Vintersorg  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Vintersorg
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
Naglfar
As Naglfar devours us all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svarthjärtad View Post
NAGLFAR:
I'm going to Maryland Deathfest. Perhaps we can meet up or something? I think we have like an extra room booked at the hotel right accross the street that a friend cannot make it now, so it is empty.
That is a most generous offer; I have plenty of friends and family in the greater DC area, and a buddy or two in Maryland, so I won't be needing your extra room if I end up going down. Thanks for the offer, though!

I'll let you know if I end up going. Gotta get tix and I have to do work in DC, so it depends if I can wiggle out of my summer traveling grind. Summers are more brutal than the school year for me nowadays.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #52 (permalink)
Qu Appelle
Tree hugger

Oh yeah - my review of Korpiklaani last night.

Korpiklaani was good. They also played a Shaman song, Il Lea Voibmi. That was easily the highlight of the night for me.

The whole 10 minutes I caught of Moonsorrow was OK, and Primordial was also good - but I skipped the last half of their set to play hacky sack with some random metalheads by the back door of the club. (I later found out that this was the band Black Guard)

It would have been better without the man with a gun outside. So, for the last half of Korpi's set, I was keyed up and couldn't relax. I'd be lost in thought just seeing all these weird people dance around me, and then I'd snap back to attention - Oh yeah! I'm at a metal concert! I finally got into it later in the evening, but when I left, there were 4 police cars outside. Thanks to a friend for giving me a ride home, I was also a bit too keyed up to take the bus or a cab.

(Oh yeah - police class was good tonight. Now I can say that I've seen what maggots can do to a 10 day old corpse. Yum!)

--------
Yes. I do apparently only listen to Folk Metal and Sámi Joiking. And ABBA. ABBA is the best.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #53 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu Appelle View Post
Cattle Decapitation
What an epic name! How does one come up with such greatness!!?
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #54 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svarthjärtad View Post
I don't think it'd really bother me as much if they were truely interested in things, but also proud of theirselves as well. Like Norrsken! I've been sending her Swedish lessons(which this past week, I failed to write lessons up. I'M SORRY!) because I know that she's truely interested in learning not only the language but everything else and also, she is proud of being Italian. I find it awesome that she feels so deeply about this. I feel amazed with English(UK) culture as well, I love reading English and Hungarian stuff, more than my own sometimes. Sometimes, I suppose people can be facenated by others just as long as you don't forget and love who you are.

Sorry for that little rant. I'm drunk and not in a very good mood. I just hope it made sense! Hehe.

oh well thank you (no need to worry about lessons, i can wait, i'm not in a hurry )
i think it's natural and also positive to be interested in another culture, as for me the scandinavian culture, you learn a lot of new things, you meet different points of view , and you understand that there are many differences between two folks, above all cultural difference, and so on.... i see it as a way of self improvement and a very positive thing.
but you've not to forget from where you come from.
i'm proud of being italian, i think my nation is very beutiful, for both nature and monuments, people is beautiful, we have great ancestors and we don't need to envy anyone.
anyway i'm still fascinated by the viking culture, which is deeply different from ours.
the interesting thing that connects my folk to vikings is probably the runic alphabet. some studies have underlined so many similarities between etruscan alphabet and runic alphabet.
Etruscans were a folk that lived in my region, Toscana, which was called at beginning Etruria (and the folk Etruschi), and not Toscana.
there is still a lot of mistery about this people, Romans came and totally erased this folk from Italy.
but some archeological finds, especially on the coast of Toscana (Volterra, Luni, Populonia), of some inscriptions show how runes are really similar to etruscan letters, so this is one of the possible explanations of where runes came.

this is an example

they also used the rail-system as vikings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agah View Post
At the Inferno Festival in Oslo there was a "Black metal sightseeing" that me and two buddies went to. We were probably the only Norwegians there, pretty much everyone else were Italians, and they acted like retards. They stood in front of Holmenkollen Chapel acting "grim and cold" because Varg burned that church in the 90's. It was really embarrassing for us Norwegians, but we did get a few flasks of Underberg to cope with our hangover, so that helped.
and yes, italians can be also very retarded

i went totally off topic, as usual
so back on topic, i'm going to see natron this evening, an italian death metal band, quite famous also abroad.

Last edited by lefay82 : May 16th, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #55 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Amon Amarth

Wow, what a great concert!

I don't really like Amon Amarth, but the band has a very strong presence on stage, and to be honest, kicks ass!

I liked that they were quite humble. very down to earth. And I got my poster signed!

I tried to talk Norwegian with the guys, but it seemed they didn't understand me.

I talked in English with one of the guys and he was quite kind, I thanked him for doing the signing session even though they looked veeeery tired.

Priceless moment:

This guy comes during the signing session and says to the guys: "See you in Valhalla!!!" . The band was like , and then they said something in Swedish that I didn't quite get. But you can infer hehehehe .

@Lefay82: Very interesting post, but maybe it's better to put it in the "learning Swedish" thread .

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Well, the Svartsot and Illnath show was a mixed bag of treats...
Illnath, for which I had no expectations, did a good show, but I didn't like the music.
For Svartsot, the music was great, but it was the worst performance I have ever seen them play...

Setlist for Illnath:
Zetite, Cast Into Fields Of Evil Pleasure, Pieta, Virgin Soil, Ravenous Crows, Hellish Butterfly, Damnation’s Dawn, Death Becomes All

Setlist for Svartsot:
Tvende Ravne, Skovens Kælling, Nidvisen, Højen På Glødende Pæle, Spillemandens Dåse, Hedens Døtre, Æthelred, Skønne Møer, Grendel, Havets Plage, Jagten, Gravøllet, Drekar, Jotunheimsfærden

More extensive reviews and photos will be posted at our site, hopefully later in the week...
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #57 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post

@Lefay82: Very interesting post, but maybe it's better to put it in the "learning Swedish" thread .

well, i know i was OT but everybody went OT in the last 2 pages, speaking of burzum, burning churches, black metal, italian retards, german ancestors and costa rica ....so...i was only replying to Svarthjärtad
but i can cut it and paste, even if i don't think it matches with learning swedish thread eighter
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM   #58 (permalink)
Azzor1911
HyBreed

Just got my ticket to see Neurosis at their exclusive club show in Haarlem, Holland on July 8th
I didn't go to Roadburn because the organizer didn't want to sell seperate tickets for each day, you had to buy one all-in ticket for the entire festival. So people who live in Holland but who only wanted to see one specific act, Neurosis in my case, were boned. Couldn't afford to buy one ticket and only go one day or take a day off from work and see them all, but with antipathy.

I'm so happy they're returning so soon!!
(any other fans of Neurosis here?)
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:14 AM   #59 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

this summer's gonna be a total madness regarding concerts.
usually there are no interesting concerts during the hot summer days, but this year something strange is happening.
the problem is that i'll be very busy with work, have nearly no free days (neigther free sundays) and i'm able to do one concert this july (nothing enough interesting in june)
but i'm having an hard time to choose.
i really cannot. i've already seen each group, exception made for entombed and cathedral.
the most interesting concerts are:
wasp + death angel + keep of kalessin + kataklism
or
testament + kreator + cathedral
or
entombed + rotting christ + necrodeath

only one among these
which one?
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM   #60 (permalink)
Gaunerin
vanquish the pain

Weren't you such a huge WASP fan? Then the answer appears simple to me Plus Death Angel and Kataklysm are quite good live. You cannot really go wrong with Testament and Kreator either though. Or just choose the gig that is the most convenient in regards of both date and venue.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:36 PM   #61 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunerin View Post
Weren't you such a huge WASP fan? Then the answer appears simple to me Plus Death Angel and Kataklysm are quite good live. You cannot really go wrong with Testament and Kreator either though. Or just choose the gig that is the most convenient in regards of both date and venue.
not a huge fan, but i like them

it's simply that i cannot choose.
the most convenient one for price is rotting christ + entombed, only 16 euros
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:55 PM   #62 (permalink)
Allfader
Kvelding

Rotting Christ is incredible live, they sound far better live than on the albums. I would choose to see RT over the other bands, despite I've seen Testament and Kreator on the past and both bands kick ass (specially Testament).
Teke meg i Fange»

Forestfather in Bandcamp - Listen the new Forestfather MCD 'Hereafter'! Atmospheric post/black metal
Forestfather in Facebook

Vahşet in ReverbNation - Death metal
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #63 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefay82 View Post
this summer's gonna be a total madness regarding concerts.
usually there are no interesting concerts during the hot summer days, but this year something strange is happening.
the problem is that i'll be very busy with work, have nearly no free days (neigther free sundays) and i'm able to do one concert this july (nothing enough interesting in june)
but i'm having an hard time to choose.
i really cannot. i've already seen each group, exception made for entombed and cathedral.
the most interesting concerts are:
wasp + death angel + keep of kalessin + kataklism
or
testament + kreator + cathedral
or
entombed + rotting christ + necrodeath

only one among these
which one?
I'd have to go with Testament, Kreator & Cathedral,() that's the best overall line up for me as I like all three bands. And since you say this is the only concert with bands you haven't seen yet, that's even better! Just saw Testament on a one off show in Copenhagen and they were simply amazing! Mille and the guys are always cool; I've only seen Cathedral once, but as I recall they were really good as well (been some years though). I wish that show would come up here, I'd go for sure!
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #64 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

i've seen rotting christ two times, and yes they are amazing on stage.
but also testament and kreator! very powerful bands....but i've seen them more than two times, kreator about 4, and testament maybe more...
Old May 25th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #65 (permalink)
Disgustipated
Cynical.

Going to see Jane's Addiction on July 30th, can't wait for that!

Also got a ticket to see the White Album concert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterLouder.com.au
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the The Beatles’ seminal White Album, four Aussie rock greats will band together for special shows in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.

Josh Pyke, Tim Rogers, The Living End’s Chris Cheney and Grinspoon’s Phil Jamieson will be joined by a 17-piece band to pay tribute to the Fab Four’s hits. FasterLouder is proud to present these one-off shows.

As the press spiel promises: ” The White Album songs will be performed in track order, starting with Back in the USSR and closing with Good Night, with state of the art sound.”
So that should definitely be a good show, the musicians involved are all talented individuals, and the venue it is being played at in Melbourne, Hamer Hall, has simply amazing sound and ambience, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Old May 25th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #66 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Cadillaaaaaaaaaaaacs!!!

This is going to be the best concert of the year!!!

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky

Last edited by Defiance : May 26th, 2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #67 (permalink)
Naglfar
As Naglfar devours us all

Mano, estan viejos eso cabrones. They came to NYC a month or two ago, I didn't hear good things. Concert was sold out, though. You know... I vaguely remember seeing them in the 1990s in San Juan. They had some sort of techno-electronic phase and were pretty awful.

That's a lot of negative there... they're a good band, was just saying... =)
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #68 (permalink)
Allfader
Kvelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Cadillaaaaaaaaaaaacs!!!

This is going to be the best concert of the year!!!
When FC will play live there? I hope they come here soon.

I bought the Hate Eternal + VR ticket, only 12 euro . It has printed the HE and Gorgoroth's logos on it (it looks like Gaahl + King were about to play here, but they are not part of Gorgoroth anymore. I hope to see the new Gorgoroth's line up live sometime).
Teke meg i Fange»

Forestfather in Bandcamp - Listen the new Forestfather MCD 'Hereafter'! Atmospheric post/black metal
Forestfather in Facebook

Vahşet in ReverbNation - Death metal
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #69 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfader View Post
When FC will play live there? I hope they come here soon.
Hoy (today) . To be honest I had totally forgotten about it, my dad told me yesterday: "So, are you still going to the LFC concert"? and me and my girl were: "…what, what concer… "!!!

My pics

Old May 27th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #70 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

a close friend of mine is going to take the airplane and fly to norway just to see the ulver's concert which will take place in lillehammer this saturday
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #71 (permalink)
Agah
Abide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefay82 View Post
a close friend of mine is going to take the airplane and fly to norway just to see the ulver's concert which will take place in lillehammer this saturday
It's probably worth it too. I'd love to go there, but the wallet says "no".

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
- Richard Dawkins

Last.FM

Spotify
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #72 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agah View Post
It's probably worth it too. I'd love to go there, but the wallet says "no".
mine too

and let's not speak about the fact i fear to fly

i would love to go to norway, a friend is on erasmus in bergen, he invited me there, but it's a problem for me now, mostly for money and work

Last edited by lefay82 : May 27th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old May 27th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #73 (permalink)
Blind Guardian

Going to Sweden Rock Festival next week, Black Sabbath is gonna be so awesome. Hopefully, but not very likely, I'll get to meet them somehow, maybe talk some football with Tony Iommi and have a beer with Dio
Vintersorg should drag his butt down there for a show
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #74 (permalink)
Svarthjärtad
Iskungen

@RUNK: I agree. It is odd though, you'd think a big metal fan such as he is would attend a festival like SRF. All of the years I have ever been there, I've never saw anybody from any of the V-projects. Strange. Maybe he goes and just hangs around backstage? I don't know. Of course, by the 3rd hour into it, I'm already drunk. Hehe. I'm sober the last day, all day, for sure - always!
Have a great time though! I have a chance to go with my girlfriend, but no way from Norrtälje to SRF. If you see a girl with blonde hair, heavier-set, (probably)dressed in all leather with a bunch of rings on and named Elin... tell her I say 'hi'. Hehe.

@LEFAY: I think the WASP would be a kill show! Wasp rules no matter what; plus, Death Angel is great as well. I would go with Wasp, definately!
Old May 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #75 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

I'm also preparing for SRF, it'll be great to get back there, and a great line-up (for me). I'm especially looking forward to Uriah Heep, but there's a lot of others as well.