This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

what's about Ron Jarzombek upcoming guitar instructional DVDs?

Discussion in 'Spastic Ink/Watchtower' started by CSebastian, Mar 11, 2009.

1. CSebastian

CSebastian Psychiatic Treatment

When will be available the RJ's guitar instructional DVDs?
    I can't wait anymore to enjoy this material...It will be a masterpiece by sure...
    someone has something to tell us about it?

2. ronjarz

ronjarz Member

The DVDs are still in the works. They first took a back seat to the Blotted Science recordings/distribution/promotion, and now I'm spending lots of of time on WATCHTOWER (writing/recording/production). Putting together the DVDs has been a lot more work than what I originally thought (far more involved than just an audio recording) and is taking quite a bit of time to complete. Most guitar instructional DVDs are some guitarist sitting in his bedroom with a computer monitor and bookshelves in the background playing the same cliché licks that we all have seen on every other guitar DVD. I’m doing a full production based on theory with lots of playing with in-depth theoretical explanations, how I use various writing tools, lots of animated things moving around to get theoretical ideas across, unconventional close-up camera angles, etc.. Lots of re-learning and practicing parts that have been played over the past decade (on SPASTIC INK, solo, and the BLOTTED SCIENCE CDs), learning video software, learning DVD authoring software, I built two new guitars because I didn't like how my old guitars looked on video (and fingers look great against a black fingerboard), etc... It goes on and on...

http://www.ronjarzombek.com/RonJarzombek09Guitars.jpg

Ron

3. homerometal

homerometal New Metal Member

god damnit, assasin guitars... where do you learn to build your own guitar ron? or you send the planes to a luthier?

and, please, include subtitles in spanish on the DVD, that would be awesome

4. NeverMarty

NeverMarty Awaiting Mathematics

Holland, 5m below sea level and sinking...
    You just got me stoked again, Ron! :worship:

I'd love to get my hands on a copy or two of the DVD, but Mathematics would make my metal year, even if it's 2010. Looking forward to updates after the weekend - and hoping it doesn't turn out like the Ides Of March did for a certain Julius whose last name was "dutchified" into Doug's last name (Keyser). :p Best of luck to all you guys this weekend!

5. PerennialQuest1349

:OMG:

can't wait!

6. rbd

rbd New Metal Member

last post was in March. any news on this yet?

7. ndrewoods

ndrewoods † Guitar Hero †

:headbang: Cool ron. Can't wait to have a copy of this DVD. I guess completing the mechanics is really a bit hard.