This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Why do people hate COB?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Aug 18, 2010.

1. Slazinger

Slazinger New Metal Member

I do play guitar, I can play a few cob songs with solos, only old stuff (hatebreeder, follow the reaper).
    I think playing cob is always hard to play depends on the song and not on the album, that's not the point, IMO It's just bloodrunk is boring.
    Really? have you heard that song? I totally disagree, It's like the same all the way. Solos still awesome but man the drum has like 3 rythm patterns and that's all.

2. mrmetalhead2

mrmetalhead2 New Metal Member

cob is toch geen emo band somige vind dat wel snap ik niet wat ze metal vinden

3. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

Hgydgfhfyfyy sdjsikdfus COB adfhidfjsdifyy Alexi udfhsfjo cock fihsfdoihfissa odsdfoj!!!!!!!11

4. kilon

kilon I told you!

Dude, it's an English board. Do like me and everyone else and do the same thing. Also: punctuation and spelling. It isn't that hard.

5. mrmetalhead2

mrmetalhead2 New Metal Member

cobs is not emo band is metal band tel me what this band is

6. predator2353

predator2353 Member

It's a tit band :lol:

7. Gurby

Gurby Madness

+1

8. The Bringer

The Bringer Member

Agreed. Participate in the conversation a way that everyone can understand... or GTFO.

9. Norbix

Norbix Member

Complete loss is a bit of an exaggeration, but I would agree that the latest albums are lacking a bit.

I don't buy this. I honestly think Alexi's jackson tone is way overrated around here. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a pretty sweet solo tone. But I think that their best tone yet is with their ESP in AYDY album. Honestly the guitar itself probably doesn't have much to do with their sound, the tones vary wildy from album to album.

The hatebreeder tone was mild, yet soothing. But it's lacking a little bit in aggressiveness. The FTR tone (same gear as hatebreeder) got TOO aggressive. Both FTR and HCDR to me sound 'crispy', too trebbly and not smooth. The AYDY tone is somewhere in between the smoothness and aggressiveness, imo. The guitars are loud, clear, aggressive, and not ear piercing. The same tone could have been done with Jackson. Different pickups and EQ's are different.

While I don't like bands of the same style touring together, I agree that the bands that COB is touring with are kind of ehhhh.... I think it is what it is, though. If they have to tour in the U.S. that's how you get exposure I suppose. Besides, they've got some shows with Ensi and Amon Amorth (whom I'm partial towards) which is a good line-up.

That's nonsense. You telling me you don't like Angels Don't Kill as a song?

That IS their real attitude, though. IMO it's better for a band to be themselves than to be fake. It's kind of unfortunate that they seem to have that image nowadays but hey... it is what it is.

Maybe the new album has some kind of banger in it, eh?

That's a hard thing to comment on. As for the music style, as a band you want to gather more fans all the time. I don't think COB would be satisfied playing small gigs for their entire careers. As for the drinking, I really can't comment. How can you or I really make judgement if drinking is hampering his music writing? At least in interviews it seems like Alexi was REALLY trying for RFF, staying up countless hours, etc...

I'm sorry but your entire post just screams I want the old COB back, which I think really needs to just end once and for all for everyone. These guys are in their 30s now, and they're not magically going to regain their teen attitude on everything. I'd do unspeakable things for another follow the reaper, but as a realist I know it's not gonna happen.

10. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I would enjoy to see them start a gig with Taste of My Scythe for a weird opener, and play Downfall as second while people are still in the euphoria, then really kickstart the gig with an aggressive song or two before first passage. Or they could start a gig with a strong track from the new album, but I'd like to see surprises like that earlier in the set. What I would also like is for them to sort of submerge into Follow the Reaper mode with the flag and all and play 5 songs from that album back to back, because it's so different somehow and they will need to scrap some of the newer style songs as it's probably good to have a good deal of variety. I can imagine them playing only Blooddrunk and LDB from the last two albums from now on, if they want to add the best 4 songs from RRF to the setlist.

11. kilon

kilon I told you!

And I want them to play 2 hour setlists instead of a lousy 90 minutes.
    Sometimes not all things will happen. They do usually have at least 1 old fan favourite on every tour. KTS on their last American tour, Decadence on the European tour.
    I want Hatebreeder next!

12. (__Joonas__)

Not all things will happen but it was a thought. Downfall deserves to be played higher in the set. It's a seriously good song, so why does it have to be made a "parody" with the ending humour and stuff. Of course the band likes to play songs that get an energetic response from the crowd. Some songs just don't work live (not just audiolly but in terms of crowd response), and I can imagine it would feel dumb to play a song that most of people don't recognize. Not sure if Downfall would feel fitting in the beginning of the set.

13. kilon

kilon I told you!

The last song isn't necessary humorous. It is the epic ender of a great show. It has to be full of energy and preferably an awesome intro and outro. Downfall has a great intro that is instantly recognisable and also offers the opportunity to raise the mood by shredding some on the guitar. And the chorus is also getting increasingly better so it's great to end on a high note.
    Now there are obviously other songs that could fit as a last song, but the crowd does need to know it's ending and when it's a new song, it might be unexpected and come as a bummer.

As far as first songs go, they need to be just as energetic or even more so. The intro to that song is the most important aspect. LDB is a great opening song. When they used HOMT it didn't have the same impact even though it's an aggressive intro. It just goes to fast into the actual song for me to get in the mood so to speak.

14. (__Joonas__)

Of course, the songs in the setlist should correspond in their climax-level with the enthusiasm of the crowd. That's why LDB is a great opener and Downfall a great ender. But sometimes you get bored about it when the same stuff more or less has been done for years, and to do something weird would spice up the thing a bit.

15. Icecrowned

Icecrowned New Metal Member

Physically - Croatia; Spiritually - Skandinavia
    Lol, m8, listen - live your life and let others live theirs, there's no point in trying to change someone else.

If someone hates COB, he's an idiot... but that's not your or mine problem, it's his... ^^

16. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

You don't know Joonas.

17. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

And you're 11 years old?

18. Icecrowned

You didn't have to take that seriously, m8...

19. kilon

kilon I told you!

Anyone who says 'm8' isn't to be taken serious regardless.

20. Icecrowned

And what would you like to be called? Sir?
    I like writing 'm8', and I always mean good while writing it.