This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

You want technical? Behold...The Arctopus!!

Discussion in 'Spiral Architect' started by goncalo cunha, Dec 16, 2005.

1. spiralcharlie

spiralcharlie the ProgPower DONKEY!!:D

great band!!!

2. vessal1

vessal1 vessal1

geez you guys, no need to be so critical of each other and I was only replying to my own thread (metis)about behold being spazzy sounding I really dig them now even if no vocals, and curious to hear from others.
    if nothing else bringing back an old thread such as this can turn on just a few more people to more cool progressive bands is a great thing, right?

3. unknown

unknown fuck ftagn

incase it hasn't already been mentioned, I'd like to suggest TWISTED INTO FORM. this is the band featuring Spiral Architect's first singer and Kaj, so the sound is pretty similar to Spiral Architect.

definitely check them out

4. progmetaldan

progmetaldan Member

I just got BTA album today, it's absolutely insane!!! I love it, it's so crazy its just so much fun to listen to... I hope they come to Australia one day...

5. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Reincarnation of Yourself

It seems like i've left a legacy in this forum, one based on putrid retaliations... "The Dark Lord always leaves his mark" :heh: !! (LOL)

... I got the BTA album as well.. and i think it's pretty darn good... although the final mix is still kind of rough and not very pro (my opinion ofcourse)

** and in reply to "UNKNOWN" about Twisted into Form: there are atleast two threads about them in this forum and i'm sure you'd be interested in checking them out... and yes, they are very damn good too... very solid debut album... (my only negative on this album would probably be "Manumit")
    ... but i have to disagree with you on one issue, TIF sound nothing like S A, which is really a good thing in my opinion.

6. nicosanchez

nicosanchez Crazy Tech Prog Member

Oh my god!!!!!!! He's back!!! And I agree with him!!!!! Did the world changed that much in the past few months?????

Well, welcome back...

7. AceRoccola

AceRoccola Supervillain Outcast

There's a point where technical bands go too far. SA is one of the few bands that manages to avoid going off the deep end of tech because they have a fantastic vocalist and memorable songs.

BTA on the there hand, have always just seemed like more self-serving American wank artists. They don't do anything for me. They're obviously quite technically gifted, but the songwriting just isn't there to make it worth more than one or two novelty listens.

8. iAn ying yang

iAn ying yang lars k.norberg fan

just drums and guitar + warrguitar...so there no bass..
    the band its very technical...this is music!

9. progmetaldan

progmetaldan Member

the warr guitar has the range of bass and guitar, so he can basically do either...