This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Where reason and logic shall not prevail - CHAT

Discussion in 'Firebox Records' started by jpmuikku, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

Under this topic heading you can talk about those very important issues like can you listen Trivium if you are wearing Miskatonic shirt or are you allowed to listen funeral doom if you have not tried to commit suicide first. You know, those little things that make life so interesting. :)

2. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

I have been selling on ebay (UK version) since December 2005. It's easy to say that fuck ebay (mostly due to some users, not the platform itself). But with the new sellers fees/shop payments.. NO FUCKING WAY! I had pretty ok start back in the day :Smug: but then somewhere in 2006 ebay made the hilarious "visibility update" for their seach engine. Suddenly I lost all customers from US/Canada and my overall sales dropped to 3-4 sales per month. After reading post after post on their forum, it turned out that their algorhytms on the serach engine are completely against me. Not from UK, long delivery times, high postage etc.

But there were promises, a lot of promises. If someone in ebay.com is looking for something that I was selling, my stock would show up on the search. Well, that was all bullshit. Come 2007 and more fee jack ups, more "visibility adjustments" and in 2007 I think I sold one or two CD's to US/Canada. Talk about "the best marketplace on internet" here.

Come this year and another promises of "visibility adjustments". This turned to be another fee hike up in form of "international seller" or something fee. For ten pence (per title, per listing time, only BIN listings 10 days) you could get your stock show up on ebay.com searches. The catch was that apparently the search showed only when the buyer had ticked the "show international sellers" box too. Which 99% won't ever do because they think that .com search will show EVERYTHING. Wrong!

August 2008. Shop subscription fees triples, SIF disappears, BIN/Auction is only things left. While the talk is about how the upfront fees will be smaller, the fact remains that they only drop if you pay for featured shop subscription (50 pounds per month). And STILL the visibility issue is just a talk, how it will get better, how the search will better reflect the blaah blaah blaah.

Ebay had already couple years to fix the visibility issues yet all they did was to LIMIT the visibility of my stock AND rise the fees for sellers. At the end of the month I will close my ebay shop and I only feel being fucked up by this company with no head, no vision, nothing.

Emo of the month award, please? :saint:

3. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

Did the guy had a little unluck?

Lifted from http://www.caboodle.hu

4. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

chatting with myself, um...

Lifted from: http://www.chew.hu

5. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

While I occasionally do not really agree with the guy, he really knows how to stir the liberal PC soup.

6. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

What a whooping surprise we have here. Nobody would expect this, no. :rolleyes:

Study links oil prices to investor speculation

nstitutional investors caused the rapid rise and fall in oil prices in 2008, according to an independent report released by U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday.

The report, co-authored by the portfolio manager of Masters Capital Management, said from January to May 27 index traders poured $60-billion (U.S.) into commodity markets, causing a big spike in oil prices. When Congress began holding hearings about speculation from May to July, traders pulled $39-billion from the market, the report stated.

The report was released on Capitol Hill as part of the effort by some members of Congress to crack down on what they believe is excessive speculation in oil markets.

Oil hit a record $147 a barrel in July, and then started falling sharply until it reached $102 this week.

Democratic Senators Byron Dorgan and Maria Cantwell said the report showed that U.S. regulators need to “crack down on irresponsible oil speculators.”

“While these speculators make enormous profits on both sides of the trade, it was the American people stuck with the bill every time they filled up their gas tank this summer,” said Mr. Dorgan, who introduced legislation earlier this year to rein in energy speculators.

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission is scheduled to send a report to Congress in the next few days on the role speculators have played in the oil market.

Lifted from: http://www.globeinvestor.com/

7. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

This would explain a lot about the current state of ebay.co.uk
    Lifted from http://forums.ebay.co.uk

8. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

Generally Lethal Conflict team is online roughly 16 hours per day, but still it's not enough.
    When you make order at 3 AM and you get order confirmation email that states that we are open 8-20, shouldn't that ring some bells? Apparently not.

9. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

Band managers, they are good when they are dead! Just this week there was a case, that label and band made a deal that was mutually win-win thing. The band could hit the studio within a month and the release would be out in May 2009. Marketing, gig booking, distribution all ok. Day before final deal, the band gets the idea that they might enjoy the pleasures of manager. Need I say that only good band managers are dead ones? With the help of the manager, they deal was crashed, the band most likely can hit the studio next time in April, May and have a deal only after that, so the release autumn, winter 2009. Managers are really helping bands, really.