This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What music have you been digging of late?

Discussion in 'Maiden Downunder' started by Southy, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Spiff

Spiff I have the power

After seeing their latest album is charting rather well I realised that I hadn't listened to Lord in YEARS (since just after the rebrand from Dungeon, in fact) so I've been listening to them a fair bit this week. Awesome stuff, of course.

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Yeah, we're a top 20 band now - we're practically The Spice Girls (I'm Sporty Spice, in case anyone was wondering). :)

Nah, I'm stoked it's doing so well (seriously - we got into the ARIA charts, that's crazy!), but even more stoked that people like your good self are enjoying it so much - the reaction has been incredible! Bit o' trivia, considering what forum we're on, the Japanese edition of the album has a cover of Judas be my Guide, which was heaps of fun to do. There's a good chance that'll end up making its way into our store down the track if anyone wants to pick it up!

3. Spiff

Spiff I have the power

I just saw that! Is there anywhere official one might be able to hear it before then? I could order it from Japan, I guess

In hindsight it really surprises me that Judas Be My Guide was never released as a single. It’s up there with Wasted Years as a perfect commercial metal song, accessible to non metal fans but fine for metal fans, and it’s also awesome.

4. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

That and Chains of Misery are the hidden gems of that album, IMO, but they were both super sloppy. Dunno what Nicko was doing around that period but it was all pretty loose. I think if the production and performance was on point, I agree - Judas would have been a killer single!

There's kind of nowhere to hear our cover of that just yet - contractually we have to give Japan first dibs on whatever they want to do with that, at least in the short term. But seeing as we run our own label and have control over everything now (unlike in the past when we were at the mercy of every other asshole) I'd say it may surface sometime in the near future. :)