Ermz's book (and it was cheap for the amount of information in it).

2. Sora01

Sora01 how do mix ¯\(°_o)/¯

I came back to this site after buying some new equipment to get back into recording after selling all my stuff years ago to focus on my career.

This is the first thread I came across...pretty sad to see how quiet it's gotten. I've read all the responses here and I don't think I can add anything more but just agree with most points in some way.

I guess all we have now are memories of how this place was once so fantastic with insightful criticism of each others mixes and a huge collection of knowledge.

It's one thing reading it somewhere but actually interacting with those who were so experienced on the fly and trying/testing new things was really special.

3. H-evolve

H-evolve Member

I wasn't around in the prime days, since I only started reading and asking questions about 4 or 5 years ago. But, even back then I can say there was a significant difference in activity.

That being said, from 5 years ago and up until now, even if there are just a few active guys around, I thought important to thank anyone who's helped me throughout those years. I tried my best to not start old topucs, or asked questions that had already been asked... But I'm sure I failed on numerous occasions!

Hopefully that didn't piss off too many people!

Thanks to you guys, I feel like I learned a lot. I still consider myself a beginner, but that's just because what I was taught made me realized I knew nothing at all before! At least, my stuff stopped sounding like crap and it now sounds "decent", thanks to your answers to my questions.

So that's about it, thought it was worth saying that there are still some noobs like me around, that still learn something, thanks to the few of you that are still roaming this forum! And those noobs, me included, appreciate your help!

Cheers!