Threshold  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Threshold
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #51 (permalink)
Nellinha
An impossibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikarra View Post
Yes, i already knew that, thanks! It's a better venue! I'm interested a lot. I simply loved PL last album.

THe last time i saw them was during their "One Second" tour in the Lisbon Collisseum. After that i completely lost interest. THe previous album made me regain a new interest, and this current one is even better.
FNAC has no prediction as to when they'll have tickets. The Post Offices have been a mess and I ended up buying mine at Media Markt (1st floor, next to the CD's); you need to exchange it for a ticket at the venue, but that's usually peaceful.

Last edited by Nellinha : July 24th, 2007 at 08:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
Riverside
Riverside Freak

Culemborg Blues Festival on 25 augustus in Culemborg
Threshold on september 1 in Plato Helmond
Steve Fister on september 2 in Arnhem
Rush on 16 october in Ahoy' Rotterdam
Riverside on 13 dec in De Boerderij Zoetermeer
Riverside on 14 dec in Plato, Helmond
Riverside on 15 dec in Lantaarn, Hellendoorn
Riverside on 16 dec in Spirit Of 66,Verviers (tba)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #53 (permalink)
Bassfuss

@ forgottenglory :

Hi, interesting that you know POVERTY´S NO CRIME. They are from the area in Germany I come from. I have seen them live several times.

Have you seen Theo´s videos performing three tracks from the new album on youtube ?

Frank
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
LavagesOfTime
evangelist of Threshold

This fall is going to be quite busy for me, many good shows in rome

Dokken - 9 ottobre, circolo degli artisti
Girlschool - 25 ottobre, jailbreak
Dream Theater + symphony x - 26 ottobre, palalottomatica
L.A. Guns - 1 novembre, jailbreak
Gotthard - 12 novembre, circolo degli artisti
Hardcore Superstar (+ Crashdiet ?) - 11 dicembre, stazione birra

whoops, it's in italian, but i'm to lazy to translate, it was a copy/paste from my gig e-agenda
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #55 (permalink)
forgottenglory
Earth. Soul. Rock n' Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfuss View Post
@ forgottenglory :

Hi, interesting that you know POVERTY´S NO CRIME. They are from the area in Germany I come from. I have seen them live several times.

Have you seen Theo´s videos performing three tracks from the new album on youtube ?

Frank
I love PNC! I discovered them recently via perfectprog.com radio. I have two albums: One In A Million and The Chemical Chaos. I love everything they've done on those two albums. I'm thinking of getting Slave To The Mind soon...and yes I've seen the videos! Impressive...

Old July 30th, 2007, 02:19 AM   #56 (permalink)
Bassfuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottenglory View Post
I love PNC! I discovered them recently via perfectprog.com radio. I have two albums: One In A Million and The Chemical Chaos. I love everything they've done on those two albums. I'm thinking of getting Slave To The Mind soon...and yes I've seen the videos! Impressive...

Hi, SLAVE TO THE MIND is one of the albums I like most. But the song I like most is on ONE IN A MILLION : Ancient Lies. And I hope to see them live this year - if they play somewhere. The last gig was in their hometown at a festival (RELOAD) but I had no time.
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #57 (permalink)
DigitalDream

1. Vanden Plas (Frankfurt Germany)
2. Threshold (Aschaffenburg Germany)
3. Dream Theater (Frankfurt Germany)
4. Rush (Mannheim Germany)

5. and a Queen Cover Band next month ;-)

Visit my Renderosity Page !!
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/galle...igitalDream666
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #58 (permalink)
Nellinha
An impossibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDream View Post
5. and a Queen Cover Band next month ;-)
Any good?!
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:37 PM   #59 (permalink)
Pegas

This year I'm only looking for Threshold 8.9. in Prague (Czech Republic) and maybe I'll go again to Prague to see Symphony X, but without Dream Theater :-(
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
LavagesOfTime
evangelist of Threshold

Quote:
Hey FG, I think I still have PNC's first or second album (it is called "The Autumn Years"), if you want it drop me a private message, we can do some interesting business!
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:40 AM   #61 (permalink)
forgottenglory

Quote:
Hi, SLAVE TO THE MIND is one of the albums I like most. But the song I like most is on ONE IN A MILLION : Ancient Lies. And I hope to see them live this year - if they play somewhere. The last gig was in their hometown at a festival (RELOAD) but I had no time.
Actually, to be correct I first found out about PNC on a CD sampler from French Hard Rock Magazine (for the record it was on a CD sampler of the same magazine that I first heard Threshold with the song Freaks). The song was "Just A Dream". It's hard for me to say which is my favourite song because they have so many incredible melodies.

I've heard a lot of good things about Slave To The Mind. I will put it on my to get list. The only thing that put me off about that record is the strange album cover. Any ideas why it was done like this.

Old July 31st, 2007, 03:42 AM   #62 (permalink)
forgottenglory

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavagesOfTime View Post
Hey FG, I think I still have PNC's first or second album (it is called "The Autumn Years"), if you want it drop me a private message, we can do some interesting business!
Now...why would you want to get rid of it?!

Old July 31st, 2007, 03:49 AM   #63 (permalink)
LavagesOfTime
evangelist of Threshold

Plain and simple, FG: I got it for free (don't remember how) but I don't like it!
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:04 AM   #64 (permalink)
forgottenglory

Hmmm...what would you like in return?

Old July 31st, 2007, 04:13 AM   #65 (permalink)
LavagesOfTime
evangelist of Threshold

you've got mail @yahoo
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:28 AM   #66 (permalink)
Bassfuss

Quote:
Actually, to be correct I first found out about PNC on a CD sampler from French Hard Rock Magazine (for the record it was on a CD sampler of the same magazine that I first heard Threshold with the song Freaks). The song was "Just A Dream". It's hard for me to say which is my favourite song because they have so many incredible melodies.

I've heard a lot of good things about Slave To The Mind. I will put it on my to get list. The only thing that put me off about that record is the strange album cover. Any ideas why it was done like this.
To be honest, I don´t know what the album cover is about. The first song ACCESS DENIED was the opening song for concerts even when ONE IN A MILLION and THE CHEMICAL CHAOS were in the stores. Very good album with the former bass player (he has got soooooooooooooooooooooo long fingers ) and the former keyboard player.

My problem with the lyrics is that I simply don´t understand most of the things. As you can see or read I can make myself understood but there is a lot of vocabulary missing, especially when talking about more colloquial (right word ?) English.
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:43 AM   #67 (permalink)
dis_con_nec_ted

I guess the next one will be Amorphis sometime in september...

I'd love to see Threshold in Finland someday...
but I quess that's not gonna happen anytime soon Not enough Threshold fans here...
I was blown away by Kamelot this summer. It was theif first time in Finland and audience liked and band liked us too a lot. They said they'll be back. Thomas wrote their tour diary that their ears were ringing after Tampere gig

I would like to see Kamelot-Threshold tour... or Queensr˙che - Threshold tour... daydreaming...
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:05 PM   #68 (permalink)
Madrigal
MetaNOId

RUSH and Blutengel in October
Fish and maybe Amorphis (have to hear what they're like these days) in November
Dead Soul Tribe in December

and Threshold in September....!

Poverty's No Crime is one of the few bands I like since ages, but have never seen live before - they don't gig very often, do they? And if, mostly local shows it seems. What they need is a good support tour - and thinking about it; with Threshold they would have matched just perfectly.
Old August 1st, 2007, 03:46 AM   #69 (permalink)
IcedGuardian

September:
Threshold in Aschaffenburg

Oktober:
Dream Theater & Symphony X in Frankfurt
Lazuli in Aschaffenburg

November:
RindProg I in Rüsselsheim featuring Nemo, Sieges Even and The Flower Kings

Dezember:
Riverside in Rüsselsheim
On A Dark Winter's Night in Oberhausen featuring Nightwish, Tarot, Amorphis, Van Canto (An a capella metal band: www.vancanto.de )and more.

April:
RindProg II in Rüsselsheim featuring Alias Eye and Toxic Smile

I am so glad my hometown has somehow developed into a real Progressive Rock Scene.
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:55 AM   #70 (permalink)
forgottenglory

Quote:
My problem with the lyrics is that I simply don´t understand most of the things. As you can see or read I can make myself understood but there is a lot of vocabulary missing, especially when talking about more colloquial (right word ?) English.
As with most Prog Metal bands the lyrics are quite deep and intellectual. It does take some time to make sense of what the song is about...sometimes, but in the end it is very rewarding.

Old August 1st, 2007, 06:00 AM   #71 (permalink)
forgottenglory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
Poverty's No Crime is one of the few bands I like since ages, but have never seen live before - they don't gig very often, do they? And if, mostly local shows it seems. What they need is a good support tour - and thinking about it; with Threshold they would have matched just perfectly.
You're right and it seems that because a lot of the members recently had kids, which might be one of the reasons why they might not be touring a lot. On another note I think the singer Wolker Walsemann could have a lot in common with Richard West. Just check out the lyrics on One In A Million, a lot of them have to do with flying!

Just be to PNC's website and it says that the new album Save My Soul will be released end of August!

Last edited by forgottenglory : August 1st, 2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old August 1st, 2007, 06:23 AM   #72 (permalink)
Madrigal
MetaNOId

Great news! And yes, I did notice quite a few parallels, lyrically and musically, between PNC and Threshold, too.
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM   #73 (permalink)
BurningDownTheMiddle
Threshold Fan since 1989

Are there any samples of PNC anywhere (I'm too lazy to look!)
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:25 PM   #74 (permalink)
LavagesOfTime
evangelist of Threshold

http://www.myspace.com/povertysnocrime
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:12 AM   #75 (permalink)
Nellinha
An impossibility

Vanden Plas is coming by!
Vanden Plas is coming by!
Vanden Plas is coming by! *does silly victory dance*

Last edited by Nellinha : August 3rd, 2007 at 02:25 AM.