This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What's your wish?

Discussion in 'LORD' started by pipsqeek, May 1, 2008.

1. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

I was chatting to a friend earlier that needed a rock to lean on. He has some things he regrets doing and other things he just wishes he did. While some things are just not going to happen these days, there are some things he could still do that he wants to.

After I finished speaking with him. I reflected a little on what some of the things I have or haven't done in the past that I regretted.

I came up with one strong feeling. Something I can't ever fix, I can't go back to replace. I never had a strong relationship with my brother or my mother. In fact, my mother and I couldn't have been more dislike each other. I didn't get along with my brother either.

Unfortunately they are both deceased. So even though I have this yearning to be in a happy family. I can never get it.

Fortunately I am surrounded by great friends that I consider more my family than anything else. If something happened to any of them I would treat it as if it were my own brother, my own family.

I wish I had a good relationship with my brother while he was alive.

This thread isn't about "I wish I won lotto" or "I wish I had a million dollars". What is the one and only thing you feel is lacking in your life that you wish you had. It can be something you can still achieve or it could be something that may never happen.

Cheers
    pipsqeek

2. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I wish my dad was still alive.

3. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

I wish i wasnt a coward with regard to my interactions with people. Generally i doubt myself in every social interaction...like a monkey on my back.

4. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

That used to be a real problem for me too. It can still dog me now but it's nothing like it was. You just need someone to give you some confidence. Seems to me like you've got a good woman beside you so let her help you with that.

5. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

I wish that I was living in Australia so that I could share the joy that my daughter brings me with my parents.

6. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

^ Thats the main reason that keeps my living here, especially in expensive Sydney. Also, there are a few nice people here i'd hate to never see again.

7. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Nice to see that someone values wisdom over the pull of the almighty dollar....

I mean that sincerely too.

8. AdamS

AdamS Biggest LORD fan EVER

I wish I would have known both my grandfathers better while they were alive.

9. Acey Jendell

Acey Jendell Jonesey

I wish i would have started taking my guitar playing seriously back when i started in 1996. I mean, i'm 21 this year, i could be alot better than i am, even though i think i'm becoming pretty good.

10. AdamS

I wish my friend Jon was still alive.

[​IMG]

11. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

:( What happened to him?

12. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Pips goddamnit man, take the password protect off the temp folder on your web server, your signature image is in that folder! *Slaps you silly*

13. Winmar

Is that what brings that frigging password box up then?!

14. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

15. AdamS

He overdosed. Last time I saw him was in February and he had just gotten out of rehab and he was clean.

He died on April 13 and none of my friends called me to tell me about it. I found out last night.

"Officials said Monday the preliminary results of an investigation into the death of a man found at a Round Lake Park gas station indicate the man died of a self-inflicted drug overdose.

Round Lake Park/Hainsville Police Chief George Felinko said the body of a man was discovered about 4 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot of a station at Hainsville Road and Washington Street.

Jonathan Tatum, 20, of Lake Villa was in the passenger seat of his own sport utility vehicle, officials said.

Felinko said he contacted the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force to investigate the death.

"We had a man sitting in the passenger seat of his own car, and nobody else around," Felinko said. "Somebody called 911, and we wanted to find out how he got there."

Felinko said investigators eventually located a man who admitted he was driving Tatum's car when Tatum died. The man admitted he fled the scene because of his own past problems with the law.

Coroner Richard Keller said an autopsy performed Monday afternoon showed that Tatum had died of a heroin overdose. Keller said medical records indicated that Tatum had been treated at local hospitals for heroin-related problems in the past.

Felinko said the investigation remains open."

16. maiL huma

maiL huma Collingwood forever

Really sorry to hear that dude.

My thoughts are with you for the days and weeks ahead.

17. AdamS

It's very much appreciated. Thank you.

I wish I knew who this was so I could shove my fucking boot down his throat. Fucking coward.

18. Winmar

Damn, that's no good. You've got some bad so called mates, Adam. :( (the ones who didn't let you know)

19. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

That's awful dude.

20. AdamS

Can argue with you there.

I'm not bothering with those people anymore, not after this. Same kind of people that only bother with you if they need something.

It just burns me up. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to him. These people really called themselves his friend? Where the fuck were they when he started using again?!? Some fucking friends. Like the asshole that fucking took off. He didn't even bother to try cpr or anything. Instead the mother fucker takes off like the fucking coward he is. Dead or not you don't leave your friends.

It's nice to see where the line is drawn when it comes to compassion, loyalty, honesty and common sense.