This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Whats Playing Now Thread....

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Yeah definitely. I'm listening to Warrel's posthumous solo album now, which is really good too.

2. Cooee

Cooee Member

The new Alestorm album releases today. I'm not sure what to expect with this one, the two songs they released so far have been a bit different. There will be a live stream of the album at 4am if anyone is interested (YouTube link below).

Apparently Matthew Bell of Troldhaugen (Wollongong), who according to metal-archives did some live shows with Lord, has writing credits on this album too: https://www.forbes.com/sites/quenti...-to-metal-or-pirate-enthusiasts/#7e41e5ee3d22

#6942 Cooee, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  3. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Yeah, Matt is going full on with the stuff he's up to these days. He's doing a lot of stuff with Christopher Bowes, as well as a few projects with Tim Yatras as well. :)

4. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Revisiting metal from the 2010s. Currently onto Aussie band In Malice's Wake. Good stuff, picked up the CD when they played in Auckland:

...and an Aussie double, now I'm onto Looking Glass:

#6944 Bloopy, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  5. Lord Tim

In Malice's Wake are pretty cool guys, in fact the guitarist has a LORD symbol tattoo that makes mine look kind of sad in comparison! HAHA!

Bloopy likes this.
  6. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

I'm listening to Metallica - S&M2, just because it's Metallica. They're my favourite metal band but I wouldn't pay for this. I can understand it as a vanity project where they did it because they enjoy it. Otherwise, filling it up with like 10 songs repeated from last time seems like a waste of potential. Not unexpected though. My main gripe with their live shows in general is that I don't care so much for their most popular songs that they insist on playing every time.

7. Nitephyre

Nitephyre LORDwhore™/Andy's ManSWOS

Yeah, I went to see it at the cinema and whilst I enjoyed it, I was hoping for a fully new lineup of songs. I haven't even bought a physical copy this time.

8. matt2006

matt2006 Member

Hahaha just decided to check out the forum for the first time in years...and see my name pop up. I've made a good go of working with my favourite bands from high school.... Lord, Alestorm, Germ, Gloryhammer, Folkearth. All worse off after working with me, but we'll ignore that part haha

9. matt2006

matt2006 Member

I wrote Tortuga (which was originally a rejected Troldhaugen song in KPOP style) and Chomp Chomp, and co-wrote Pirate Metal Drinking Crew and Big Ship Little Ship. So pretty much both the MOST and LEAST pirate style songs on the album haha

10. Lord Tim

There we go, straight from the man himself! :)

11. Nitephyre

Nitephyre LORDwhore™/Andy's ManSWOS

Wait, there's such a thing as a REJECTED Troldhaugen song? o_O :D

Bloopy likes this.
  12. matt2006

matt2006 Member