Vintersorg  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Vintersorg
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #526 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Ugetsu Monogatari, such a masterpiece; better than Kurosawa.

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 9th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #527 (permalink)
Azzor1911
HyBreed

I received the Ulver live dvd today. Terrific picture and sound quality (I don't have a blu-ray player), and an excellent mix of footage of the actual show (guys on stage, audience) and their projected movie.

Not sure what to think of the intro with the bleeding, hanging dude. I think* it's a mannequin. But the accompanying piano piece is very nice.
Eos is such a powerful song I almost started crying when seeing it on dvd, being flashed back to when I firsthand witnessed them playing it back in February last year. The haters/sceptics can say what they want about Garm's vocals, usually with many layers and reverb/echo, but the end result always sounds absolutely amazing, and that's what it's really about imo.

Pure awesomeness... Headphones and darkness recommended

edit: *turns out it's actually a guy called Mr. Ark Todd. what a creep

Last edited by Azzor1911 : December 9th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #528 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Sounds like a brilliant DVD; want to see it! Can you post some videos, please?

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #529 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

The adventures of TinTin...

Old January 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM   #530 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

I just watched two (to me) fine new films today.

First one was Dead Space: Aftermath. I haven't really more than tried the first game for a few minutes, but I fell in love with the first film and had to have the second one as well. They're not quite in the same style as the first one was more creepy, gory horror, whereas the second had a lot more action going on as well as retaining the gory horror parts to some extention... One of the coolest aspects about it though, is that is divided into segments where you got parts of the story told through different eyes, and all of these segments have their own little differences and details (also directors if I'm informed correctly) which are fun to spot, as well as they keep the story going forward. Well executed film which keeps the adrenaline up throughout!

Second one, and this was a kind of spur of the moment buy as I had no previous knowledge of the film or film-maker, was The Good, The Bad, The Weird. The only thing I can say here is HOLY CRAP THE KOREANS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!! Complete adrenaline rush from start to finish, exquisite photography, great score, several nice little twists to the plot, and holy crap it was funny! I hereby advice everyone I know, and don't know, to hurry on out and getting this film, this masterpiece!

Last edited by tobz : January 22nd, 2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: missing words
Old January 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM   #531 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobz View Post

Second one, and this was a kind of spur of the moment buy as I had no previous knowledge of the film or film-maker, was The Good, The Bad, The Weird. The only thing I can say here is HOLY CRAP THE KOREANS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!! Complete adrenaline rush from start to finish, exquisite photography, great score, several nice little twists to the plot, and holy crap it was funny! I hereby advice everyone I know, and don't know, to hurry on out and getting this film, this masterpiece!
Oh I want to see this one!

My pics

Old February 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #532 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Finally saw Trolljegeren today, really cool movie. Great design on the trolls, and like the hunter character very much.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #533 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

The Oscars are such a fiasco.

My pics

Old February 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #534 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Just came back from watching Hvidsten Gruppen, a film about a section of the Danish resistance during WWII. Amazing and strong film, recommended to anyone with an interest in these things, anyone interested in film, anyone and everyone actually.

And on the nerd side of town; just recieved my limited edition double pack of Patlabor I & II. Patlabor I - 0801/1000, Patlabor II - 0912/1000. Freaking awesome look of the box, haven't had time to check the films yet, but they're supposed to look and sound equally awesome I have been led to believe.
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #535 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Old March 1st, 2012, 03:07 AM   #536 (permalink)
Dinka

Soom ("Breath") by Kim Ki Duk.
Wow wow WOW.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:59 AM   #537 (permalink)
Vampyrian
Vault Dweller

I bought the Alien Anthology on blu-ray a couple days ago. I love it.

There's no rules here, it's like Thunder Dome!

http://www.last.fm/user/ovplain
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:13 AM   #538 (permalink)
Dinka

Another Kim Ki Duk: Bin-jip (3-Iron)
Wooooooow
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM   #539 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyrian View Post
I bought the Alien Anthology on blu-ray a couple days ago. I love it.
Love that series as well, looking so much forward to Prometheus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinka View Post
Another Kim Ki Duk: Bin-jip (3-Iron)
Wooooooow
Dinka, have you seen The Coast Guard (Haeanseon)? Kinda wondering how it is since the description sounds interesting...
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:27 AM   #540 (permalink)
Vampyrian
Vault Dweller

Quote:
Love that series as well, looking so much forward to Prometheus!
It's an awesome collection! Two versions of each movie (original theatrical cut + special edition/director's cut) with commentary from various people involved in the production and I think there's like 60 hours of bonus material on the discs as well. Watched the first two movies thus far and they both looked GREAT.

Now if only George Lucas would agree to release something like this.:S Gief original theatrical versions of the first three SW movies on blu-ray!:/

Speaking of Prometheus...

Peter Weyland at TED2023: I will change the world

Quote:
Peter Weyland has been a magnet for controversy since he announced his intent to build the first convincingly humanoid robotic system by the end of the decade.

Whether challenging the ethical boundaries of medicine with nanotechnology or going toe to toe with the Vatican itself on the issue of gene-therapy sterilization, Sir Peter prides himself on his motto, “If we can, we must.” After a three year media blackout, Weyland has finally emerged to reveal where he’s heading next. Wherever that may be, we will most certainly want to follow.
Pretty cool.<3

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM   #541 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Sounds pretty much like the same stuff I have, only I have it on DVD (Alien Quadrilogy) as I don't yet own a Bluray player. Sweet, sweet box indeed!
Oh, and a very cool link, although I couldn't quite figure out if it's something that will appear in the movie, or if it's just some kind of promotional video?
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM   #542 (permalink)
Dinka

Quote:
Dinka, have you seen The Coast Guard (Haeanseon)? Kinda wondering how it is since the description sounds interesting...
Not yet! I've seen 3 of them so far and loved them all. My top recommandation would be:
1. 3-Iron
2. Breath
3. Bad guy
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #543 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Old March 27th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #544 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

i saw Green Lantern and X-men First Class back-to-back about 8 days ago
it was my first time seeing both movies

neither one was really awesome but they were both a bit better than expected because of all my friends giving such bad reviews
Old March 31st, 2012, 03:32 PM   #545 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Recently got my ticket for Iron Sky in the cinema. Apparently it'll only show one time, and then it'll be taken down again
The show is nearly sold out, and I'm going with a friend with pretty much the same interest and taste in film as me, so I'm sure we'll have a great time
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM   #546 (permalink)
Naglfar
As Naglfar devours us all

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
i saw Green Lantern and X-men First Class back-to-back about 8 days ago
it was my first time seeing both movies

neither one was really awesome but they were both a bit better than expected because of all my friends giving such bad reviews
X-men: First class has both good reader / critic reviews on major movie sites, including rotten tomatoes. Neat Cold War nostalgia film, imo. Dunno why your buddies didn't like it. It wasn't WAAAAAAAAAAAOW but it's definitely was worth paying for a movie ticket to watch.

Do HBO shows count as 12-hour movies? If so, you motherfuckers all have to watch Boardwalk Empire. And Luck, even though it was cancelled due to horsies getting owned on the tracks during filming.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 02:34 AM   #547 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

X-men first class was Meh...Didn't really dig it that much. I liked Green Lantern better even though that one is kind of a meh too, but i just enjoyed it more with the alien concept and all.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:09 AM   #548 (permalink)
Vampyrian
Vault Dweller

IMO, X-Men: First Class was awesome. I'm very much looking forward to more. Green Lantern stank, it was one of the worst comicbook movies I've ever seen, glad it bombed at the box office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naglfar View Post
And Luck, even though it was cancelled due to horsies getting owned on the tracks during filming.
So stupid. 3 horses died in the space of 2 years, in accidents, and they go and shut down the entire production.:S Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see animals harmed needlessly, but accidents do happen.:S

They use a lot of horses on Game of Thrones... Good luck.:S

Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM   #549 (permalink)
Naglfar
As Naglfar devours us all

I'm an X-Men fanboy so if I go AWMAGAWD IT WAS SO GOOD, I can't claim my subjectivity isn't influenced by the fact that 1) the X-Men and 2) the Cold War are staples of my life. I think it was awesome, but if you were completely unfamiliar with the existence of X-Men prior to that movie... you probably thought it was pretty cool!

I erm saw Green Lantern. To each his own! Except Ryan Reynolds, who somehow keeps getting cast as a leading man when he's not.

As for Luck... sigh... I mean, three horses dying on you is not nothing financially, because they used real race horses. And Hollywood types love their animals (I mean, I'm in favor of that sort of thing). But everything I've read has said they weren't pushing these horses hard and treated them like puppy dogs. I guess the production team determined that it was inevitable that another horse would die during filming. That's a non-concern for racing tracks (horses die all the time from poor track conditions), but actors/film makers are more sensitive to the bad press / guilty conscience from that sort of thing.

I mean, assuming that at least one of the horses died during a regular session, that must have been terrible for everyone.

Last edited by Naglfar : April 3rd, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old April 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #550 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Well, I accidentally got a whole bunch of films home with me yesterday after being in town by myself...

A Tale Of Two Sisters - Kim Jee-Woon

Band Of Brothers - Steven Spielberg & Tom Hanks

Blood: The Last Vampire - Chris Nahon

First Squad: The Moment Of Truth - Yoshiharu Ashino

Hellraiser: Bloodline - Alan Smithee

Hellraiser: Inferno - Scott Derrickson

Hellraiser: Hellseeker - Rick Bota

Jade Warrior - Antti-Jussi Annila

The Pacific - Steven Spielberg & Tom Hanks