Vintersorg  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Vintersorg
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Draugen
I I I

The tattoo-thread

Okay, now it is started. I noticed there were two old threads with tattoos in this forum, but they we're all regarding V-tattoos. I think some of us have others, don't you?

Skald Official Webpage
Metal Monuments - my music blog
My Last.Fm
My record collection

"Jordlagda i namnlösa gravar som ekar av tystnad
Där gammelskogen viskar ett namn om och om igen
Den kallar på hans väsen att åter andas liv i deras kroppar
Ackompanjerad av gråa och regntunga moln ovanför"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 8th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Draugen
I I I

Here goes:
This is my left arm. At the top is the now (in)famous trollcross (this one I drew myself to make it a bit more personal) and furthest down is the alien/bug/bull-thing that Tiamat used on their album "A Deeper Kind Of Slumber".

Below is my right arm. At the top is the Aegishjalmur, and I'm pretty sure most of you have seen it in some other way or shape before. At the bottom is the tattoo I don't like very much today - the kliffoth-star that Therion have been using on almost every album. Also, I should point out that I'll probably fill the circles and the line connecting them someday. It looks quite stupid as it is today.

Last but not least is the latest tattoo that I did about a year ago on my right leg. It didn't actually turn out the way I wanted it to, but after I got used to it, I really liked it.

And for the record, I don't shave my legs other than when I'm about to get tattooed...

Skald Official Webpage
My Last.Fm
My record collection

Last edited by Draugen : January 8th, 2010 at 08:46 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 8th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
lefay82
Per aspera ad astra

the third is the one i like most!
Old January 8th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Draugen
I I I

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefay82 View Post
the third is the one i like most!
Me too

Skald Official Webpage
My Last.Fm
My record collection

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elvina
Tree-Hugging Space Elf

yep, the third one is really nice! something i wouldn't mind having myself, just not on the leg

PAGANRoots Youtube channel - metal / folk / gothic live gigs.
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lupskalla
Solens Krona

Just wanted to share pics of my first tattoo, Odin I got it a week ago and I'm very happy with the results :P

PS. Try to don't see my face please (haha) I looked afraid... but I wasn't :P

Last edited by Lupskalla : August 29th, 2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Qu Appelle
Tree hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupskalla View Post
Just wanted to share pics of my first tattoo, Odin I got it a week ago and I'm very happy with the results :P
Nice! And your face is OK, too!

So, why Odin? Is there a story here? Or do you feel a personal connection to him?

(I don't have any tattoos and will probably never get any*, but all of the work I've seen in this thread is just magnificent! However, I do want to know what Mr. V's tattoos are!)

( *I have nothing against tattoos per se, I just don't like the idea of 'permanence' in regards to art on my body. It may be hard to explain.)

--------
Yes. I do apparently only listen to Folk Metal and Sámi Joiking. And ABBA. ABBA is the best.
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

@ Draugen: I really like the first and third pics! The second one is OK, but has space for improvement IMO.

@ Lupskalla: I think Odin tattoos are a tad too over-used (inked?), but I really like yours! It seems like a young version of him, since, from what I can see, he still has both eyes. Most people get the 'olde' Wotan tattooed.

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Draugen
I I I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
@ Draugen: I really like the first and third pics! The second one is OK, but has space for improvement IMO.
I couldn't agree more with you. I think the tattoo-guy who did the aegishjalmur and the stuff around it was a bit drunk, but it was many years ago now...

Skald Official Webpage
My Last.Fm
My record collection

Old April 27th, 2010, 05:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elvina
Tree-Hugging Space Elf

Quote:

PS. Try to don't see my face please (haha) I looked afraid... but I wasn't :P
hehe i was already wondering when you were going to post your tattoo pictures... very cool tat, as you already know, and you don't look afraid to me at all haha
i was just wondering what was the reason you decided to have it on your forearm? it's not a place you can easily cover up with clothes, especially in the summer...

PAGANRoots Youtube channel - metal / folk / gothic live gigs.
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lupskalla
Solens Krona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu Appelle View Post
So, why Odin? Is there a story here? Or do you feel a personal connection to him?
Thanks : ) Cool that you liked it I got a tattoo of Odin because I have always been fascinated by him, I just love nordic mythology and my favorite god is Odin, he's just great :P so I could say that I have a strong connection to him!!!

Quote:
I think Odin tattoos are a tad too over-used (inked?), but I really like yours! It seems like a young version of him, since, from what I can see, he still has both eyes. Most people get the 'olde' Wotan tattooed.
Cool that you also liked the tattoo hehe :P The motive that I got was painted by my sister (I did some changes in the beard and the wings but basically she was the one who created it) and she had various "modern viking" models (one of those my husband, hehe) so that's why he looks young :P About the eyes, I will get the blind one the next week because the guy who did it forgot it, ha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvina View Post
hehe i was already wondering when you were going to post your tattoo pictures... very cool tat, as you already know, and you don't look afraid to me at all haha
i was just wondering what was the reason you decided to have it on your forearm? it's not a place you can easily cover up with clothes, especially in the summer...
Thanks
Good that I don't look afraid some friends have told me that I looked afraid, but cool if not :P
I wanted always a tattoo on my forearm, don't know why but I have a weird fixation with tattoos in forearms, haha, they look sexy to me and I also wanted a place to show my tat as much as possible, hehehe. But I heard from the guy who did it that it's not a common place for girls to get tattooed :P cool to be original, haha : )
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:

Cool that you also liked the tattoo hehe :P The motive that I got was painted by my sister (I did some changes in the beard and the wings but basically she was the one who created it) and she had various "modern viking" models (one of those my husband, hehe) so that's why he looks young :P About the eyes, I will get the blind one the next week because the guy who did it forgot it, ha!
Ah hahaha that's very funny! You could leave it with both eyes, as there is an Oden with both eyes. It'd be stylish, since most people will have one-eyed Oden. Hence, everyone will go: he has two eyes!!!

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Grave-digging a bit here, but I just wanted to share my latest, and first, ink...

Old March 27th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobz View Post
Grave-digging a bit here, but I just wanted to share my latest, and first, ink...

NICE!!!!

My pics

Old March 28th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Quote:
NICE!!!!
Thanks! Too lazy to make it a better size (the pic that is), so I hope you can live with it.
Anyway, it's all healed up now, and looks even better than it did on the pic, a bit lighter in the tone...
Old March 31st, 2012, 02:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Nattväsen
Oknytt

My first, and only tattoo atm, done completely by hand, no machine

Old March 31st, 2012, 03:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Nice one! Is it something you've drawn yourself, or an old image?
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Nattväsen
Oknytt

The design is from a dragon head that they found on a bedstead, in a norwegian ship And when i went to the tattoo artist and saw the picture in a book, i was like..: "Dude.. It's mine!" https://www.theimagefile.com/v/tp/13...c-quayside.jpg That's not the acctual original picture, but it looked something like that, and i would'nt mind having those cuties on my bed
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

the tattoo on the back of my left hand reads D C L X V I
[six hundred and sixty-six in roman numerals]
the tattoo on my upper left arm is a Bat symbol,
not the weird rounded one from the 60s show,
but the one from Frank Miller's art where it looks more like an actual bat
i don't have pics cuz they both look like crap
gonna have them touched up before i take pics of them
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
the tattoo on the back of my left hand reads D C L X V I
[six hundred and sixty-six in roman numerals]
Like the Entombed album, or your own idea?
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Like the Entombed album, or your own idea?
no, not like the album, i live in the bible-belt
and it was just a kind of anti-christian thing
when i was in highschool, i had to learn roman numerals twice
once in History Class (roman numerals is an obsolete math sytem because there's no concept of Zero)

once in Math Class (actually learning how to do math in roman numerals, because it's a whole different skill because it has no Zero-as-place-holder)

i got frustrated with Christianity, (as i have already talked about in lots of ultimatemetal threads about religion) so when i decided to get tattoos, i thought that having a horrendously sacrilegious tattoo on the back of my hand would get me laid in Gothic clubs, and i remembered how to read roman numerals and i thought that having 6 hundred and sixty six written in roman numerals would look a lot more bad-ass than just "666" which had already been tattooed onto each of all my friends

i didn't even know D C L X V I was a 1997 album until a few days after i'd gotten the tattoo
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

thinking about getting a green lantern tattoo

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ead.php?t=6216
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
tobz
is where its at

Quote:
i thought that having a horrendously sacrilegious tattoo on the back of my hand would get me laid in Gothic clubs,
Did it work?
Old August 27th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Did it work?
yes, actually

Quote:
thinking about getting a green lantern tattoo

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ead.php?t=6216
i didn't even know who the hell greenlantern was till the creation of Kyle Rayner
and i wanted to get a Kyle Rayner tattoo (like lettering in the tattoo that actually says "Kyle" or "Rayner" so that the person seeing the tat would know it's not Hal Jordan that i pay attention to

but now i'm thinking i don't really want to get a GL tat anymore because of the whole DCU getting re-booted thing, 10 years from now the 15-20-year-olds looking at a GL tattoo won't have any idea who the fuck Kyle Rayner is

love spiderman, but only 616, i'd already given up trying to continue reading the ultimate universe's spiderman even before they killed peter freaking parker
having peter dead and having some other kid put on the spiderman costume was a horrible gimick to sell more ultimate universe titles

been waiting since the "ultimatum wave" to get a tattoo that has the words "Earth 616" in it, but i don't want just the phrase by itself, i want spiderman totally filling up my back but i'm just waiting for money to get this pic filling up my entire back, here's the spiderman pic i want filling up my back

Old April 26th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Sigurðr
Nature lover

Did this one last month, also, hello guys! loooooooooooong time no see! Nice to see some old faces still keeping this community alive