Turisas  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Turisas
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:46 AM   #51 (permalink)
piki_metal

Check with the Guitar pro, it has both the tabs and the scores, and there are songs like One more or A portage to the unkown.
I can play the violin parts with the guitar in One More!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
crispyvenom

Question Turisas Bass Tabs

i need some help locating these
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #53 (permalink)
Chelak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cari View Post
I am sure that would bring some money, plus would make the fans happy to have original tabs
Yep... I too really want to play some Turisas on my violin - though personally I would prefer sheet music to tabs.

come on Turisas.. give us some offical notation!
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
Gramebossons

Smile turisas sheet music

i did a cover of katuman kaiku on violin and wrote out the sheet music on guitar pro, i hope everyone is satisfied with my work xD

http://giv58a.bay.livefilestore.com/.../katuman12.jpg

i hope it sounds ok
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #55 (permalink)
Chelak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramebossons View Post
i did a cover of katuman kaiku on violin and wrote out the sheet music on guitar pro, i hope everyone is satisfied with my work xD

http://giv58a.bay.livefilestore.com/.../katuman12.jpg

i hope it sounds ok
I'll play it later... thanks a lot. I'm about half way through notating 'one more' at the moment, I'll post it when I'm done.
Old October 4th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
Nygård
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelak View Post
come on Turisas.. give us some offical notation!
The instance responsible for publishing notation /sheet music would be our publisher, Magic Arts Publishing. There was some talks about something like this, but I don't know what happened. Feel free to turn to them with requests.

Old October 7th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #57 (permalink)
crispyvenom

dont mean to change the subject, but ive been looking for Bass tabs for Rasputin for a long time, and all i can find are chords for the Boney M version

can anyone help me? ive got it pretty much learned by ear, but it helps to be sure!
Old October 24th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #58 (permalink)
Chelak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygård View Post
The instance responsible for publishing notation /sheet music would be our publisher, Magic Arts Publishing. There was some talks about something like this, but I don't know what happened. Feel free to turn to them with requests.
Thanks for the information, inquiry sent. I suggest everyone else does the same.
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #59 (permalink)
wm_crash
JaKoo-Zee MC

I did send an email, but received no reply; not even an automated "thank you for your interest" reply. My guess is that there just isn't enough of a market to justify production and manufacture of printed material at this point.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan
Old October 25th, 2009, 03:56 AM   #60 (permalink)
Chelak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm_crash View Post
My guess is that there just isn't enough of a market to justify production and manufacture of printed material at this point
*sigh*

oh well.
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #61 (permalink)
thenightsablaze

Hey I had posted another thread about this but maybe one of you can tell me... Do you know where to find Violin Sheet Music for any Turisas songs?
I have been looking for over a year and cannot find it anywhere.
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #62 (permalink)
wm_crash
JaKoo-Zee MC

Get Olli drunk and then ask him where he keeps them. It's tricky because he has to be drunk enough to be willing to show stuff to you, but not so drunk that he forgets where the stuff is.

cheers,
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #63 (permalink)
JL

Unhappy Violin sheet music

Can someone please help me to find Turisas's violin sheet music??? At least for "Rasputin", "One more" and "To holmgard and beyond", it would be very cool
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
Kele

You could ask Olli, but I don't know if the band is willing to reveal them. You never know..
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #65 (permalink)
JL

Ok, Olli if you read this please answer! Lol well if they come back to shanghai for a concert i'll ask him :-)
But seriously we really cant find it???

Last edited by JL : August 13th, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #66 (permalink)
wm_crash
JaKoo-Zee MC

There are legal implications to official members disclosing official tablature. There is a company that owns the distribution rights to such material. These may or may not be made available comercially.

On the other hand, the best chance is to find someone with a good ear to figure it out (which means no way in hell am I able to help, sorry). As far as I know, selling/distributing copies of such material is not under the jurisdiction of the company with distribution rights because it IS NOT the original work, but it is an INTERPRETATION of the work by whoever does the transcription.

Y'all legally inclined folks feel free to correct me but I think I am pretty much always right

cheers,
Old August 14th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #67 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

I think Cari will merge this with some other tab-related threads

LastFm
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
surrealm
Røbøtæk

one thing that will help a lot with finding the melodies more easily (and more easily playable) is to tune the instruments the way the band do:
guitar : D G C F A D
bass : D G C F

Old October 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #69 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

now THAT's useful advice! ^^

*steals his little brother's guitar and tries to play but fails horribly*

LastFm
Old July 2nd, 2011, 08:10 PM   #70 (permalink)
Raab

Exclamation Messenger Tabs

Hi there,
since last week ive been writing GuitarPro Tabs for Messenger from Battle Metal. I'm finished now and i think it would be great if the Turisas fans could benefit from this.

I used GuitarPro 6 to write them. The keyboards in GP6 sound pretty decent so the tabs would sound the best in GP6.
Of course ive made a GP5 version of the tabs and for those of you don't even have any GuitarPro i exported it to MIDI format.

I tried to write the tabs as close to the real song as possible. Sometimes i figured out the chords by watching the guitar frets very closely. The "one fullstep down tuning" is what Jussi and Hanu are actually using live.
The keyboard parts weren't that easy to write because there's a lot of variation in what section (mainly brass and strings) plays what melody or chord. Instead of the female vocals that are in the studio song i wrote this part for the violin. Olli plays it at gigs.

Copyright of the song is of course by Turisas. Do what ever you want with the tabs but keep my name in the tab file please. You can add yours if you changed (and hopefully improved) some things.

Have fun playing!
Raab

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xap0yexomcexd2

PS: All the files (.gpx .gp5 .mid) are in one archive.

EDIT: Thx for moving.

Last edited by Raab : September 26th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:09 AM   #71 (permalink)
PraetentusAnemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shinster View Post
Violin tabs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramebossons View Post
Anybody know the violin tabs for any turisas song???
Quote:
Originally Posted by strujka View Post
I didn't say it only includes Etudes, but Etudes are played for better technic, and most of the nice classical pieces demand a good technic from the violinist :] Some Etudes I remember playing were from Kreutzer and Mazas, but that was 10 years ago. ;]
So, I can totally try to do violin tabs. Just... have to stop procrastinating and memorize the violin parts. (Been meaning to learn them for over a year now...)

Also, I was never made to play Etudes... Only whatever the freak The Suzuki Method had me play next. Of course, that was 4 1/2 years ago when I was still taking lessons...

EDIT: I just realized how different my violin is from probably everyone else's violins. Therefore, they sound quite different... Let the fun begin >D

please note: Prae is insane. The content of this signature will change from time to time. Just cuz Prae has nothing better to do.

Last edited by PraetentusAnemos : July 3rd, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #72 (permalink)
Forseti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raab View Post
Hi there,
since last week ive been writing GuitarPro Tabs for Messenger from Battle Metal. I'm finished now and i think it would be great if the Turisas fans could benefit from this.

I used GuitarPro 6 to write them. The keyboards in GP6 sound pretty decent so the tabs would sound the best in GP6.
Of course ive made a GP5 version of the tabs and for those you don't even have any GuitarPro i exported it to MIDI format.

I tried to write the tabs as close to the real song as possible. Sometimes i figured out the chords by watching the guitar frets very closely. The "one fullstep down tuning" is what Jussi and Hanu are actually using live. I asked the band
The keyboard parts weren't that easy to write because there's a lot of variation in what section (mainly brass and strings) plays what melody or chord. Instead of the female vocals that are in the studio song i wrote this part for the violin. Olli plays it at gigs.

Copyright of the song is of course by Turisas. Do what ever you want with the tabs but keep my name in the tab file please. You can add yours if you changed (and hopefully improved) some things.

Have fun playing!
Raab

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xap0yexomcexd2

PS: All the files (.gpx .gp5 .mid) are in one archive.

EDIT: Thx for moving.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I'm just new to the guitar so am taking time to get used to it. I have my eyes on the riffs later when I have some skill, right now I sound like I'm playing a wolverine with a chainsaw instead of a guitar.

Cursed Be Iron, The Great Escape, Dnieper Rapids are all on my list for guitar awesomness
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #73 (permalink)
Raab

You're welcome!
Yeah, it was pretty much fun. Nygard freaks me out with his relative keys. Messenger has a lot of minor chords in places where i thought a major chords is the only thing possible.

I'm currently working on the chords for Five Hundred and One (Spanish Scale?! wtf) and i have a few chords from the songs Great Escape, Venetoi - Prasinoi and As Torches Rise.

Cheers
Old August 25th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #74 (permalink)
wm_crash
JaKoo-Zee MC

There is an auction for Turisas guitar tabs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turisas-GUIT...item3369b55a62

I have bought some CDs like this, but mostly for the drums contents. It's disappointing, they are home burned CDs, and the software is not all that great. Still, if you want to shell a few bucks just for kicks, power to you!

cheers,
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
Cari

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm_crash View Post
There is an auction for Turisas guitar tabs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turisas-GUIT...item3369b55a62
I wonder if those things (like generally) are legal or in some grey-zone...
and no, please do NOT start a discussion about legal/illegal in this thread here - thanks