Vintersorg  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Vintersorg
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #1001 (permalink)
Azzor1911
HyBreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugen View Post
Today I got some stuff in my mail that I'd completly forgotten about (don't drink and order! )

Some really nice stuff, but it really did hurt my wallet this time...
lol, that's gotta suck, in a way..

Worst I've gotten myself into while being drunk while at the computer was getting banned from an online game server for teamkilling :-) (and I couldn't remember it either)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovembersDirge
I like both the Icelandic Odyssey records, I think they're quite good. I'm thinking about checking it out. I've been meaning to pick up some of their earlier stuff. Though I can't say I'm terribly hot on the use of saxophone.
Their first two albums are among my alltime favorite albums, you should definitely try to check them out. They were reissued some time ago so it shouldn't be too hard to track them down.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #1002 (permalink)
Draugen
I I I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzor1911 View Post
Worst I've gotten myself into while being drunk while at the computer was getting banned from an online game server for teamkilling :-) (and I couldn't remember it either)
Hehe, ouch!

Skald Official Webpage
Metal Monuments - my music blog
My Last.Fm
My record collection

"Jordlagda i namnlösa gravar som ekar av tystnad
Där gammelskogen viskar ett namn om och om igen
Den kallar på hans väsen att åter andas liv i deras kroppar
Ackompanjerad av gråa och regntunga moln ovanför"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 20th, 2009, 04:09 AM   #1003 (permalink)
Vampyrian
Vault Dweller

There's no rules here, it's like Thunder Dome!

http://www.last.fm/user/ovplain
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:42 AM   #1004 (permalink)
Agah
Abide

I just bought Sturmgeist - Manifesto Futurista. Number 338/1000, signed by "Sturmgeist". I really appreciate the effort Cornelius put in his releases by hand numbering and signing the first thousand copies. Haven't heard much of the album yet, but what I've heard sounds cool.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
- Richard Dawkins

Last.FM

Spotify
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:14 PM   #1005 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Dark Tranquillity: The Gallery (Original Japanese release).

What can I say? One of the best albums in history .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agah View Post
I just bought Sturmgeist - Manifesto Futurista. Number 338/1000, signed by "Sturmgeist". I really appreciate the effort Cornelius put in his releases by hand numbering and signing the first thousand copies. Haven't heard much of the album yet, but what I've heard sounds cool.
Where did you buy it?

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:44 AM   #1006 (permalink)
Agah
Abide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Where did you buy it?
A record store in Stavanger. You can get it at their webshop here if you manage to navigate through the Norwegian text.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
- Richard Dawkins

Last.FM

Spotify
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:47 AM   #1007 (permalink)
Azzor1911
HyBreed

When it was released, I got mine directly from Cornelius, I got #5

It's a pretty good album, but I hope that next time he'll return to the style of the first album (Meister Mephisto, 2005) which is my favorite.
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #1008 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Behemoth-Demigod
Old August 31st, 2009, 05:12 AM   #1010 (permalink)
Disgustipated
Cynical.

Skyclad - Prince of the Poverty Line
Skyclad - The Answer Machine?
Enslaved - Isa
Einherjer - Blot
Månegarm - Havets Vargar
Primordial - To The Nameless Dead
Orphaned Land - Mabool

and a 120gb iPod to listen to them on.
Old August 31st, 2009, 08:59 AM   #1011 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Borknagar - The Archaic Course (LP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
Skyclad - Prince of the Poverty Line
Skyclad - The Answer Machine?
Sweet!
Old August 31st, 2009, 06:21 PM   #1012 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobz View Post
Borknagar - The Archaic Course (LP)

Sweet!
Sweet!

Ulver: Perdition City (Norwegian edition.)

The story is that I ordered a DT shirt from e-bay and the seller sent me a fake one, and for some reason, even after I left him bad feedback, he sent me another shirt. Probably a mistake .

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:34 AM   #1013 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Quote:
The story is that I ordered a DT shirt from e-bay and the seller sent me a fake one, and for some reason, even after I left him bad feedback, he sent me another shirt. Probably a mistake .
Something similar happened to me. I ordered Vampire Hunter D (Special Edition DVD), and got the soundtrack for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust! After complaining, I got the Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust DVD as well, without sending the soundtrack back...
After this I gave up on him, considering I was going to get Bloodlust at some point anyway, and now I got a free soundtrack out of the deal as well...
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:28 AM   #1014 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:
Something similar happened to me. I ordered Vampire Hunter D (Special Edition DVD), and got the soundtrack for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust! After complaining, I got the Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust DVD as well, without sending the soundtrack back...
After this I gave up on him, considering I was going to get Bloodlust at some point anyway, and now I got a free soundtrack out of the deal as well...
Haha , but at least yours were original (I guess), mine were fake , so I ended up loosing like… hmmm… let's see… $27 . Crap. Bollocks.

My pics

Old September 1st, 2009, 01:07 PM   #1015 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Well, that's true! And yeah, they do look original enough (and amazing film by the way...)

Oh, and let's not forget:

Turisas - A Finnish Summer With (DVD, limited deluxe edition inc. 3" CD, warpaint card)
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM   #1016 (permalink)
Azzor1911
HyBreed

Quote:
Ulver: Perdition City (Norwegian edition.)
What do you mean with "Norwegian edition" ? The one that comes in a bigger jewelcase with a very thick booklet? I'm lucky enough to own one of those
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:39 PM   #1017 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:
Well, that's true! And yeah, they do look original enough (and amazing film by the way...)

Oh, and let's not forget:

Turisas - A Finnish Summer With (DVD, limited deluxe edition inc. 3" CD, warpaint card)
Yeah Vampire Hunter D is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzor1911 View Post
What do you mean with "Norwegian edition" ? The one that comes in a bigger jewelcase with a very thick booklet? I'm lucky enough to own one of those
Nope, just a normal CD made in Norway, I didn't even know that edition existed . If you happen to have a spare, I would like to have it.

My pics

Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:56 AM   #1018 (permalink)
NovembersDirge
Angry Metal Guy

Quote:
Nope, just a normal CD made in Norway, I didn't even know that edition existed . If you happen to have a spare, I would like to have it.
I think there should be one going up on Ebay shortly, as my brother is selling some of the stuff that I left in the states and won't be able to ever bring here, including my gigantic fucking CD collection.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM   #1019 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovembersDirge View Post
I think there should be one going up on Ebay shortly, as my brother is selling some of the stuff that I left in the states and won't be able to ever bring here, including my gigantic fucking CD collection.
Ahh that's a pity to be honest , you must feel terrible (and I'm not being sarcastic here).

Would you mind putting some links here, or at least of the Ulver CD? Thanks!

My pics

Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:49 AM   #1020 (permalink)
Draugen
I I I

I just won "Kosthoger" with Arckanum on Tradera (the Swedish "e-bay"). Real cheap as well!

Skald Official Webpage
Metal Monuments - my music blog
My Last.Fm
My record collection

"Jordlagda i namnlösa gravar som ekar av tystnad
Där gammelskogen viskar ett namn om och om igen
Den kallar på hans väsen att åter andas liv i deras kroppar
Ackompanjerad av gråa och regntunga moln ovanför"

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM   #1021 (permalink)
NovembersDirge
Angry Metal Guy

Quote:
Ahh that's a pity to be honest , you must feel terrible (and I'm not being sarcastic here).

Would you mind putting some links here, or at least of the Ulver CD? Thanks!
Yeah, it is a pity. I had over 500 CDs. I brought some with me, too. Fortunately I have an iPod, and an external hard drive. But I could only bring with the bare minimum when I came back the second time around. I basically just stayed after I moved here with two suitcases. Then when I went back I came back with two more suitcases, and brought along some video games and some movies and some very important books. But yeah, you learn very quickly what's expendable and what's not when you move overseas for good.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM   #1022 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

but....can't you find a way to send some cds to yourself? maybe a little bit expensive...but...if there's no other way....
Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:53 PM   #1023 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

^ Yeah I agree, I'm sure there's a way. An expensive one for sure, but surely cheaper than buying all those CDs again.

Wait… what am I saying? I want the Ulver one!

My pics

Old September 4th, 2009, 04:52 AM   #1024 (permalink)
NovembersDirge
Angry Metal Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefay82 View Post
but....can't you find a way to send some cds to yourself? maybe a little bit expensive...but...if there's no other way....
I have one box that will get sent eventually. But some of the stuff I just decided to sell. Plus, I have a big box of really important books that I need for when I start my graduate program.

Anyway, I don't even have a stereo right now, just my computer and iPod so I'm not so wracked up.

And all that later Ulver stuff got really, really stale for me. I have all those EPs that are super rare and stuff, but IDM was never really my thing.

Plus, it's fucking expensive and the economy in Sweden is bad enough that I can't get a job as a mover or a cleaner. So, yeah.
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #1025 (permalink)
Srontgorrth

Hull - Sole Lord
Lemonheads - Varshons

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Drunkard View Post
I'm glad I was able contributed to its awesomeness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vihris-gari View Post
Well I am the kvltest mvtherfvcker on this board, who has more exclvsive access to black metal bands of a <500 listener base than Dodens could ever dream ov. It is no wonder that I could address this dear lady's qvery.