Vintersorg  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Vintersorg
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #301 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
i totally forgot about this
it's still pretty funny

i was post number 300 on this thread
woo-hoo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #302 (permalink)
Naglfar
As Naglfar devours us all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agah View Post
Has any of you ventured into the land of Skyrim yet? I've played a couple of hours now, loving it.
Many months later postscript... I spent about 200 hours in Skyrim since it came out. Best game I've played in many, many years. I was never an Elder Scrolls fan, either.

I wonder if they'll release all of Tamriel using Skyrim's engine? I believe that would be the goal of the company, to take the original dream of Arena and make the world that was not possible decades ago.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #303 (permalink)
Allfader
Kvelding

I just saw the anime version of Iron Man. Looks like it was based more into the movie than the comic, but it beats the shit out of the movie.
Teke meg i Fange»

Forestfather in Bandcamp - Listen the new Forestfather MCD 'Hereafter'! Atmospheric post/black metal
Forestfather in Facebook

Vahşet in ReverbNation - Death metal
Old April 8th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #304 (permalink)
Sigurðr
Nature lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfader View Post
I just saw the anime version of Iron Man. Looks like it was based more into the movie than the comic, but it beats the shit out of the movie.
Sounds interesting, can you show me some link or vid?

Old April 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #305 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Old April 11th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #306 (permalink)
Naglfar
As Naglfar devours us all

I saw Noir, finally.

Can't believe this was the same guy who did Cazador de la Bruja (which was absolutely terrible).

Soundtrack is amazing, too:

Old April 19th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #307 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

NOIR has been on my wish list for so long, I can't understand I haven't bought it yet... Anyway, got a few new things today, will write about them later on...
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #308 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

May 4th!
Old April 20th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #309 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteredmindeath View Post
Yeah, I think that this one will be fun.
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #310 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteredmindeath View Post
looks like it will be the most awesome movie of the year
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #311 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

I have heard some good things about the Avengers. The reviews seem to be positive.

Here's a new Ridley Scott Sci Fi movie.

Old May 16th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #312 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Diablo III and Max Payne 3 are out!

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #313 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

I just got the Murder Princess OVA series. Good natured fun actionfest all the way it seems (haven't seen the last two episodes). A bit short though, only six episodes in all. From the way the ones I have seen looked, I wouldn't mind there being more of this!
Old May 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #314 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

actually saw the avengers movie
and yes it was awesome
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #315 (permalink)
Allfader
Kvelding

Avengers was fun and overall well done. I don't like Johanson's acting but the rest of the crew did a good job. The emphasis was on Iron Man and Hulk, I would like they had more Thor cool moments tho.
Teke meg i Fange»

Forestfather in Bandcamp - Listen the new Forestfather MCD 'Hereafter'! Atmospheric post/black metal
Forestfather in Facebook

Vahşet in ReverbNation - Death metal
Old May 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #316 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

i just saw "chronicle"
it was really well done
it showed superpowered people, but it was an original screenplay
as much as i love what's been happening with Marvel's heroes getting their movies
i think i'd love to see many more original-screenplay-superpowered-people movies
the other movie like this that i saw was Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson
seriously Chronicle was really good and Unbreakable was way way better than anything else shyamalan has ever done
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #317 (permalink)
Vampyrian
Vault Dweller

Quote:
i just saw "chronicle"
it was really well done
it showed superpowered people, but it was an original screenplay
as much as i love what's been happening with Marvel's heroes getting their movies
i think i'd love to see many more original-screenplay-superpowered-people movies
the other movie like this that i saw was Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson
seriously Chronicle was really good and Unbreakable was way way better than anything else shyamalan has ever done
Unbreakable's one of my favorite 'super hero' movies of all time.:/ M. Night used to be pretty awesome. Also enjoyed Chronicle.

My 'super hero' top five, just for the hell of it:
Hellboy 2
Unbreakable
Batman
Thor
Spider-Man 2

Tough to pick though, kinda surprising there's been so many awesome super hero movies made in the last decade or two. IMO. Still haven't seen Avengers, gotta get my ass to the movies before it finishes it's run.:S

Also, it'd be nice if Warner Bros, who owns the entire DC catalogue (unlike Marvel sadly, 20th Century Fox own the rights to X-Men, Fantastic Four and Daredevil, Sony has Spider-man, New Line Cinema owns Blade,... so I doubt we'll ever get to see Spider-Man or Wolverine pop up in an Avengers sequel) would try their own 'avengers-style' project with Justice League. I noticed they're putting out a new Super Man movie next year, then they can do Flash, reboot Green Lantern (because it sucked ass), reboot Batman, put out Wonder Woman, throw around some cameos and shit to tie the movies together and then finally... bring on Justice League. Could be cool, doesn't look like it's happening though.:S

There's no rules here, it's like Thunder Dome!

http://www.last.fm/user/ovplain
Old May 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #318 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

I liked Unbreakable as well, but didn't find it better than The Sixth Sense. Haven't actually seen Hellboy II yet, although I would love to do so, as I really digged the first film (except for that completely anti-climactic end fight...), and I have honestly never understood why Spidey II get so much more credit than the first one. They're both great, but I think I prefer the first one actually. THen again, I've always liked the transition part of the films, where the normal man/woman becomes the superhero.
And I know he's not a super hero in the traditional sense, but noone kicks more ass than Solomon Kane!
Old May 29th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #319 (permalink)
Agah
Abide

Saw all the movies leading up to The Avengers recently. The Iron Man movies were pretty good, The Incredible Hulk and Captain America were just "meh". But, Thor. Fuck Thor and everyone involved in the conception of that movie. Every line spoken seemed like it was written by someone who had never heard a conversation in their life. I never cared about any of the characters and the plot was forgettable at best. The only redeeming quality was that Asgard had a pretty cool look.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
- Richard Dawkins

Last.FM

Spotify
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #320 (permalink)
Vampyrian
Vault Dweller

Yikes. I truly loved Thor, I thought it was the best of the pre-Avengers movie bunch. Was great seeing a movie based on a damn comic book that didn't take itself too seriously. Well, suum cuique.

There's no rules here, it's like Thunder Dome!

http://www.last.fm/user/ovplain
Old July 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #321 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

i saw Amazing Spiderman last night
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #322 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:
i saw Amazing Spiderman last night
How was it? All the sites I've read state that it's pretty bad.

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #323 (permalink)
phantomfreak
WoY Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
How was it? All the sites I've read state that it's pretty bad.
I've actually heard that it was really good.

My CD Collection
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #324 (permalink)
NovembersDirge
Angry Metal Guy

Last movie I saw was The Avengers. First time I'd seen a movie in 3d. I enjoyed it, but the 3d got a little silly at times.
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #325 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

3D is completely useless if you ask me. I've seen 3 or 4 new 3D films by now, and I have yet to see a single one where the 3D could be considered a) an improvement, and b) even justified... The films were A Christmas Carol, Avatar, Alice and Prometheus.