This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

World Cup Qualifier

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Ikil, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icarus

Icarus Shamone

He wasnt that bad.

2. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

:headbang: WOOOO WE FUCKIN WON :headbang:

*leaves thread*

3. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

WOR wrote
    Everytime i see Ned Zelic i think of his stupid bitch sister who wouldn't leave me alone at a party years ago.....kept saying " i'm Ned Zelic's sister ".....and everytime i left the room she was in she screamed out my name at full blast.
    So based on that i believe the whole family deserves a bullet.

4. Natasha

Natasha Kiss me, I'm Metal!

what a game! man, I almost chewed my fingers off
    it's a shame we had to go on penalty shootout, but the end result was the same--the roos dominated the ball play most of the game

The World Cup will be played June/July next year and the game draw will be done Dec 10 in Leipzig (if i read the tv correctly)

5. Awake_In_Animosity

Awake_In_Animosity Fearing a Blank Planet

No he wasnt if you like your commentry "state the bleeding obvious style" he was no better than most people who were sitting on there couches.

6. Icarus

Icarus Shamone

I am seriously thinking a trip to germany is in order. I have 3 teams to go for now woohoo! I was going to take a trip over there eventually, since I have free accomodation cause my brother lives there. Now seems like an awful good excuse to go at that time of year. Will be summer too so hopefully shouldnt be that cold

:headbang:

7. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

I hear that despite losing, the Uruguay team have already been offered a spot in the next Mighty-Ducks-meets-soccer-feel-good-bad-acting-Disney-movie for their great performance in last night's game :p :erk:

8. Natasha

also thinking about it too as it will be just before Wacken ;)

9. Icarus

Icarus Shamone

Oh yeah Wacken, forgot about that....hmmm

Case grows stronger.....

10. Ikil

Ikil Member

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!!!

WHOA! That was probably the most tense time of my life last night. Turned out to be the best night ever! Can't believe it! What a game!

I think it was the best game I have ever seen us play. We deserved it so much and it would've been a travesty if we lost. After we scored, I spent the rest of the game freaking out thinking Uruguay were going to score. The penalties were nerve wracking! I was sitting behind the goal where the penalties took place and I couldn't watch us take our shots. I'd cover my eyes and wait for the crowds reaction! HAHA! So crazy! I was confident however because Schwarzer was the hero back in 1993 when we had a shoot out against Canada in a world cup qualifier. But geez, this is so sweet!!!

Atmosphere was incredible, just a sea of green and gold all around the stadium. Was awesome! The crowd was insane and the way everyone got behind them was amazing! Will never forget this night!

GO AUSTRALIA!!!

Ikil

11. Icarus

Icarus Shamone

To quote Dio, We Rock!

12. Natasha

:heh:

Attached Files:

13. Ikil

Ikil Member

HAHAHA. Damn Uruguayans! Their acting doesn't even earn them a golden globe! And their coach is a prick!!! Man, he shits me! As does Recobarse!

Was pretty funny the way the fans were dissing out the Uruguayans. Some of it was pretty bad though, slack, like someone throwing a full thing of beer at a group of em sitting in the crowd.

But amongst other things. Booing the Uruguayan national anthem, that was pretty funny. You couldn't hear the anthem at all. A family of Uruguayans were sitting near where I was and people were giving them shit all night. Poor buggers.

The best part though was before the game when the Australian team came out in their blue tracksuits and the whole stadium booed them thinking they were the Uruguayan team. Once it became evident that it was the Australian team after about 2 minutes, the whole stadium errupted into cheers! GOLD!

Ikil

14. Icarus

Icarus Shamone

Haha. Compared to the shit they have done to our team I say bring it on. Fuck the pricks.

15. Ikil

Ikil Member

Yeah true, at least we didn't spit on their players etc. But yeah, some of us don't have to carry on the same way back, but then a lot of people were just taking the piss, etc.

My Dad went over to the family of Uruguayan's sitting near us after the game and shook their hands. My Dad has this big thing about sportsmanship and he was a little embarrassed by the way some of the crowd treated them.

Anyone read the article in the paper about these Uruguayan fan that got abused by a group of Aussie fans outside the stadium last night? Apparently they called her a peasant and she turned around and told them she was Australian. Well, support Australia then!

Ikil

16. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I haven't ever really followed football but I remember the Aussie team used to be full of Croatian surnames, I notice a few are still floating around.

What's the story with that? There must be something in the water down here that makes them play better than in their home country.

s

17. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Better than there home Country? If it wasnt for yesterdays game I would so disagree with you. But I am going to say nothing bad at all, yesterday was unbalievable, it was amazing. I would never think Id be happier for Australia making it than Croatia. THey deserved it. The start of the game was so shit it that I couldnt bare to watch. Plus it was so dirty, it was disgusting. But Aussies came firing 2nd half Pity they didnt get a goal out of it.

BUT WHERE GOING TO GERMANY!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!

18. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

What I meant to say was with all the Croatians featuring prominently in Aussie football how come Croatia isn't such a strong football team on the world stage?

I don't really follow it so I may be out of my depth but it seems that the South American countries are very prominent in the World Cup so with all things being equal I would assume there would be a lot of South Americans in the Australian side instead it seems to be full of Croatians and why is that?

I'm not bagging either side, just curious as to how it turned out that way.

Maybe there are better football facilities in St. Johns Park than in other parts of Sydney, I don't know.

s

19. Icarus

Icarus Shamone

They are. Croatia came third in the world cup in their very first every apperance, back in 98. If that aint strong on the world stage I dont know what is.

the aussie side is full of croats because they are legends. That is the reason ;)

20. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Yes I remember a Croatian won the Golden Boot that year.

Didn't they also do well in the Basketball in the Olympics around that time?

That was quite some time ago so I thought it may have been a one off.

After gaining independance they may be not so hungry to leave the country via sport.

s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.