This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Your first Devin album

Discussion in 'Devin Townsend' started by King Size, Feb 14, 2007.

1. King Size

King Size Mars Bar

Shit, I feel like there's nobody here. :erk:

Well, should anyone decide to visit these parts in the next 30 days, please tell the world which was your first Devin CD...assuming you ever bought one that is. :Smug:

My first was actually Strapping Young Lad, the chicken feather album back in '03. I didn't care for it much at first, but one-by-one I bought all his albums & now I fucking love it. It really is a monsterous record.

2. Alex78

Alex78 Fretbuzz Virtuoso

Ocean Machine

still my favourite album ever!

3. MECOSARIO

MECOSARIO NARCOSATANICO

Mine was "City"...And love it since the first time, I remember watching the "Detox" video on Headbangers Ball and then the next day after school I ran to the music store to get the album and going to a friends house to smoke a joint listening to it...

...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The good old days:rolleyes:

4. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Member

The New Black.:kickass:

5. COnsiderateApathy

COnsiderateApathy took the Left Hand Path

My first Devin album wasn't actually a Devin Townsend album, it was Steve Vai's "Sex & Religion" album... way before I even knew who Devin was. I loved that album, but then didn't hear of Devin Townsend again until SYL's "City". I picked up the City album because of the word-of-mouth about the band, at first not realizing it was the same vocalist, and then I made the connection... like, hey, wasn't this the guy who sang on the Steve Vai album? And I freakin' loved it, so I picked up "Ocean Machine: Biomech" out of curiosity, and that hooked me for good. I've been a dedicated fan ever since!

6. hexwind

hexwind Creepiness Och Terrorism

Ocean Machine on April 2009
    I still love it.
    I actually listened to his work with SYL back in 2007 but i didn't like it at all.. no i'm crazy about this fucking band tho :D

7. Dreadful

Dreadful When Man& Machine Collide

8. Alex78

Alex78 Fretbuzz Virtuoso

Really, thinking about albums like OM, Infinity and Terria makes me realize how bad his latest albums really are. Listening to Addicted makes me :cry: