This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ZP Theart and Dragonforce part ways

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by nomisofsiman, Mar 9, 2010.

1. SKguitarist

SKguitarist Member

Wow, didn't see that coming..

Oh well.

:lol:

2. Metal_Camden

Metal_Camden Member

That depends on how big their paycheck is.

3. MetalSpice

MetalSpice A slave who forever rocks

I haven't cared for DF since Sonic Firestorm, so this really doesn't phase me.

ZP has a great voice and I'm sure will find another band and prosper.

As for Dragonforce, they will continue to make music that sounds like video games because that's what makes them money. Maybe someday they will remember what good music is.
    Either that or they so will do like Claus said and get a mixed sceamo guy. At least then, the moronic fans that try to mosh at their concerts will actually have some music to justify such stupidity.

4. Dolamite S. Biffle

Dolamite S. Biffle Biffliest Person Ever

I think they should try to get Daniel Heiman (ex-Lost Horizon) since it seems like the reunion will never happen and Heed hasnt been doing anythign either

5. Octavarium38x

Octavarium38x New Metal Member

I personally disliked his voice for DF, it just added to the reasons why I have a hard time listening to them. singer from chiodos if he doesnt off himself! just kidding, I doubt that would work out well. I really couldn't even think of another singer to fit them...I feel like with the constant quick blast beat drums they have, they would need another really powerful singer.

6. adaher

adaher Member

What gets me is the "musical differences" thing. What kind of musical differences could Dragonforce members possibly have, unless Theart just wanted to do something different from Dragonforce? In which case leaving was the right thing to do.

As for the new singer, I figure the #1 possibility would be the old singer from Power Quest, since members of Dragonforce have worked with him in the past. If they wanted to really kick ass, they'd hire Fabio Leone or Urban Breed.

Claus mentioned Kiske, which sounds impossible, but geez, that would rule.

If they want a heavier edge to the vocals, Russell Allen would work nicely. And he can handle the higher pitched stuff too.

7. adaher

adaher Member

Oh wait, what am I thinking? Michele Luppi!

8. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

The musical differences is just a bs explanation. 9 times out of 10, that is the "reason" band members split, when in actuality it couldn't be anything further from the truth.

Russell Allen would never go to Dragonforce instead of continuing with Symphony X. That's absurd.

9. BenMech

BenMech student of the d'eh

They'd work pretty well with Andy Franck. he steals lyrics, Df steals videogame melodies and sound effects ;) Plus, Andy's actually good in a live setting

10. adaher

adaher Member

Russell Allen would never go to Dragonforce instead of continuing with Symphony X. That's absurd.

You're probably right given that SymX is about as big as Dragonforce these days.

11. dionysus11

dionysus11 MSTmike3K

I remember when I first heard Dragonforce when their first album came out I got it, and thought sounds like nothing special to me like every run through the mill power metal band. average vocals,average guitar playing,less than average song writing to me anyway, so i gave that cd away,but they got famous in the usa and that i will never understand how out of all the metal bands all over the world that one got famous here in the USA,I think they suck,and no matter who sings for them they will still do so. I'm sick of hearing about their guitar players they both are a fucking joke,truly sad to watch them try to play(but funny), I love watching the clips of them trying to play on youtube with my friends. Anyway I can't believe anyone really cares about this band.

12. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

Completely fucking agree. This is one of the WORST bands in recent memory to have hit it big in the metal community.

13. Creeps

Creeps Member

Guitar Hero did it.

14. actordude

actordude Member

DF gives me a headache.

15. rms

rms Active Member

here we go again...

16. Justin G

Justin G Member

What's DC Cooper doing these days?

17. adaher

adaher Member

I don't get the Dragonforce hate. They have great melodies, they play well, the guitar solos are tasty and well structured(it's not just a shred fest, it's mostly harmonizing with short bursts of shredding). The only drawback to Dragonforce is the lack of variety, but they work on that with every album. It's just tough to have too much variety and still call it Dragonforce given what fans expect from them musically.

That being said, it never ceases to amuse me how prog fans will trash Dragonforce for playing fast all the time, but actually rave about the brilliance of the latest prog tour de force that has nothing but slow, depressive songs that all sound alike.

As Herman Li has said, if you hate them because they play fast, go listen to the 99% of other bands that play slow. No one does what Dragonforce does. And it must be difficult, because otherwise there would be Dragonforce clones, and as yet there are no credible Dragonforce clones out there.

18. Dolamite S. Biffle

Dolamite S. Biffle Biffliest Person Ever

Not a clone, but Zephiniah does a pretty good job of getting close.

19. SavaVIDude

SavaVIDude Savatage Fanatic

I don't know how you can say that. He had to leave Priest when Halford returned. He had to leave Iced Earth when Barlow returned. And Yngvie (sp??), well, that kinda explains itself. I saw Ripper with all the above and he was AWESOME!! I would think he would settle in if he were allowed to.

I personally liked the dude's voice in DF.

Chris :headbang:

20. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

SavaVIDude - I think you missed my point.
    I saw him live with Iced Earth and thought he did a great job.
    I have Priest - Live Meltdown, and he does some songs a HELL of a lot better than Halford does these days (IE - Beyond The Realms Of Death)

My point is that he keeps getting "hired" instead of trying to go out on his own.
    I am sure Blaze must have gotten offers after his time in Maiden was up.
    I mean, I don't know this for a fact by any means, but I would guess that some bands must have hit him up.

He made a name for himself on his own following Maiden.

Can't say the same for Ripper. I mean, Yngwie, seriously???????