This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Worst IF vocals

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Steve, May 29, 2003.

?

Worst IF Vocals?

1. Mikael Stanne (Lunar Strain)

25.5%
  2. Henke Forss (Subterranean)

27.7%
  3. Anders Friden (The Jester Race, Black Ash Inheritance, Whoracle)

2.1%
  4. Anders Friden (Colony, Clayman, The Tokyo Showdown, Reroute to Remain, Trigger)

44.7%
  1. Steve

Steve New Metal Member

Should I take this seriously?

2. AceRoccola

AceRoccola Supervillain Outcast

Ok, don't kill me, but what is so wrong with RTR's vocals?

It kind of makes me sick...because it seems like its the ever popular trend to 'hate your band'. In Flames, Shadows Fall, Metallica, Opeth, etc. Practically every band i listen to, i can hardly think of a band that isn't getting bashed by its own fans. I just don't get it, it seems like these bands are held to impossible standards and even when they put out good material, some people are bent on hating them..

3. [0hr]Sunlapse

[0hr]Sunlapse Wraith

Yeah you should, well out of those three I do think that RTR is the worst vocals.... But the best IF vocals are found on their best album, Colony! No contest....

I dunno about TJR's vocals.... they sound a little to silly to me. It sounds like hes gonna die from lack of air after everything he says and he is just getting one little breath after every sentence.

4. ThePhobiac

ThePhobiac be at ease

I'm here from the future to say that the above is all wrong.

I'm no fan of Anders's performance on A Sense of Purpose, and I don't think he's that much better on Sounds of a Playground Fading. But nothing could be worse than Henke Forss. Not even Anders's Koln performance in 1996.

Like, come on. 2:42 in this song. Speaks for itself.

5. galvanized

galvanized Member

That’s really sad to me, Steve. Henke was awesome.

Right and Wrong. TJR/Whoracle has best vocals. But, Anders’ voice is so blown out on Clayman he’s barely got anything left. Colony was definitely better than Clayman vocals.

How new is Jonathan Davis? I hope you enjoyed STYE, son.

I really disagree. Henke’s vocals are awesome and showed a lot of emotion and brutality. And that scream at 2:42 is amazing.

6. ThePhobiac

ThePhobiac be at ease

Fair enough! He does have a desperate quality to his vocals that I think fit with his lyrics. It's just that I can feel my own throat being torn apart when listening to him.

7. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I don't mind Forss' vocals on Subterranean, in fact I think they fit really well, but it doesn't sound like an In Flames album in the slightest. More like melodic goth metal with vampire erotica lyrics. If that's your thing then cool, but other than Stand Ablaze and Timeless I've never found Subterranean that interesting.