This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Who knows good Firewire PCI Card for Presonus Firestudio Interfaces?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by CharlesMonroe1989, Feb 22, 2012.

1. CharlesMonroe1989

Hi Guys,

i just bought a Presonus Firestudio Tube and as usual i collected information about it in the web. So i mentioned that most users of the Presonus Firestudio Interfaces have Problems with their Firewire Card.

Presonus published this list of compatible Firewire chips: http://www.presonus.com/media/pdf/hardware_compatibility.pdf

So i was searching the whole web for a Firewire Card which has one of the "good" Chips on it. But when you try to get proper product information about these PCI cards you cant find out which chip is used on them...

So is there anybody in this forum who uses a Firestudio Interface from Presonus with a extra Firewire PCI card (NOT PCIe!) and havent had compability issues ever? Or somebody who knows about a Firewire card with one of the particular chips of this list?

I just found 2 and they cost more than 40€(53$) which i think is too much...

thank you!

2. NoSoup4you22

NoSoup4you22 Keep on blorpin'

I've used my Firestudio 26x26 with both a VIA VT6307, and a VIA VT6306 with no problem. Don't ever pay that much for a firewire card... I got THREE of the VT6306 for like 5 bucks on ebay.

3. CharlesMonroe1989

yeah but the via vt 6407 is just the chip and i dont know on which of the Cards with VIA Chips they are? Whats the name of the model and the manufacturer?

4. Sloan

Sloan Sounds like shit!

I bought a Belkin firewire card at Staples. Fucking overpriced, but hell it's been working for a long time. Has TI chip.

5. NoSoup4you22

There doesn't seem to be any other markings on the PCI cards... You sure Via doesn't make the whole thing? I'll take a couple pictures.

6. NoSoup4you22

VT6306: [​IMG]

VT6307: [​IMG]

7. CharlesMonroe1989

hmm ok i now found one but not in europe... but its just 7$ including shipping so is just ordered it. has a VIA 6307 Chip. Will write here if it works...

thanks everybody!

8. kluczewp

kluczewp Member

Is it works for you?