This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

why listen to satanic lyrics?

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Jesus_Saves, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Jesus_Saves

Jesus_Saves New Metal Member

let me start off saying i am a very big fan of metal. however there is one line i wont cross, and i dont think others should either. and that is satanic metal! i cant believe anyone would listen to a band who speaks against someone elses beliefs. these bands say unspeakabley evil words and have a very bad influence on their listeners. and even worse, some take it to the next level and listen to bands who actaully go out and burn churches, sometimes even killing people! do you even think about the horrible evil you are letting enter your head!? its unbelievable. i dont think anyone should suport bands who are satainic, anti-christain or against any other religions for that matter. these are peoples views which mean so much to them. besides, satainic bands usally have the worst music, so i stay stick to bands that dont insult others most sacred beleifs, like blind gaurdain or savatage. they choose much better topics, like fanasty. or listen to some good instrumental metal instead.

2. Carbonized

Carbonized Mental Miasma

erm... no offense guy but um, Christians do this as well, more fervently and reach a wider audience. Your post honestly comes off a bit hypocritical since you don't want these "Satanic" bands speaking their beliefs and you are speaking out against theirs along with the entire world congregation. If you want to make a statement about such things you should try to see the coin from both side ya know?

Those same bands would probably same the same thing as you towards you for your beliefs. Good and Evil are both subject to interpretation. What's good to one might be evil to another. If people "actaully go out and burn churches, sometimes even killing people!" then you must realize they had problems to begin with and maybe the music was the catalyst for these things to happen but maybe not. Maybe they had a really bad day and the wrong person pissd them off at the wrong time and be totally unrelated to their musical/religious beliefs.

3. NocturnalSun

NocturnalSun The Dark Wanderer

Jesus Saves:
    Hey buddy, guess what. The world don't stop for you, so get used to people listening to satanic lyrics. There ARE people out there who do listen to those lyrics and feel quite strong about them also. Yes, it's very weird that people listen to lyrics giving praise to Satan. but then again someone on the other side of the fence could say just the same thing about church songs, now couldn't they?

I know I don't understand the reasons for praising Satan, as I am a Christian, but I do know that regardless of what we want, people are still gonna write and listen to the lyrics that praise Satan. ( Satanists, Think of this, those who praise satan obviously want to get in good and be buddy-buddy with the dark one so that they may join him after death. However, since Satan is everything opposite of God, wouldn't that mean that Satan is incapable of telling the truth? Wouldn't that mean that you couldn't possibly trust Satan in the slightest way? Seems rather stupid people do not realize that )

But anyway, it's not whether you listen to the lyrics or not that makes it bad, it's whether you let them become a part of you and you believe in those lyrics. If you don't, then listening to satanic metal is not wrong in any way.

Jesus Saves, if you are a troll going around from forum to forum trying to 'convert' people to get them to listen to 'good metal', then get the hell out because we don't want you. If you're not a troll, then just read everything I said.

4. The ORIGINAL South Of Heaven

5. lord667

lord667 =UM=Heartburn

Why not? People have the right to their beliefs, and they have the right to challenge other people's.

Yes.

I think they should.

Well, boo fucking hoo. Nobody has the right to go through life without being offended, hippie, me included.

What's your position on Christian Black Metal or Christian grindcore?

6. lord667

lord667 =UM=Heartburn

Depends on whether you think God is completely truthful. One of the most common elements of occultist-style Satanism is that they think God, if he exists at all, is a liar.

7. Terrifyer

Terrifyer Born to Murder the World

"worst troll ever"

8. Spirit In Black

Spirit In Black In Rapture, I'm Reborn

Jesus Saves........great Slayer song you should check it out \m/

9. Henrik Main

Henrik Main Hello

Nice example of a brainwashed American. Or just a troll :)

10. stefan86

stefan86 invariably off-topic

I think satanism is a way better religion than christianity, with all the individuality and all that. And as a christian you cant blame anyone for pushing beliefs on someone else, becuase that IS christianity. So basically I just wanna say:

HAIL SATANAS WHOOARGHH :heh:

11. no country for old wainds

Most 'Satanic' bands just use Satan as a metaphor for anti-Christianity, they aren't actually Satanists.

12. Under a Stone

Under a Stone Member

Personally i don't really care much how satanic or anti-christian a band is lyrically, i'm more worried about the music though i do think people should have the right speak out against religion

13. None_So_Vile

None_So_Vile Malign Paradigm

Tollzor gooooo! double power convertion attack now! move over pikachu

14. Barnolde

Barnolde Truth Beyond Forlorn

Why listen to Christian lyrics? 80% of the US is Christian, they're everywhere, and a lot of them are annoying. Myself, I find all religion to be a lie, and to be fake. It's just silly. Myself, I prefer gore lyrics :hotjump: :Spin:

15. Necroscythe

Necroscythe Member

Just a reminder: Christian and Muslims worshipers kill more people...and are even more brutal to the human being than any satanist, without a doubt.

16. [0hr]Sunlapse

[0hr]Sunlapse Wraith

<------- doesn't give a shit whether the lyrics are christian or satanic

17. Under The Oak

Under The Oak Ens Causa Sui

Man, I've never seen such a forum full of posers. "Satanism is cool" :tickled:

Where are these "statistics" that Christians kill more people than Satanists? If thats true, I guess your Satanist heroes really DONT practice what they preach, so they must be hypocrites too, huh?

The majority of Christian music is made to praise God, not shove it down throats of non-believers, or to bash other world religions. If you hear "Christian" bands that do that, they must not be very good examples. I have no problem with anti-Satanism lyrics though, because this concept is a disease that is infecting many people these days. You preach tolerance to Christians through INtolerance? If THAT isn't ironic, I must not know what is. Tell me whats so appealing about believing in nothing. Why is it so much better to have no hope? :err:

No thanks, I'd much rather listen to music with a message, not this intolerant, blasphemous crap. If Satanism has a message, it's arrogance and selfish ambition - nothing else. It's unbelievable that people buy into this stuff...

18. no country for old wainds

People who call themselves 'Satanists' tend to be pretty moronic. I certainly have no problem with using Satan as a metaphor for anti-Christianity though.

19. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

haha :headbang:

:yell: Fucking stupid ass christians. Jesus is dead for fucks sakes. get over it!!! :yell:

20. lord667

lord667 =UM=Heartburn

Who said they don't have any hope?