Turisas  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Turisas
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #51 (permalink)
Katie'Force
Kables

yay for ducks!!!! just remember to buy one... and paint... and glue... i have the fur though!!! hehe
we should so buy more rubber animals and make a battle metal army on new year...

t'Lion t'Witch an t'Wardrobe

Shoulders of the wasteland

What's worse than the truth? LIES!!!!

ORANGE!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Crucifier
Heathen

Hahaha, I'm fairly sure he says "ride on", too!

It seems like something you would say to a messenger (or sth a messenger would shout to his horse!)

*thumbs up for battle metal army!*
Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
SoulIntent

Also agreeing that It's probably "Ride on". Sure sounds like it to me at least.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:25 AM   #54 (permalink)
Blackkrash

Definately ride on. Listened to that song hundreds of times.
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #55 (permalink)
Maxwell von Karma
RivFader

Question about Sahti-Waari

I just bought Battle Metal album and while I looked at the lyrics, I noticed something strange in Sahti-Waari: There are the part where they supposed to sing: Nyt täyttyy mahlainen malja etc. WHERE THE HELL DO THEY SING THAT? Or if they don't, why put such lyrics there then.

Answer fast, plz

Finntroll Forever!
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #56 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

erhm...chanting? in the middle?

*goes off to listen*

edit:

they sing the middle part 2x, and they don't sing the 1st and last part of the lyrics as shown in the booklet AT ALL =/

LastFm

Last edited by AndreasS : January 29th, 2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old January 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #57 (permalink)
Maxwell von Karma
RivFader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasS View Post
and they don't sing the 1st and last part of the lyrics as shown in the booklet AT ALL =/
That's what I meant

Finntroll Forever!
Old January 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #58 (permalink)
Nygård
Warlord

Originally the idea was to have more vocals on the parts where you now hear the flute melody, but it worked better in the end without, leaving only the choir part.

Old January 29th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #59 (permalink)
regje
Crafty Duckie

and the booklet was already printed?
Old January 29th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #60 (permalink)
Nygård
Warlord

No, but the lyrics were already written and it made sense to still print them in the booklet.

Old January 29th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #61 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

I am actually surprised no-one noticed this before.

I was about to tell the threadstarter the exact time of the chanting, but I never paid much attention to the lyrics in the song tbh, because the instrumental parts are so great.

LastFm
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:06 PM   #62 (permalink)
Knoth

"ride on" or "ready" or "come on"... but ride on seems better =)
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:04 AM   #63 (permalink)
Katie'Force
Kables

It's definitely ride on, we watched his mouth as he shouted it in Paris

t'Lion t'Witch an t'Wardrobe

Shoulders of the wasteland

What's worse than the truth? LIES!!!!

ORANGE!!!
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #64 (permalink)
Nygård
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by strujka View Post
Hey guys, I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll post my question here. :] I was wondering about the translation of the Russian part in "In the court of Jarisleif" (it sounds like Russian, not sure though) and is it Nygård who sings it? I'm sorry if this has already been answered ... I coudn't find it :]
We used a step in singer for a couple of parts on the album - mainly for conceptual reasons - of which this "Russian" part is one. The other is the "Andrew Lloyd Webber" -part in Five Hundred And One. It's a guy called Antti Paranko, and he's credited in the liner notes. However, this is not Russian, but some pseudo-slavonic language we had him make up in the studio while we were helping him out in finding the right mood by doing cossack-dancing on the other side of the window. I wanted it to sound Slavonic without bearing through any clear message. Actually, if you listen carefully, you can hear something that sounds like "vodka" a couple of times in that short snippet, ...even if in a historical perspective this word and drink is obviously of a much more modern era.

Old March 10th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #65 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygård View Post
We used a step in singer for a couple of parts on the album - mainly for conceptual reasons - of which this "Russian" part is one. The other is the "Andrew Lloyd Webber" -part in Five Hundred And One. It's a guy called Antti Paranko, and he's credited in the liner notes. However, this is not Russian, but some pseudo-slavonic language we had him make up in the studio while we were helping him out in finding the right mood by doing cossack-dancing on the other side of the window. I wanted it to sound Slavonic without bearing through any clear message. Actually, if you listen carefully, you can hear something that sounds like "vodka" a couple of times in that short snippet, ...even if in a historical perspective this word and drink is obviously of a much more modern era.
haha that's great I asume you do more or less the same during the "drunken Russian act" live?

LastFm
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:00 AM   #66 (permalink)
Musical_G

I've got another question about a couple separate lyrics. Hopefully someone can shed some light on these for me.

In "A Portage to the Unknown" there is the following verse, which references Plato's earth transparent, and what seems to be a Platonic solid. Could anyone elaborate on this for me?

"Six regular edges and six vertices
Six equilateral triangles
Six square faces in another direction
Plato's earth transparent"
------------------------------------------------
I take it that "The Heart of Turisas" was the precursor to "Battle Metal"?
In "The Dnieper Rapids" did anyone else assume The Insatiable One was the river itself, or did they believe it was one of the Turkics?
What does Rex Regi Rebellis mean?
And finally, since I have so many questions. What is the general idea of Rex Regi Rebellis, sadly I don't understand Finnish. I'd really love to know what the song is all about though.

That's it! (for now)
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #67 (permalink)
Cari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical_G View Post
What is the general idea of Rex Regi Rebellis, sadly I don't understand Finnish. I'd really love to know what the song is all about though.
translation of RRR:
see first page of this thread please
Old April 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
Musical_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cari View Post
translation of RRR:
see first page of this thread please
For that single question, I failed hardcore at reading. The single longest post on the first page I didn't read. Wow. Hah.

Anyone have answers to the others though?
Old April 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM   #69 (permalink)
*Mika*
'Bridget'

Indeed The Heart of Turisas is as you say it is to Battle Metal....with the awesome midi file intro ^^
As for the others I cannot help =(
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:48 PM   #70 (permalink)
Nygård
Warlord

Quote:
In "A Portage to the Unknown" there is the following verse, which references Plato's earth transparent, and what seems to be a Platonic solid. Could anyone elaborate on this for me?

"Six regular edges and six vertices
Six equilateral triangles
Six square faces in another direction
Plato's earth transparent"
Online lyrics sources fail once again. The net seems to be filled with "wrong" lyrics. This is what's printed in the booklet.

Six square faces in another dimension

Plato's earth is in indeed one of the Platonic solids - a cube. The whole verse refers to a geometrical figure. And this figure carries a meaning. (Ps. a cube has 8 vertices...)

Quote:
In "The Dnieper Rapids" did anyone else assume The Insatiable One was the river itself, or did they believe it was one of the Turkics?
The song is about seven rapids on the river Dnieper (which ceased to exist after the building of canals in the mid 19th century and an electric station on the river in the 1930's). The rapids had different names and meanings in different languages (Slavonic, Norse etc.) also depending a bit on the interperator. The fourth rapid - and the most fierce of them all - was in Slavonic known as Nenasytets - The Insatiable.

Quote:
What does Rex Regi Rebellis mean?
Would translate "The king is rebellious towards the king" meaning "You are your own enemy". It's a reference to a historical novel by Zacharias Topelius' called "Surgeon's Stories" which the text for the Prologue for R.R.R. is from as well. It deals with the Thirty Years' War.

Old June 10th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #71 (permalink)
GmT-Curwen
Wildhoney

Hi,
I've always wondered what the part in latin(? I asume) where the choir is on Miklagard Overture meant, can anyone enlighten me?
Old June 14th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #72 (permalink)
Musical_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygård View Post
-text-
Wow! That's fantastic information! I would be lying if I said that having a member of the band personally respond wasn't unbelievable on it's own, but to also go into depth and give clarity to my own inquiry. It makes today a very proud day for me to be a fan of this fine band.

Thank you very much!
Old June 15th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #73 (permalink)
Nygård
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmT-Curwen View Post
Hi,
I've always wondered what the part in latin(? I asume) where the choir is on Miklagard Overture meant, can anyone enlighten me?
I merged an older thread on the topic with this one. It's been aswered on pg.2 by Crucifier. Oh, and it's Greek by the way.

Question about lyrics...?

Old June 17th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #74 (permalink)
GmT-Curwen
Wildhoney

I wrote greek on a beginning but then I thought I was wrong and edited it, haha, guess I should pay more attention to my instincts :P

Thanks by the way for clearing that doubt, cheers!
Old August 30th, 2009, 08:02 AM   #75 (permalink)
Dakkar

Well, when I need lyrics, I usually go to www.darklyrics.com. I finf that 99% of the lyrics there are correct. Although there was a line missing in Miklagard Overture.