Withersoul  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > UM Forums > Unofficial / Extra / Archived Forums > Oak Knoll Productions > Withersoul
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 11th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Withersoul

Upcoming Withersoul shows:

November 27th @ the Crayola House in Harrisonburg, VA. with Ocean, + TBA. We love Ocean..they completely kick ass..this is going to be a great show...

January 14th @ Jaxx in Springfield, VA. With Todesbonden, Brave, Shroud of Bereavement. EPIC and MASSIVE!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hawng
Internationaly known

Dont forget your show at Nanci Rayguns
And on Anthrax re-re-reunion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie 86
like I said, at this point it's exactly like being drunk and calling your fat ex-girlfriend at 2 am to get laid because you struck out at the local bar... pathetic..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 26th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oak Knoll
Oak Knoll Productions

and there is a show coming up with Withersoul, Green Evening and Green Carnation.. in March! Damn I wish I could go to this show!!!
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Withersoul

Actually...we have a good amount of shows coming up in the near future:

March 29th, with Green Carnation (a personal favorite of ours),
Also on the bill: Beyond the Embrace, us, our good friends from philly -the Green Evening Requiem, & Age of Decay. We're selling tickets, and we need to sell them all! Write me and I'll cut you a deal on them... Richmond people, if we get enough folks coming, you can get on the party bus and get up to the club that way!

May 13th GIG OF DOOM
with Shroud of Bereavement, Us, Keen of the Crow (ex-Morgion), & Loss @ Nanci Raygun in Richmond, VA. This is a LATE show...starts at 10pm.

May 20th Death in the Forest Festival.
In Middleton, NY. With Vital Remains, A.C., Immolation, Green Evening Requiem, Skinless, Impaled, Typhus, Distorted Mind, and a bunch of other cool bands.

Sept 16th Richmond Metal Festival @ Alleykatz. Can't announce the bands yet, but it's going to be seriously cool...

We're planning some dates in western PA with Green Evening Requiem in April...plus we'll be marching around the East Coast this summer...
Old February 27th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oak Knoll
Oak Knoll Productions

Who is in Withersoul? What are some of your influences as a band
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Barkley
Withersoul

My name is Barkley (Dan). I play guitar in Withersoul, I've been playing guitar for upwards of 7 years, and I love polka music....... As far as my own personal influences go, I listen to a lot of Death Metal: At the Gates, Death, Necrophagist, Opeth... Bill and I go fishing often.
Old March 13th, 2006, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Withersoul

I'm William...i'm the founding member of Withersoul...I started this band back in 2002.. I've been playing since I've been playing bass for the better part of 15 years now... It was a dream of mine to start a doom metal band in Virginia since the mid-90's, and it's been the greatest (and sometimes hardest) experience I've ever been a part of...

My influences are all over the place.. Black Sabbath (all periods), Killing Joke, My Dying Bride, Mylene Farmer, Witchfinder General, Iron Maiden, Katatonia, Sigur Ros, Mindrot, Radiohead, Cathedral, While Heaven Wept, My Bloody Valentine, Pentagram, Angel Witch, Hawkwind, Blue Cheer, Garden of Shadows, Grand Funk, Godflesh, Sunn o))) eyehategod, 13, Voivod, etc. etc. etc.

Oh yeah, I also play bass in a sludge/drone sort of band named Lightbringer (www.myspace.com/lightbringerva) .. Think Eyehategod meets My Bloody Valentine...

Last edited by Withersoul : March 13th, 2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Withersoul

Little update...we're going on at 3pm on the main stage at the Death in the Forest fest...